Office Heels - How High Do You Dare Wear? (for the Guys version)

Cali

I wanted to reply to this topic that's on the women's forum, but don't want any problems from Tech about that. Thus 

I thought I would start a version that men can reply to...so here goes.......

On 3/30/2015  @SexyToesToo started this topics in the For the girls forum, so I will just quote her here:

On 3/30/2015 at 11:25 PM, SexyToesToo said:

I have "appropriate" footwear for working in an office.  But every blue moon I like to wear my favourite platform peep toe pumps with a 5 1/2" heel. How high do you dare wear to the office?

I work almost everyday in heels, from 3.75" with no platform to 7" with a 2" platform. (See my SM Manners for example.)  So my personal highest is 7" with a 2" platform, but that can only go up.  :cheeky:

So how high of a heel do you dare wear to the work?

• Like 1

I don't often wear heels at work, factory setting even for engineers has rules. I have been spotted with my 5 inch 1969 basic black pumps several times but other than wearing them at my desk I don't wear them. I have on occasion worn 3 inch Cuban heels, even wore a pair out. Hydraulic fluid and leather are not a good match and it killed my Cubans quickly. 

I do wear 4.75 to 5.25 single soles around town more than not and many coworkers have seen me in them. Although not what you asked.

• Like 1

I’m the same for work as it’s steel toe boots and occasional gym shoes.   I wish I could wear heels to work.  I’m in an office setting as well as in commercial renovations.   When I do wear heels I’m in 5 to 6 inch single soles with no issue.  One pair of sigle soles at 6-1/4” that are good for a couple hours. 5F8797CB-6CCD-4CDF-8895-380E75B3D819.thumb.jpeg.34ddb5783677229e25ecfd3f64a00f95.jpeg

i have a few 7 inch with 2 inch platforms and a few 6 inch with 1 up to 2 inch platforms 

• Like 4

I can wear anything I please to my office as I work from home when I am not travelling and I make it something of a point of pride to have a fairly bohemian office dress code. When I am travelling on assignments I do often where my knee boots (no heels) since they can double as nice looking civilised wear and useful boots in the field where there might be snakes etc. 

• Like 1

I usually wear boots with heels that measure over 4" into the office and have settled comfortably into that height.  It's enough to have the effect of wearing heels, without being over the top.  I am 6 feet tall without heels... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I can wear anything I please to my office as I work from home when I am not travelling and I make it something of a point of pride to have a fairly bohemian office dress code. When I am travelling on assignments I do often where my knee boots (no heels) since they can double as nice looking civilised wear and useful boots in the field where there might be snakes etc. 

So I take this mean less than 1 inch???

On my knee boots? Whatever a standard heel would be. The places I go on my assignments as a rule would not be brilliant for wearing heels.

At home I can wear what I like and when I work from home, I do

Edited by Shyheels

Personally, I think the operative word here is work.   Every woman doesn’t work in an office setting and every guy doesn’t work in a construction setting.  So, you have to  dress accordingly and be functional;  ie, don’t show up at the construction zone in your highest heels with your hammer and hard-hat.  I guest if you’re transitioning to a new lifestyle you should always stay with what you’re comfortable with in a work environment.   

Again personally, heels to me are like play-time, and if you’re  going out, go as high as you can,  maybe carry some contingency shoes if things go badly.  LOL!

• Like 2

Good idea to bring that topic to men.

For working at home,I wear from 6 1/2 to 6 inches ( 16,5 to 15 cm) stilettos single sole 

if I have to walk outside or traveling  then from 5 1/4 to 5 1/2  ( 13 to 14,5 cm) block or Cuban heels. Single sole again.

I haven't still found out why I don't feel good in  less high shoes. Then the sole is noisily slapping the ground. 

What doesn't happen with higher heels ! 

Pierre 

• Like 1

I wear heels everyday - to work and on my days off

I don't wear over 5 inches to work because of practicality ( try t and see how 5 inch heels in my size goes after 10+ hrs in pumps) and also because of judgement - everyone judges heels - and as ones heels get quite steep so do the judegements.... 4 inch pumps are my go to shoes.

Evening/formal do etc .... sure - why not get up on my toes and go for a pair of tall heels!

• Like 1

I have the same response as several others. I don't work in an office. I have enough edumacation to work in an office, I just choose not to. Therefore, I don't even have the option of wearing heels to work for practical and safety reasons.

I am in an office 75% of the time and I end up at factories, corporates, warehouses etc for site visits/follow up etc and I still go in heels. Admittedly I often have to wear steel capped gumboots at these places, and leave my heels in their admin areas if I am to be permitted into the working environment, which is fine because they provide the footwear and if need be I just do what other visitors do and wear a visio jacket/hat etc and gumboots. Can look a bit silly in a skirt with gumboots - but I enjoy wearing my heels as much as I can, and some places I can visit and keep my heels on still. It depends on the nature of the work environment, I suppose I am lucky, certainly being in an office is easier! One of the warehouses I worked at - it was 3.5km walk to walk its aisles once - in one direction, so there is a lot of walking, so In some ways its not a bad thing to be made to ditch the high heels !

• Like 1

The heel height that I wear in the office is between 4" and 5 1/2".  For me, it is more about wearing heels that are comfortable and match what I am wearing plus with some thought on the attire worn at the workplace. So my shoes tend to be conservative in terms of color and style. Simple pumps or booties are my main choices. But then I wear heels about 90% of the time so I can have on more striking heels when I am not at work.

My typical heels at work are like the ones below:

KevinHeel_0401_Side_R.png

• Like 4

I typically wear 3" block, stacked, or tapered heels, rarely stilettos. It's usually just my wife and I in the office, and it's important to be able to walk comfortably, so I'm not interested in achieving great heights. Hmmm...reminds me of a Henry Wadsworth Longfellow quote: 

"The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night."

Sorry, I don't work well at night! LOL

Steve

• Like 2

I think I have posted before in another thread about my desire to one day start wearing heels to work. The new position I took within Tesla opens the door to that opportunity, but not fully just yet.

The majority of the time, I end up in a shop environment, wear I need shoes that have safety toes and are ESD safe. Because of this, I had bought women’s Red Wings because the men’s colors were boring. I had wanted to get a blue color, but they only had pink. I figured wth and got them anyway.

Now most recently, actually a week ago this past Friday, I decided to test the waters and just wear my Converse wedges. Now admittedly I probably am spending overall less time in the shop environment, but there’s always a chance. So I still took my Red Wings to work, but ended up wearing my wedges the entire day.

So to answer the question, so far only a 2.5” heel, but I hope by the time I am done in the shop environment, I’ll be at 4” heels!

• Like 5

Like many others here I don't work in an office environment, and though I wear heels at work as much as I can, it isn't always possible. I drive rock bands on tour all over Europe in a sleeper bus and, much as you'd think that lifestyle would lead to a fairly open minded crowd where it comes to fashion choices, that sadly isn't the case most of the time. So my high heeling at work is limited to either when I have an empty bus, in which case I'm often in a skirt and heels, or when everyone has gone to bed (we travel overnight between shows mostly), in which case I'm limited to just shoes that I can change quickly if needs be. Wish that wasn't the case, but it's a small industry, and drivers who are known to be a bit 'odd' don't tend to get much work. 

Now I can and have driven my bus in some fairly extreme heels, 6" flat sole stilettos and higher with platforms, and it's perfectly safe and comfortable to do it due to the driving position on a bus, which sees you pushing down from above on the pedals, rather than down and along as you do in a car. But the discomfort comes not from the feet but from your backside, as your feet are sitting higher off the floor all of your body weight is taken by your arse, which on a long journey becomes pretty numb. So most of the time I stick to a 4" heel maximum, which makes me and my arse happy. 

Heres a pic of my 'go too' heels, I find myself wearing these a lot as theyre so comfortable and practice, plus they go with jeans or a skirt. They're from Yours in the UK, think they cost about £35.00, and I highly recommend them. I took the pic on the way to Amsterdam on the train today to visit one of my favourite shoe shops (Big Shoe) which was sadly closed. So I consoled myself with a good walk around seeing the sights in the sunshine and a decent lunch instead...

image1.jpeg

• Like 6

@KneeBooted - good luck in the new position. Hope you ease into a good position there that allows you some shoe freedom!

@Jura - you are right, surprising indeed that that industry is not as open as one would think. Sounds like you have found your own rhythm though, so good on ya. Nice booties too, by the way!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jura said:

Like many others here I don't work in an office environment, and though I wear heels at work as much as I can, it isn't always possible. I drive rock bands on tour all over Europe in a sleeper bus and, much as you'd think that lifestyle would lead to a fairly open minded crowd where it comes to fashion choices, that sadly isn't the case most of the time. So my high heeling at work is limited to either when I have an empty bus, in which case I'm often in a skirt and heels, or when everyone has gone to bed (we travel overnight between shows mostly), in which case I'm limited to just shoes that I can change quickly if needs be. Wish that wasn't the case, but it's a small industry, and drivers who are known to be a bit 'odd' don't tend to get much work. 

Now I can and have driven my bus in some fairly extreme heels, 6" flat sole stilettos and higher with platforms, and it's perfectly safe and comfortable to do it due to the driving position on a bus, which sees you pushing down from above on the pedals, rather than down and along as you do in a car. But the discomfort comes not from the feet but from your backside, as your feet are sitting higher off the floor all of your body weight is taken by your arse, which on a long journey becomes pretty numb. So most of the time I stick to a 4" heel maximum, which makes me and my arse happy. 

Heres a pic of my 'go too' heels, I find myself wearing these a lot as theyre so comfortable and practice, plus they go with jeans or a skirt. They're from Yours in the UK, think they cost about £35.00, and I highly recommend them. I took the pic on the way to Amsterdam on the train today to visit one of my favourite shoe shops (Big Shoe) which was sadly closed. So I consoled myself with a good walk around seeing the sights in the sunshine and a decent lunch instead...

image1.jpeg

That is an awesome look!!!!  To bad you can't wear your style to work everyday, maybe at some point!!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I was rather pleased with it too. Up top I just had a plain black t-shirt with an unbuttoned burgundy long sleeved shirt over that. Still fighting to loose the belly so I can show a trim waistline, but I'm getting there slowly...