Sizing in different styles?

swedeheeler

Hi.

Just got a pair oxies in my mail, from same vendor and same size as a other shoe pair.

The other pair was ankle boots. Fitted perfect. Those oxies feeled like they was too small.

The question is: Do the size differ between styles?

Edited by swedeheeler

Learning that a size 9 with one manufacturer is not the same as a size by another, or even different models from the same manufacturer is what makes online shopping for heels so incredibly frustrating. Sometimes it feels like they want to make life for us difficult.

And god help you if you order anything off Aliexpress, because sometimes I think not even the Chinese understand their own sizing system.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:32 PM, swedeheeler said:

Ok. Thank you guys :)

I will compare both pairs back to back and check how much they differ to each other.

Yeah there’s definitely size differences in styles, I’m normally a uk 5 but have been known to wear anything from a 4 to a 7 depending on style, slip on court shoes need a 4 to keep them on my feet where as a long boot without a zip could easily be a 7 just to get my feet into them even if they’re the same brand 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 6:15 PM, Chorlini said:

And god help you if you order anything off Aliexpress, because sometimes I think not even the Chinese understand their own sizing system.

All too true, it seems!   If you look at almost any Chinese shoe seller's website, it will usually quote Eu sizes but also give the intended foot length.   Generally, the Eu size is overstated by several numbers in comparison with the stated length, so it is safer to go by the length if ordering - assuming that the length has been stated accurately of course.   So, likely to be somewhat of a gamble!

I don't speak from much experience in ordering from China, but my one recent purchase proved the above.   A pair of flat sandals I bought (through Amazon) only had lengths quoted up to UK11 (said to be 11.4" - a good 0.6" too short for a true UK11) but the size increments suggested that the Eu52 (the largest size available!) would be about 12.1" and this proved correct and an almost perfect fit for length, if still a tad narrow.   

On the same point, why is it that often a supplier will say that a particular shoe '... comes up small, so please order one size larger'?   Honest and helpful, but surely it would make more sense for the outlet to re-size the shoes, in its adverts at least, if not also on the shoe itself?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

All too true, it seems!   If you look at almost any Chinese shoe seller's website, it will usually quote Eu sizes but also give the intended foot length.   Generally, the Eu size is overstated by several numbers in comparison with the stated length, so it is safer to go by the length if ordering - assuming that the length has been stated accurately of course.   So, likely to be somewhat of a gamble!

I don't speak from much experience in ordering from China, but my one recent purchase proved the above.   A pair of flat sandals I bought (through Amazon) only had lengths quoted up to UK11 (said to be 11.4" - a good 0.6" too short for a true UK11) but the size increments suggested that the Eu52 (the largest size available!) would be about 12.1" and this proved correct and an almost perfect fit for length, if still a tad narrow.   

On the same point, why is it that often a supplier will say that a particular shoe '... comes up small, so please order one size larger'?   Honest and helpful, but surely it would make more sense for the outlet to re-size the shoes, in its adverts at least, if not also on the shoe itself?

Because they have already labeled the shoe and don't want to relabel them. Also sometimes the material shrinks after cutting and they didn't take that into consideration.  It is also know as poor quality control.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Puffer said:

I have only ordered one pair of shoes directly from China. They are a Zanotti knock-off--ahem, reproduction--of a peep toe mule I'd been wanting for a long time, but was unwilling to pay that kind of coin for something of that nature. The Chinese version wasn't super cheap, either. I don't remember what I paid for them, but it wasn't like 25 bucks. I figured they were a step above in the quality department for that reason.

As it turns out, they do look very nice for the price, except for one problem: The size 40 I ordered, which is one size larger than I would normally wear in a sandal, and so ordered on the strength of the hard measurements they provided, fits perfectly in every way, but when they finally arrived, it turns out that they are really like a size 42! But a 42 for somebody with freakishly long toes. My arch matches the curve of the shoe exactly, my heel stops just perfectly where it should (always tricky with a mule), but then there's this extra 1.5+ cm of shoe past the end of my toes. What is up with that? It was very disappointing. Zanotti.JPG.296d527d146d2613563d79bb25ac0722.JPG

I just had a similar experience with a Chinese company that markets shoes on Amazon  called Sunetedance. I ordered a pair of green patent, chunky heel pumps in my normal size 11. I bought other shoes from other Chinese manufacturers and had no sizing problems. When the shoes came they were so small, I couldn't even get my foot in the shoe. They were nice looking shoes, so I tried to return them for a larger size. They wanted me to send a picture of the shoe on my foot. I told them their sizing was way off. They offered me a larger size for an additional $15.00 charge and I wouldn't have to send the pair that was too small back to them. I thought that was fair deal, until I posted a review of their shoes and their sizing problem. I only gave them 1 star. They responded to me that they would ship another pair to me for free if I would give them a better review. I took them up on that. I ordered a size 12.5. When I got them they fit perfect. Now I'm gonna update my review to maybe 3 or 4 stars, as the shoes are very comfy and I like the style and the color. I guess they were afraid with my one star review, that their sales would drop. LOL. The old story with the squeaky wheel holds true here!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 3

Bluejay, that shows the power of reviews. People do look at them and sellers do care about them (or they'll be out of business, well deserved!). Glad your story had a happy ending. Now you'll have shoes for St. Patrick's Day next year! LOL

Steve