Weirdest thing

Heeleddude

So I just got a new pair of booties. Was very excited to get them, but when I put them on I felt nothing. And that’s the weirdest thing. Usually when I get new heels, I don’t want to take them off for weeks, but this time I just took them off and sent them back. It’s the second time this has happened. I think I’m done with heels? Weird, because they’ve been part of my life for so long...

Anybody with a similar experience?

Check my site: www.incredibleheels.com

Maybe you are cured :spin2:

Seriously though …  why worry - just go with the flow... if you see it doesn't interest you anymore, then proceed accordingly (and let me know in advance of the sale 8-))
I have gone through periods where heels do not interest me.... so just see how it goes.

Heeleddude : I have never had a feeling like that. In fact, If I see a woman wearing a hot pair of high heels, and I do not have a pair like them, it up sets me. 

When I order a new pair of high heels, I gust want to order more. Weird because I have so many I do not need more. In closing, Are you going to give up

your avatar now ? Where will you go from here ?  spikesmikeDSCF5269.thumb.JPG.28861d387374bc2268da690cbaf2cf46.JPG 

• Like 1

If a pair doesn’t work for you when you put them on do not feel bad about returning them. Stuffing them into the back of the closet to be forgotten about is a waste of money.

• Like 3

(formerly known as "JimC")

Thanks for the replies. Think I’ll just try again and order some other ones. If it’s the same again, I think I’ll let it go for a while. Maybe the love for heels will come back, maybe it won’t or maybe it has evolved and I just need to figure out into what it has evolved. 

• Like 1

Check my site: www.incredibleheels.com

I have experienced a similar feeling over the years. I think that perhaps it's more how women think about high heels. Yeah, they may like them, but it's so normal for them that they don't get all excited to the point that they wear a new pair "for weeks." I think this may be a question for @JeffB. He seems perfectly content to wear flats, especially during sandal season. I personally have gotten over the feeling that I need to wear heels every second I have the chance. Don't get me wrong, you will rarely catch me out in public in flats unless there's a very good reason, but I no longer wear heels to do yardwork, for example. I think it's normal to be cool to heels sometimes.

• Like 1

I think it’s all about the person, his desires, and how he reacts to said desires. Regarding the situation with Heeleddude, perhaps he had cooled on the boots he ordered after an initial feeling of euphoria about them and decided they weren’t for him. Another explanation would be having “evolved” beyond having to wear heels ALL the time, that was the case with me as I came to first appreciate, then love wearing flats, be they loafers and especially sandals in spring and summer. However, I’ll still break out the heels when a particular outfit calls for them, otherwise, I go with the flow and whatever shoes I think will look good on me. And if those shoes happen to be flats, hey, so much the better.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

First, there's and ebb and flow to everything. I know that I don't get excited by getting new shoes like I once did any more.  I still shoe shop once or twice a month and enjoying it. But with over 50 pairs I find it hard to wear what I have, and I'm a heels most the time. Maybe you have evolved to where this is now normal.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with JeffB , in that i too don't need or want to be in heels every waking moment , but i do really like getting dressed up in my best attire , skirts , dresses,heelswhen i go out on a night out , i suppose a lot like most women do , not heels all the time but for special occasions , then the heels are special 

It has to do with the occasion and desire you want to covet from someone you seen be it magazine walking along the street etc... 

If you buy a parka in the summer there is no desire to wear it, even find it silly to be thinking of such things. When you see others wearing what catches your eye in some lovely heels your brain gets stimulated even desire to wear them yourself. Motivations lust on the way you see yourself wanting to wear it.

Another factor lack of confidence that you can't look as good as you seen others in the same boots, shoes. This makes us take second look finding whatever we intially bought not as we visualized it purchasing it initially.

Many people i've talked to collected or bought items and thought to ourselves how the heck we thought this was a good idea at the time. Later just collecting dust in the closet never returned or worn ever. 

Blame store mirrors and lighting thinking at the time these pants colour looks great and fits me fine. Once you get home you feel terrible buying such  item and want to return it only finding it was final sale non returnable. Look on brightside at least you got your money back.