Sign in to follow this  
Tech

Images over 500kb

Folks...

Image uploads are literally getting out of hand. Some of you are uploading images of 10mb! The most common seems to be in the 3mb to 8mb mark.

This is just insane and unsustainable. Any image over 500kb will be removed... Gradually.

I have a fast connection so large images don't worry me but they cost you money to store and those with poor connectivity will suffer long response times. I too get irritated when people email huge attached images without good reason. If you're sending email attachments from a phone then both Android and Iphone have an option to send smaller image files. I've not uploaded an image to here from my phone but I would expect the same facility to be available.

On my desktop I use Image Resizer for Windows, a free download, that allows you to resize images from the right click menu. or I use Irfanview. Similar tools must surely be available for Linux and Mac.

Tech, some forum software has an option to automatically resize images when they are uploaded. Is that possible here?

• Like 1