Fashionably Fun Collection #2

fashionablefun

5 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

This is pretty bold fashion, with the white and black, but I did wear the boots to a dermatologist appointment with two interesting comments. First, as I was entering the Doctor's office through underground parking, I noted a woman looking my direction as she got into her car. Before I made it to the entrance, she had turned her car around to pull up along side me and said something through the car window. I didn't quite make out what she said and  I swirled around on my heeled-white-booties to ask, "What's that?" She then repeated, "You look fabulous!" I thanked her profusely and headed into my appointment. 

In the dermatologist's office there were a few female helpers and interns all crowded around my chair during the simple treatment on my forehead. Just as we were finishing the dermatologist said "Your boots remind me of my new Tesla." I said, "In what way?" He replied, "All of the seating is in white leather"  "Cool", I said. 

The boots are a size 11, inexpensive footwear from Charlotte Russe, paired with ankle pants and Keith Haring T-shirt from, both from Uniglo and blazer from H&M, all male attire.  

White Sit.jpg

The outfit looks amazing! The Tesla comment stands out since I work for them lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

This is pretty bold fashion, with the white and black, but I did wear the boots to a dermatologist appointment with two interesting comments. First, as I was entering the Doctor's office through underground parking, I noted a woman looking my direction as she got into her car. Before I made it to the entrance, she had turned her car around to pull up along side me and said something through the car window. I didn't quite make out what she said and  I swirled around on my heeled-white-booties to ask, "What's that?" She then repeated, "You look fabulous!" I thanked her profusely and headed into my appointment. 

In the dermatologist's office there were a few female helpers and interns all crowded around my chair during the simple treatment on my forehead. Just as we were finishing the dermatologist said "Your boots remind me of my new Tesla." I said, "In what way?" He replied, "All of the seating is in white leather"  "Cool", I said. 

The boots are a size 11, inexpensive footwear from Charlotte Russe, paired with ankle pants and Keith Haring T-shirt from, both from Uniglo and blazer from H&M, all male attire.  

White Sit.jpg

Absolutely brilliant mate, keep it up mate, you look fantastic and love those white ankle boots 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 6:54 PM, fashionablefun said:

Here's a different shot of the same posted in another thread, of my Aldo boots, Alendadia model, size 11. I've worn these a lot, including when I"m out together with my wife and at the class I teach at University. When paired with appropriate fashionable clothes, they garner no comment. 

Al Hi.jpg

Perfect outfit for sure buddy, I am so envious.  You have taken care of you long/lean figure and deserve all the benefits for sure....No one may actually comment, but they surely do notice...I will look for those Aldo boots....

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 3:18 AM, maninboots said:

Absolutely brilliant mate, keep it up mate, you look fantastic and love those white ankle boots 

Another home run outfit..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

I've got a few flat knee high boots, but I've only got a couple with a heel. I like these a lot. I like that they are wide around the ankle. They are Vince (Camuto), size 10. I'm typically an 11, but occasionally a 10 will work. 

It''s a bold look with shorts, which I've only worn a few times. Once to a paint store, where a woman complimented me on the boots, in the midst of talking about house paint options. Another occasion walking through the parking lot to an office supply store a woman glanced down and gave me a broad smile without comment. I'm much more likely to wear with pants however, shown here with men's clothes all from Zara. 

Vince Short.jpg

VInce Walk.jpg

Vince on Stool.jpg

Love the boots and love the way you’re styling them, i would happily wear any of those combinations any time any where 

• Like 1

One of the reasons I have a difficult time posting photos, is because I'm so discriminating about the photo itself. I just can't shoot an iPhone pic of myself in a mirror. I'm a creative director at an ad agency and I hire photographers all the time, which makes me too picky. I have to pull out my DSLR, a tripod and set up delayed shutter -- it's just a lot of work. However, I"m going to shoot some more photos of my collection nonetheless. "Watch this space", as they say.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fashionablefun said:

One of the reasons I have a difficult time posting photos, is because I'm so discriminating about the photo itself. I just can't shoot an iPhone pic of myself in a mirror. I'm a creative director at an ad agency and I hire photographers all the time, which makes me too picky. I have to pull out my DSLR, a tripod and set up delayed shutter -- it's just a lot of work. However, I"m going to shoot some more photos of my collection nonetheless. "Watch this space", as they say.  

I’m the same. I’m a professional photographer and simply can’t shoot any old thing and call it good enough. I shoot images of myself for a particular project I am working on and it becomes quite a production with tripod, DSLR and intervalometer and in an uncontrolled environment. Many takes and much scrutiny in between. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I’m the same. I’m a professional photographer and simply can’t shoot any old thing and call it good enough. I shoot images of myself for a particular project I am working on and it becomes quite a production with tripod, DSLR and intervalometer and in an uncontrolled environment. Many takes and much scrutiny in between. 

I can certainly understand that perspective. I am not a professional photographer, but I used to be rather picky about how the photos I posted looked. However, I've gotten over it somewhat, as you can see by looking at any of my recent posts. I really should find a better way to take pictures of my shoes/outfits, but I also feel that I just don't want to spend that much time on what I still perceive as silliness--taking pictures of my damn self. I should be practicing the tuba or something. So for now, it will continue to be in a mirror with a phone, and you will continue to see the kitchen sink drain pipe in the background of pictures of my new shoes. Your photos look fantastic, by the way.

You guys worry to much. You are supposed to post pics like many young women do. You know, bedroom pics with dirty underwear and clothing strewn all over plus dirty dishes and take out boxes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/20/2020 at 8:17 PM, fashionablefun said:

I've got a few flat knee high boots, but I've only got a couple with a heel. I like these a lot. I like that they are wide around the ankle. They are Vince (Camuto), size 10. I'm typically an 11, but occasionally a 10 will work. 

It''s a bold look with shorts, which I've only worn a few times. Once to a paint store, where a woman complimented me on the boots, in the midst of talking about house paint options. Another occasion walking through the parking lot to an office supply store a woman glanced down and gave me a broad smile without comment. I'm much more likely to wear with pants however, shown here with men's clothes all from Zara. 

Vince Short.jpg

VInce Walk.jpg

Vince on Stool.jpg

Inspiring choice of cloths! Looks good!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 1:27 PM, fashionablefun said:

6 hours ago, Pumped said:

You guys worry to much. You are supposed to post pics like many young women do. You know, bedroom pics with dirty underwear and clothing strewn all over plus dirty dishes and take out boxes.

In most of the photos I post, I'm standing in front of a door. It's because I have set up a place I can just put my DSLR down with it's timer and take a picture before going off to work.  No tripod needed, no time setting up stuff or the "shot." And no mirror required.

I have been documenting parts of my life: what I wear, my finger nail art, toe nail art, and, of course, my heels. I don't know what I will be doing with this material yet. Lately I have been  taking pictures of my pants as I have been adding a few new styles to my wardrobe in an effort to show my heels and wear my knee highs on the outside. 

And at one point in my life I was a Marketing Director.

• Like 1

From my end, there's no profit motive in laboring for a pretty photo for distribution on hhplace.  So accepting the limits of a quick cell phone selfie or getting someone nearby to take a pic for me is sufficient.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:27 PM, fashionablefun said:

When I first joined HHP I would use mirror shots or a timer depending on what worked best for what I wanted to show.  Then I found r/malefashion, where mirror shots are forbidden.  I actually like that policy there, because the whole point of that sub is to experiment with fashion, and they want to encourage looks that people are willing to take to the public, and be able to see the details of what they are wearing.  With enough lighting and planning, iPhone pictures can be good enough for this purpose, but mirror shots in the bathroom don’t really work for fashion critique.  

On 1/20/2020 at 11:17 PM, fashionablefun said:

Vince Short.jpg

VInce Walk.jpg

Vince on Stool.jpg

Oh, wow! Those boots ARE sharp! And you look sharp in them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

Here's my latest purchase. Aldo, size 11. I've worn these shopping for new glasses (where I got a "I like your boots" comment) to the class I teach at the university, to restaurants and just about everywhere. I think, despite their pattern, that they are not terribly unusual looking. They remind me of snake skin cowboy boots. 

Snake.jpg

Snake Sit.jpg

Love those boots, i have some similar but with a stiletto heel and I’ve also had a few compliments when wearing them, must be that snake print everyone likes, you look fantastic though mate 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

Here's my latest purchase. Aldo, size 11. I've worn these shopping for new glasses (where I got a "I like your boots" comment) to the class I teach at the university, to restaurants and just about everywhere. I think, despite their pattern, that they are not terribly unusual looking. They remind me of snake skin cowboy boots.

Although there's a lot to like about that outfit, including the boots, I'm way more interested in that piano.

11 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Although there's a lot to like about that outfit, including the boots, I'm way more interested in that piano.

I was anticipating responses about the footwear or clothes, but not that. Specifically. what peaks your interest in the piano? 

13 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

I was anticipating responses about the footwear or clothes, but not that. Specifically. what peaks your interest in the piano? 

I am interested in any musical instrument, as I have a house full of them! What make is your piano, and do you personally play? Piano is not really my forte (ha ha), but I've got one anyway. Mine's an ancient Kimball 6' 3" grand that's in bad need of a rebuild.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:32 AM, mlroseplant said:

I am interested in any musical instrument, as I have a house full of them! What make is your piano, and do you personally play? Piano is not really my forte (ha ha), but I've got one anyway. Mine's an ancient Kimball 6' 3" grand that's in bad need of a rebuild.

The piano is a Weber, a nice, but not particularly expensive brand. I'm a life-long, adept guitar player, but just tinker around on the piano, though I'd like to get better. My daughter plays it well.