Member Ranks re-instating

So I'm looking to re-instate membership ranks, make things a little more fun where possible.

What would you all like them to be called?

0 = Voyeur

1 = Comfy Loafer (Many were familiar with this when the community first started)

100 = ?

500 = ?

1000 = ?

1500 = ?

2000 = ?

3000 = ?

4000 = ?

5000 = ?

More than 5000?

What's the highest possible rank you could expect to ever reach?

Go... :clap:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

10 hours ago, at9 said:

Sorry to be a grouch but I reckon this is totally unnecessary. Others may differ.

Of course it is... Its just for a bit of fun... Decorating your house is unnecessary, but people still do it because its nice :-)

8 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Sorry but I am not able to understand. 

People earn different ranks (Titles) based on their input.

• Like 1

I agree with you - just a bit of fun. Coming up with appropriate titles could be tricky, though, or at least require imagination and lateral thinking. Voyeur makes sense for zero, and comfy loafer for those starting out, but beyond that tastes and aspirations differ widely. 

Edited by Shyheels

I have no real problem with Tech's idea. As far as how high a level one can go we need only look at two members, Bubba136 and Shyheels, who are the only two active members with over 10,000 posts thus establishing a gold standard. Others have opined, and I would reiterate here, that probably two dozen or so members are the creators of 80% of the new posts. Perhaps this is somewhat inevitable in forums. It should be fun and engaging and I believe it is but keeping it interesting is also important. If only 10-20% more of those who have been lurking would join our forum then its dynamic nature might be more apparent. Here's hoping, whether as a Comfy Loafer or a Super Stiletto 8) HappyinHeels

• Like 1

I'm fine with any idea that will generate more interest and activity on the forum. Let's give it a try.

Steve

PS. Hmmmm...I'm a "Steve with two dots." What's the message here? LOL

Edited by Steve63130

6 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

I'm fine with any idea that will generate more interest and activity on the forum. Let's give it a try.

Steve

I hope it's not because you lack dash...:cheeky:

“Steve with two dots,” a good sounding Indian name.....   ha ha....    sf

• Haha 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 5/23/2019 at 2:34 AM, Steve63130 said:

Steve..

20 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

And what about giving is a title that matches  with our personal competences,knowledges,experiences,skills or whatever ?

Because its meant to be fun.. You were joking when you posted that right?

Well, I was trying to think of a clever list that would stick with the comfy loafer theme, but sadly my creative juices are not flowing.  I was trying to add similar descriptive names to various shoe types and I did not get very far...  :( sigh

Edited by hhboots

If you wanted to match the first of the style to a description then these are some I just though of: After "Comfy Loafer", how about "Magnificent Mule", "Delightful D'Orsay", "Wonderful Wedge", "Beautiful Boot", and "Sleek Stiletto"?? Just a few to get started. Like others have said anything to keep it interesting! HinH

• Like 1

And.....  Sexy Sandal, Strappy Sandal, Kitten Heels???    Maybe?    Sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 5/24/2019 at 10:27 AM, HappyinHeels said:

If you wanted to match the first of the style to a description then these are some I just though of: After "Comfy Loafer", how about "Magnificent Mule", "Delightful D'Orsay", "Wonderful Wedge", "Beautiful Boot", and "Sleek Stiletto"?? Just a few to get started. Like others have said anything to keep it interesting! HinH

As almost anything @HappyinHeels says here... I second these!

Avoid alliteration.  It sounds like a reading scheme. Letterland https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=letterland&id=82E1493B13D12700F349E2E2CAA637840D780C74&FORM=IQFRBA had Kicking King and Annie Apple.  Lamplady Lucy always had me whistling Lily Marlene https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=letterland&id=82E1493B13D12700F349E2E2CAA637840D780C74&FORM=IQFRBA

This site IS a reading scheme. It encourages us to read others' experiences and thus adds to our collective human experience. Whilst the vast majority here go about their business alone we all still migrate back here to read the journeys of others and the purpose of our site is fulfilled. HinH

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, HappyinHeels said:

This site IS a reading scheme.

And that is sad. It is supposed to be a "forum", a latin word describing a marketplace or townplace. It is all about exchanging, in this case here it is about communication. And communication is about sending and receiving, not only about receiving. If everybody would read only there would be no new impact. In Germany our most lively forums had a policy of gettig rid of members who would not post in definite intervalls. So no posts (and that meant meanful posts, not just "i like that" or "yes!") in 2 years and you are out. One very good forum had a even stricter policy with a timeframe of 6 weeks.

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)