Hiding the hairs/tats with pantyhose/tights. Why so shiny?

Jura

So, I know I don't post here much, but I guess a few of you know that I like to wear skirts/shorts and heels a fair amount, which means I also wear hose/tights to go with them. For various reasons I can't really get away with shaving my legs very often and, much as I still love them, I also have a good amount of ink in my left leg, which doesn't work so well with sheer hose. 

I've found a couple of 'solutions' to this. One is to just wear opaque tights, usually black (is it just me or do brighter colours only work on a skinnier leg? I tried some yellow ones once and looked like Foghorn Leghorn!), and I find 80 denier upwards gives enough coverage to hid things from others, even though I can see the odd hair and all of the artwork myself. I do however, at least from my angle looking down, find that there's a bit of a 'shine' to them, whereas other people I see wearing similar look completely matte. 

The other thing that seems to work is to wear some 120 + denier nude hose, and then wear whatever colour hose over the top of those to give the shade I want. This works a treat, the thicker nude hose hiding the hairs and ink, and the top pair providing the shade. However these are even more shiny and, as you may have guessed by now, I'd rather have a matte look. 

So what to do? 

I'm thinking that option two is going to shine whatever I do, I guess that the combination of fibres just makes it like that. But why am I getting a shine with straight black opaques too? I notice a lot of pictures you see online of cross dressers (which I don't class myself as btw) seem to show a shiny rather than matte leg. Is this just down to photographic conditions, or is it how they really look? I'm happy to spend good money on good hosiery if that's what it takes, but I'm struggling to see how a £40 pair of Wolfords can be that much better than a £15 pair of Pretty Pollys? 

As always, any advice and comments gratefully received :cheeky:

Edited by Jura

17 hours ago, Heelster said:

Don't know if your aware of this, but Tech started a different website just for some of us that do get into legware - - 

https://legwearplace.org/

Same format etc, and it could use a wee bit more traffic.

Join some of us over there, and maybe we can help address the post !!!

Cheers, I'll do that when I get 5 minS ;) 

On 3/12/2019 at 6:09 PM, Heelster said:

Don't know if your aware of this, but Tech started a different website just for some of us that do get into legware - - 

https://legwearplace.org/

Same format etc, and it could use a wee bit more traffic.

Join some of us over there, and maybe we can help address the post !!!

Thanks for the recruiting effort, Heelster! It’s a bit quiet over there...

Logjam

• 4 weeks later...

To answer the original question....

I don't wear opaques or anything over 20 denier - mostly lower deniers but... hosiery is mostly the same in the sense that hosiery has two styles a matte finish and shine - rather like painting systems do for house paint I suppose.

A lot of hosiery - in fact most has a shine component because women like their legs to have a sheen to them - you can get matte stockings/pantyhose etc... but you must check the packaging carefully because they are much less common.

Personally I prefer matte - so all my stockings are generally matt barely black/dark grey.

The trick is the shine - some are ultra-shine or gloss, even in they state nothing be careful because they may still have a sheen.

Good department stores have the colours/shades on display with the hosiery brand so you can put your hand in the samples and see how the shade looks on you - look for these - usually on a chain on the display units for the brands - and see if they have a shine under the lights.

Hope this helps

• Like 1