Men as men but in heels

Pierre1961

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I wouldn't say so - there is no more connection between men wearing heels and wanting to wear skirts, than there is between wearing heels and being gay. 

But a man who wears (or aspires to wear) heels may well do so because they are (to him) essentially feminine and he obtains some pleasure from that, quite aside from the other physical or aesthetic attractions of being in heels.   Ditto for a man wearing a skirt, or anything else conventionally female.   That is a different issue from making a connection between heels and skirts as such.

6 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

And yet that is what goes on a lot at H4M - as I recall there is one particular thread consisting mainly of that and almost nothing else.

Exactly, and it may be a reason why H4M is not very successful, and possibly divisive.   But, equally, if that and similar content was not present, would the appeal of the forum as a whole diminish?   It ought not to, if there is a genuine wish to have a forum for 'men in heels', and not just 'heels'.

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I agree there is less acceptance for men in skirts than men in heels. As for synergies, I wouldn't say so - there is no more connection between men wearing heels and wanting to wear skirts, than there is between wearing heels and being gay.  I have absolutely no interest at all in wearing skirts or anything along that line. I like tall boots, with or without heels, simply for fashions sake. That is the total extent of my interest. 

I am more referring to external synergies than internal.  I looked around on men in skirts discussion groups to see if there is enough talk of heels to warrant participation and found that it is sparse - there is no direct association.  

But externally, any progress others make on acceptance of men in skirts is a win for men in heels I think, and vice versa.  It is about opening men’s minds beyond their generally narrow view of fashion, in general.  Some of us do this through different ways, whether it be heels or skirts, but I think we can still support each other in these individual ways towards the broader goal.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3

We all have different reasons for wearing what we wear.

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

But a man who wears (or aspires to wear) heels may well do so because they are (to him) essentially feminine and he obtains some pleasure from that, quite aside from the other physical or aesthetic attractions of being in heels.   Ditto for a man wearing a skirt, or anything else conventionally female.   That is a different issue from making a connection between heels and skirts as such.

I'm a non-posting, non-visiting member at H4M. I wear heels as a man.

But I also

- wear other items: socks, sweaters, tops, leggings, shorts, ... not to look like a woman but because they fit better or there are no male versions available.

- I paint my nails (pedicures and manicures), regular polish on my toes, gel on my fingers. It's not about trying to look feminine, I avoid reds/pinks, neons, for this reason. I wear polish because I like polish, always have, always will, and after a half century I finally gave myself permission to wear it.

- I sometimes wear makeup, not often, just once in a while when I think of it. Extremely light , mostly concealer and/or shadow.

But in it all I'm just a guy. I just happen to have high heels on and nail polish. 

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Puffer said:

This discussion seems to be going to the heart of what a 'heels for men' forum should be, and rightly so.   DWW (above) is suggesting that there should be a forum which has content relating solely to men wearing heels in otherwise male mode (dress, appearance and activity).   Fair enough, but I very much doubt that such a narrow topic will, by itself, sustain such a forum.   I am certainly not advocating a forum which supports significant adoption of conventionally feminine clothing, make-up etc by men (let alone cross-dressing, as usually understood), but where is the line to be drawn?   Many potential male heel-wearing members will also venture sometimes a little more widely into the realms of femininity, perhaps wearing (discreetly) women's footwear without high heels, women's jeans and blouses, leggings, stockings etc - some of which at least are arguably unisex or freestyle - whilst remaining firmly in male mode.   Skirts and full make-up are another matter - as has been said, forums for that exist elsewhere.

There is also the question of covering 'blokeish' topics that have little or nothing to do with men wearing heels, such as motoring, DIY, sport etc.   Why not, if it keeps some friendly exchanges going?   But I would question the inclusion of topics primarily relating to women and women's fashion, except where they are illustrating shoes etc that are of appeal and interest to men if worn by men.   In other words, no wholesale posting of pics of so-called celebrities simply because the poster likes them, or their clothing or activity - the forum should not be a fan club.

In my opinion, H4M has the right framework - BUT it needs more support and (if that doesn't conflict) more concentration on men in heels and male activity.   

I note that, in almost 10 years of membership, DWW has contributed a mere 33 posts to H4M.  No disrespect intended, but I'm sure that he could have done more there to foster the interest he has.    How about it? 

OK, I am surely guilty of ignoring H4M also, but it seems like there has been little activity there lately.   I just spent some time back there and looked harder, will get more involved....AT H4M, I go by "wetboot", so you will know it is me....Don

There is also another new site called "heelsville", but there is little activity there also...

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I see no relevance or connection between wearing heels and wearing skirts - they are very different things in my opinion. I see wearing skirts as a completely different ball game. 

I am basically a newcomer to this perspective of fashion, and I hope I am not drawing a shallow connection here.  The reason I am here is because “men’s” fashion is boring.  There is so much uniformity that men have lost aesthetic discernment.  They pick what to wear based on what everyone else is wearing.  

I am not saying that all men should want to wear skirts or heels.  We each select the pieces that are practical for our lifestyles and body.  I don’t wear sandals or any open toe shoes because it does not match my lifestyle, but I think men should have all those options available.  I think when we welcome tasteful expansion of men’s fashion options we are all supporting the same cause.  

Heels and skirts are relatively easy to physically wear and incorporate into men’s fashion and lifestyle.  But there are many mental barriers to men accessing the option, and I think most of those barriers are shared between heels and skirts.  They are made, marketed, and sold very widely in only women’s sizes and departments in stores.  There is unfair social association with cross dressing or oddness.  I think there is opportunity for general improvement in the way fashion is perceived by men and those who design for men.  It would be nice to progress to a point where we see heels displayed in men’s shoe departments, and nice kilts hanging with trousers on the rack like skirts do in women’s departments.  We’re not insisting you to wear one, but we should welcome having these options.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3

It is certainly true that the herd mentality rules as far as menswear goes, with nobody being keen to step out of bounds and, dare I say, women using their influence to keep things as they are. I wouldn’t say menswear is boring as such, but annoyingly limited in terms of colour palette. It is assumed that men should want and will wear only a few somber, sober shades. It is the lack of choice of colour I find the most irritating thing about men’s fashion. I like colour, especially interesting offbeat shades. I have never been afraid of it and would welcome a much wider range for men.

Shoes and boots I assign to a separate category altogether. I have never cared for men’s shoes, but have always worn boots - typically hiking boots - because .i think they look nicer and better express my style. Otherwise I have worn trainers and welcome their much broader colour palette. I have Converse sneakers in several pastel shades.

I have never hankered after women’s shoes.

I don’t find hiking boots boring or unexpressive, but I envy women the much greater choice of boot styles, both with and without heels, and in various heights. It is that which I adopt, nothing more.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mr Puffer, sadly I have got older, and if these type of sites were available say 30 years ago, my input would be totally different as it is I have done over a thousand inputs to this site. Yep I have meet people, been to a few healmeets and had a good time, but sadly things change and I know I am older than you, and I do not go out and challenge myself anymore, been there done that, so now I do my own thing I wear my heels daily and don't give a dam what anybody says and I do not have any problems. I remember first time finding this site (first one patenet letter if anybody remembers) and then I realised I am not the only guy in the world with my problem. Hope this quick answer fits in ok, Anyway back to the sixties, only jokeing.

• Like 2

life is not a rehearsal

I can certainly sympathize with the opinions expressed in this thread, even if I might push the boundaries somewhat further than just wearing heels. In general, I am just a guy in heels--no fingernail polish, no makeup, no skirts or dresses, no long hair (don't really have a choice about that, other than a wig =))))). In the summer, I do often sport shorts and heels, and my heels in general are less rugged looking than boots with block heels, but I consider myself fairly conservative compared to many members here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They just highest heel, not in production anymore. I think I got the last size 10 anywhere in grey. Search by ankle boot and highest heel use Google images and you'll find them.

Oops answered to the wrong. The boots in the home depot photo are also. Long out of production, bought them used on ebay, several yrs ago. 

8 hours ago, crotchhiguy said:

Check this out, I think that some outfits look quote good on him,although a few are too feminine to suit me.   modemuth.de

Interesting guy ! 

I also don't like all of them but you can't take away from him that he has style!

He also seems to have some nice looking boots and heels!