Trending story on Yahoo...

KneeBooted

Good morning from the West Coast. I am not sure if this is the correct forum, but most mornings I indulge myself on Yahoo need to see what those fine folks have out there.

This morning I was rather surprised to find an article that took note of the fact that someone famous was wearing boots... in the rain!

One of the fashionable and royal seeethearts from across the pond was spotted wearing some high heeled boots in the rain... I guess that is very odd in the UK?

Anyway, I guess there wasn’t much going on...

Here is the link: https://news.yahoo.com/kate-middleton-braves-rain-daringly-143921206.html;_ylt=AwrXoCE7BoBcrlAA3POZmolQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByM3V1YTVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Now in all fairness, it was brought over from a ‘footwear news’ website, but it was only the 5th story down...

She routinely wears all sorts of high heels so nothing exceptional about wearing those HH boots. In the rain or otherwise. Except that they don't look very waterproof.

There seems to be general ongoing admiration for how comfortable she is wearing heels.  When these pictures were taken, I remember people making a big deal of her bending and carrying children while in heels:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3807402/Let-s-hope-Queen-didn-t-Duchess-Cambridge-practices-parenting-technique-Canada-tour-saw-Prince-William-scolded-Majesty.html

Yeah, I too am tired of the Royals; besides, I never was much of a baseball fan anyway....   Smile, sf...  

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

8 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Am I the only one who is tired of the Royals?

Personally, I never tire of seeing Kate.  I find her to be one of the most attractive women and she wears heels not only very often, but with tremendous grace and style.  

I don't usually read that sort of publication but apparently the press are waging war on Meghan (Prince Harry's wife) at the moment. For no good reason other than to make mischief as far as I can see. One of the downsides of a free press but censorship would be far worse.

And Meghan is also often seen wearing HH and wearing them well.

I just wonder what’s going to happen to them when QE2 kicks the bucket.

A good thing for them that William seems sensible, or at least non-controversial enough to be the next monarch, if his father chooses to pass on the crown as expected.

Charles had awful moments, e.g. falling off a horse, and Camilla, to go with his good, and Harry had his Nazi costume party.

17 hours ago, alphax said:

I just wonder what’s going to happen to them when QE2 kicks the bucket.

A good thing for them that William seems sensible, or at least non-controversial enough to be the next monarch, if his father chooses to pass on the crown as expected.

Charles had awful moments, e.g. falling off a horse, and Camilla, to go with his good, and Harry had his Nazi costume party.

Charles will become Charles III. as is the royal tradition. Oh, you think you get to have a say in this? Ah ah, It's monarchy, not a republic. Personally I think Charles would have been a good monarch, he seems like a decent chap once he finally had the wife he loves. Elizabeth could and should have abdicated years ago. She's been ruling since the 1950's. In that Beatrix in the Netherland ascended to the throne in 1980 and already abdicated in 2013. And her son also made stupid mistakes and gaffs, his nickname in university was prince pilsner, and he turned out fine.