Negative terms that create problems

I think language is very important and it appears to evolve at a rapid pace. I haven’t been on the forum for a long time and things have changed massively for me personally and I believe in society since I was last here.

it is far more acceptable I believe now for anyone presenting as male to wear heels, the battle is being won.

i do agree though that the goal is to be at a point where anyone can where what ever they personally chose and “acceptance” should not be a debate.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:35 AM, Foxyheels said:

I think language is very important and it appears to evolve at a rapid pace. I haven’t been on the forum for a long time and things have changed massively for me personally and I believe in society since I was last here.

it is far more acceptable I believe now for anyone presenting as male to wear heels, the battle is being won.

i do agree though that the goal is to be at a point where anyone can where what ever they personally chose and “acceptance” should not be a debate.

Ain't no question that things has changed in the last decade. I've been publicly heeling for 7 years, and I haven't gotten any grief by the general public for several years now. Of course, I live in a small town, and perhaps everyone is just used to me now.

Think it has a lot to do with social media and smart phones. 

People are so preoccupied with that life they don’t notice anyone surrounding them. 

Before people were bored took photos of there surroundings or people they found funny. Now it’s all about there social media friends and constant communication between them. So when individual goes shopping alone they have there friends text away never feeling alone and topics of discussion are endless. 

None noticed guy in heels walking by unless they are bumping into each other from there heads buried on there phone screens. 

Have female friend standing no more no more twenty feet in front of her she didn’t notice me later was leaving. My outfit was outlandish in colour yet no reaction. She was distracted on her phone and thinking what to write next. Even took a picture of her sending it to her . Her reaction OMG! Busy Sexting.  

Her husband noticed her driving next car lane pulling up beside her. She didn’t respond while him laughing video recorded her singing in the car, radio loud with windows open. Oblivious of others surrounding her. 

So people are distracted and involved in there life much deeper then in the past. 

Guess it works for us heel wearing males also. Oblivious of others mocking us and endless intrigue of social media like minded friends. We then have no opinion on people’s reactions to our outfits. Only because we don’t pay anyone attention caring only selective group of people we associate with. Makes wearing any outfit so much easier, 

Edited by MackyHeels

I had a strange experience last weekend.  I traveled to visit my wife’s sister and her husband in North Carolina for the weekend. Got an early start home on Monday morning.  I stopped to refuel once I crossed into South Carolina, as the price of gasoline is quite a bit cheaper.  After filling up, I walked into the store to pay for my gasoline and get a cup of coffee.  I was casually dressed, wearing a golf polo type shirt and a pair of cargo style pants and a pair of black Penny style loafers with 4” heels, my usual way of dressing.  I walked over to the coffee service, fixed my coffee and went to the counter to pay for my purchases.  The lady at the cash register took  my money and gave me a large ration of grief about being a middle aged guy wearing woman’s shoes as she handed me change.  I was startled by her reaction to my shoes.  But then I took a good look at this gal (she was female) and started laughing.  She looked like she weighed over 250 Lbs, was wearing a mans sport shirt a pair of farmers bib overalls and sporting a chin beard.  I accepted my change, walked out to my car and I am sure she could see me laughing my self silly as I drove away.  Some things you just can’t make up.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I prob would not have kept my mouth shut.    Especially to someone who would one there mouth when they apparently have never looked in the mirror   

Yes but what can you say to someone like that? And to what purpose? It won’t enlighten her and it would only make you sound defensive. Laughter was just the right note there, me thinks. 

I'd file that experience in the mental round file and move on. Not worth dwelling on to be honest.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

17 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

I had a strange experience last weekend.  I traveled to visit my wife’s sister and her husband in North Carolina for the weekend. Got an early start home on Monday morning.  I stopped to refuel once I crossed into South Carolina, as the price of gasoline is quite a bit cheaper.  After filling up, I walked into the store to pay for my gasoline and get a cup of coffee.  I was casually dressed, wearing a golf polo type shirt and a pair of cargo style pants and a pair of black Penny style loafers with 4” heels, my usual way of dressing.  I walked over to the coffee service, fixed my coffee and went to the counter to pay for my purchases.  The lady at the cash register took  my money and gave me a large ration of grief about being a middle aged guy wearing woman’s shoes as she handed me change.  I was startled by her reaction to my shoes.  But then I took a good look at this gal (she was female) and started laughing.  She looked like she weighed over 250 Lbs, was wearing a mans sport shirt a pair of farmers bib overalls and sporting a chin beard.  I accepted my change, walked out to my car and I am sure she could see me laughing my self silly as I drove away.  Some things you just can’t make up.   

Perfect

• Like 1