2019 Fall Boot Guide

KneeBooted

Well, it appears there is already a fall guide out for 2019.

I didn’t get through the entire gallery, but I must say that of what I did scroll through, only a couple really caught my eye that I liked.

It’s weird that it is barely spring time yet and we are already discussing the fall season, lol.

Feel free to have a look for yourself:

https://footwearnews.com/gallery/fall-2019-boot-trends-photos/

• Like 3

Whilst it seems premature to be seeing this as the snow has barely left and the ground just thawed out in many northern locations I nevertheless think it is on time. One has to consider the design time, plans to get it to manufacturing, and then the staging at the different fashion shows. This seems about right for an item which could be on store shelves in about 120 days or so. These shows are designed to create a buzz. The more buzz the more likely something on the runway will make it to a retail store.

The OTK green boots were seriously sexy but most of the rest did not peak my interest. I saw some truly hideous designs in here.  HinH

• Like 2

Mostly hideous.

Why do footwear designers persist in putting a slim heel right at the back where it unbalances both the shoe and wearer. It should be under the centre of the wearer's heel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Whilst it seems premature to be seeing this as the snow has barely left and the ground just thawed out in many northern locations I nevertheless think it is on time. One has to consider the design time, plans to get it to manufacturing, and then the staging at the different fashion shows. This seems about right for an item which could be on store shelves in about 120 days or so. These shows are designed to create a buzz. The more buzz the more likely something on the runway will make it to a retail store.

The OTK green boots were seriously sexy but most of the rest did not peak my interest. I saw some truly hideous designs in here.  HinH

Yeah, looks like those designers had a late night out with drugs and booze....

• Like 1

The 2019 fall fashion trends post was ok for nothing more than to look at and dream. Most of us here will never spend that kind of money on a pair of boots due to either not being financially able or common sense. What would be of better use would be a fashion report of what the average retail stores have to offer.....stores such as dsw,rack room shoes,your big anchor stores at your local mall, and others that sell to the average person and not the rich. Very seldom will you see any of the styles that were in the 2019 fall report being worn on a daily basis. The old Sears catalogs of many years ago,was a good indicator of what kind of styles you would see on the streets....too bad that they are no more.

• Like 1

I love chasing dreams.  Trends and concepts from the collections make their way down to us.  These are not inaccessible brands.  I own pieces with these labels.  No, I did not pay even the anchor store prices - Last Call and Nordstrom Rack are amazing places.  Also, the brands that are followers will watch the market reception and produce cheaper knockoffs.  It’s fun watching it all unfold, and in the process picking up nice looking pieces that may have been overlooked by the average person.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed the pictures and would wear some of the styles (besides the price tag and the fashion trendness)

Anyway, can someone say, without looking to clothes/boots, if the persons on this photo are guys or girls? They look awesome, I'd wear what they're wearing, both.

fall-2019-boot-guide_10114234ao.jpg?w=68

• Like 1

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I agree with the general sentiment. Mostly ranging from uninspiring to hideous... :sad:

I prefer boots to be classical and timeless and hence, not subject to the same expectations of contemporary fashion. I'm also a minimalist. It should be about the boots and they should highlight themselves through style and simplicity. They should not require garish designs and tacky add-ons to get attention!!! :giggle:

These ones did get my attention, though... :cheeky:

935848528_fall-2019-complete-boot-guide_10123891at(3).thumb.jpg.522c7ed165e08ae1295fb1791006ea38.jpg

Edited by BootsOnly
  • Like 2