I Went Shopping and Look What I Bought

Mr. X

I am actually suprised we don't have one of these yet.  We Have a thread elsewhere for shoes and boots that we have bought.  I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for other things fashion related that we have purchased.  It could be a new piece of clothing.  Or how about a new bag, or piece of jewellery that we have bought.  Something that is not shoes or boots, but that will most likely be worn in conjunction with them.  Anyone male or female can participate.  I'll get us started.

Here is a couple of bags I purchased recently.  One is a black Aldo brand crossbody bag.  The other is a purple Grace Adele brand handbag.  I have already used the purple one on some outings.  And I will no doubt be using the other one as well

20190313_220507 (499x640).jpg

20190313_220557 (480x640).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2019 at 3:56 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Very nice Mr. X. Curious what you paired the purple bag with, black of course goes everywhere. A bag appears in some of my gallery photos and I know other members have posted some as well. HinH

The most recent outfit in Mr. X's Travels will answer exactly that

Mr. X: If I ever find a purple handbag in my travels, I will most definitely buy it!  :giggle:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 3/18/2019 at 9:30 PM, Mr. X said:

You won't regret it!

I carried a purple cross body bag, for years. I carry it when I'm wearing a purple ensemble. Purple is a nice color. In fact it's my wife's favorite color. I have many pieces of clothing and heels in purple color, both men's and women's. My pride and joy is my purple men's blazer. When I wear that coat, I always get compliments from both the ladies and men. I even wear purple nail polish on my little pinkies. So guys don't be afraid to wear purple.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my latest acquisition.  It is another handbag.  The brand is Aldo.  It is black with plenty of lace like detailing and cutouts all over the front and sides.  It is just the right size and has plenty of room inside.  It is in mint condition for a second hand purchase.  And the best part is I paid $15!

20190403_220648 (479x640).jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

bags are almost like shoes.... you can never have too many.

I couldn't agree more! I love the heft of a full bag on my shoulder, and I absolutely NEVER leave the house on an outing without one. And yes, more often than not, I make sure my bag matches my shoes. Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Here is my latest purchase.  And I'll tell you how it came to be.  I was flipping through the guide on my tv and noticed that the show Jessie was on.  Now the show itself is your typical Disney Channel kids show that ran for roughly 4 seasons and is now on in reruns.  Not the kind of show any of us would watch on a regular basis, if at all!  But fashion wise it is the exact oppisite!  I have seen bits and pieces of the show and it is a feast for the fashion freestylers eyes.

The show stars actress Debby Ryan who plays a live in nanny to 4 children of rich parents.  The parents are hollywood types and are very rarely on the show as they are usually away on business.  But when they are on the show the mother played by Christina Moore is always dressed up in some kind of dress and heels.  Her daughter played by Peyton Roi List is tween age on the show and is dressed more conservatively, but still stylish!  And Debby is on screen alot and is always wearing something stylish which usually includes a nice pair of heels.

So being curious I turned to the show for a bit to see if there was anything good fashion wise.  Sure enough Debby was on and she was wearing a very stylish outfit which included heels and a very nice red blazer.  Almost all of my jackets and coats are black or some other neutral color.  But that red blazer looked really sharp!  I knew right then and there that I had to have one.  So the search began!

Today was my lucky day!  I was in a thrift store and found 2 red blazers that may have fit the bill.  I tried the first one on and It was too big!  I was swimming in it.  I tried the second one on and bingo!  The cut and fit were perfect and it was in mint shape.  It fit like a glove, and looked amazing!  I knew I was buying it but the $6 price tag made my deciision even easier.

The blazer itself is made by Streetwear Society and it has a leopard print lining inside.  As I siaid earlier, it looks amazing!  It  has a very slimming effect on me.  And I already have some Ideas on what to wear it with.  But I will still glady take suggestions from everyone here.  I will be wearing it out the first chance I get!

20190515_1408252.jpg

Edited by Mr. X

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...