Fashionably Fun Collection #2

fashionablefun

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

I recently wore this exact outfit to the eye doctor, a diminutive but stylish woman, who couldn't be over 5 feet in height. She said, "Oh you shouldn't wear heels around me. I tell my 5'10" husband to always wear flats!" The comment made me wonder what her husband's non-flats were exactly. These are inexpensive boots from Forever 21., but fun for a lark. 

F21B.jpg

F21Bst.jpg

Nice looking boots and great outfit in general

• Like 2

On 3/5/2019 at 5:57 PM, fashionablefun said:

It's been about 10 years since I've posted a picture to HHPlace. I've read and rarely made a comment, but for some reason I decided to shoot some photos. I found my old thread.  But it's so old, it's been closed to comments. I don't any of those shoes anymore. I tend to change them out as fashion and my tastes progress. 

I bought some Jessica Simpson pumps at Nordstrom recently and wore them a number of places, including breakfast and lunch a couple fast casual restaurants and shopping at the mall between. Went into Dillards department store and checked out the shoe department. No comments from anybody this time and hardly any notice at all. 

I think that if your clothes are fashionably appropriate, you don't really look unnatural, despite the incongruity. I think that may account for the lack of notice and comments. As I was exciting the restaurant, I glanced at my reflection in the window as I strode to my car, much like the pose here. 

JS.jpg

JS Walking.jpg

Excellent work !

Tailored pants is the way to go because they keep your legs slender, which is harmonious with a slender high heeled shoe !

I love your pumps too - an open instep (half d'orsay) is a lovely variation.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:12 PM, fashionablefun said:

I recently wore this exact outfit to the eye doctor, a diminutive but stylish woman, who couldn't be over 5 feet in height. She said, "Oh you shouldn't wear heels around me. I tell my 5'10" husband to always wear flats!" The comment made me wonder what her husband's non-flats were exactly. These are inexpensive boots from Forever 21., but fun for a lark. 

F21B.jpg

F21Bst.jpg

Loving this look too!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
15 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

No one seemed to take any notice, despite the obvious display. 

Don't kid yourself people noticed, You just didn't notice them noticing you. I read the lips of a woman walking perpendicular to me the other day as she whispered "I love those heels" to her friend, but didn't say anything to me.

I imagine many women noticed your slim body, skinny legs and would then see your heels, but were too envious to say anything.

Edited by Cali

On 10/30/2019 at 5:38 PM, Cali said:

Don't kid yourself people noticed, You just didn't notice them noticing you. I read the lips of a woman walking perpendicular to me the other day as she whispered "I love those heels" to her friend, but didn't say anything to me.

I imagine many women noticed your slim body, skinny legs and would then see your heels, but were too envious to say anything.

I'm of the opinion that if your whole outfit looks good together, it's actually less noticeable, despite the gender mismatch in the footwear. 

1 hour ago, fashionablefun said:

I'm of the opinion that if your whole outfit looks good together, it's actually less noticeable, despite the gender mismatch in the footwear. 

I agree, I blend clothes from both sides of the store in my everyday wear. I rather wear what looks good and fits right than worry where in the store it came from.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 12:12 AM, fashionablefun said:

F21B.jpg

F21Bst.jpg

Fantastic outfit and lovely looking boots, right up my street that outfit 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 2:51 PM, fashionablefun said:

Here's the outfit I put together, inspired by a photo in another thread. I went both shopping for a new TV and also went to the mall, shopping for clothes and for lunch in the food court. I felt it looked good and was confident. No one seemed to take any notice, despite the obvious display. 

JS White2.jpg

JS White Sit.jpg

That outfit looks awesome, wish I had white pants like those...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I love the look of  those Jessica Simpson pumps with the white pants! I have the same pair of pumps & may have to "borrow" this look. Would white pants be appropriate for winter wear or wait till spring?

4 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

Here's a different shot of the same posted in another thread, of my Aldo boots, Alendadia model, size 11. I've worn these a lot, including when I"m out together with my wife and at the class I teach at University. When paired with appropriate fashionable clothes, they garner no comment. 

Al Hi.jpg

You do that quite well - there is no way that should cause any adverse comment and would go a long way towards making men in heels seem commonplace and quite acceptable. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 5:21 PM, chesterx said:

I love the look of  those Jessica Simpson pumps with the white pants! I have the same pair of pumps & may have to "borrow" this look. Would white pants be appropriate for winter wear or wait till spring?

The white pants outfit was actually inspired by a post (or a Pinterest collection) from @kneehighs

• Like 1

fashionablefun,

Since I joined in 2009 I find it interesting you have lurked that long without posting photos. I say that as I find you seem to have exquisite taste indeed. The pumps do look tasteful with that the pants. What are the pants made of?? I've had more interest in wearing pups with something other than jeans. Again thanks for ending the posting drought and quenching our thirst for heel photos! HinH

4 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

fashionablefun,

Since I joined in 2009 I find it interesting you have lurked that long without posting photos. I say that as I find you seem to have exquisite taste indeed. The pumps do look tasteful with that the pants. What are the pants made of?? I've had more interest in wearing pups with something other than jeans. Again thanks for ending the posting drought and quenching our thirst for heel photos! HinH

I know -- I quit posting photos for a long time. I joined in 2004, started posting photos in 2006 (see FashionableFun Collection #1) and then quit until recently. I do enjoy fashion in general and have had a long interest in female footwear which I incorporate into mostly male attire, albeit very trendy. Although I wear heels with jeans, I think heels often look more appropriate with slacks. I look at what females wear their with heels for inspiration. I shop a lot at Zara, Uniglo, H&M, Forever21 and Urban Outfitters. I prefer these inexpensive options, because I tend to change styles quickly. I'll post some more photos. Thanks for the encouragement. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

I'll post some more photos. Thanks for the encouragement. 

Please do! I love heels but I'm not fashion "aware" as to what outfits to pair with them. I've already gained some direction from your post.