Mixing styles

Pierre1961

None of the heelwearing men we came to know is gay. They simply love high heels and when their wives wear heels it is not enough for them.

And none of the gay men we know is wearing heels except for CSD. The stereotype picture of gay men is simply wrong in my opinion.

• Like 3

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

It comes from the misconception that 'GAY' means the man is 'effeminate'.  While this may be true in some cases, but is not true in most cases.  Then people make the false logic converse error, 'effeminate' mean 'GAY" and you add the misconception that 'wearing heels' is 'effeminate' and you see why.  People that know me know I am not gay nor effeminate but I just wear heels.

• Like 2

I get "accused" by my wife of mixing styles too often.  I'm not the "fashion plate' that she is, but I think I look nice when I go out.  Heels with denim pants or slacks and a nice looking collared shirt, nail polish and groomed hair.  I think I look fine, even tho some "style mixing" may be happening...  

Have fun......  With YOUR style....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 9/12/2021 at 2:47 PM, SF said:

I get "accused" by my wife of mixing styles too often.

My wife herself is mixing styles quite often, not always to my amusement ..... 😉

For example baggy pants and heels, i consider that as "strange". 🤓

1125147674_DSC_1243a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.e3ca1a218a6cf788c287e749b979eef0.JPG

1884711151_DSC_1255b_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.dfce48ed2bb93ac56d0e4efd791eae87.JPG

I may not prefer other's appareling choices and others may not care for my outfit ensembles, but isn't this the way individuality is meant to enrich the lives of those around them. When everyone wears the heels I prefer, any choices of other apparel would look great as far as I'm concerned. This is probably everyone's perspective, so enjoy and compliment or tolerate while enriching their life in continuing to wear your preferences.

Edited by Histiletto
  • Like 1

Most people don't want to be express individuality. They want to applauded by the group. Which in their mind usually means conformity. Which means white sneakers, or those accursed black combat boots, are now considered group approved expressions of 'individuality', while heels are either for slutting it up at the club or for when you really need to look at your best. And for that white sneakers and those black combat boots are now also approved footwear.

As for our gay brethren, it's no secret that I think that it only takes one clearly gay dude in heels to firmly entrench the stereotype in other people's minds that wearing heels is gay. And the more flaming gay, the worse the damage will be.

5 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Which means white sneakers, or those accursed black combat boots ..... And for that white sneakers and those black combat boots are now also approved footwear.

In my area it is only white sneakers (my youngest son just bought 2 pairs a few days ago). While the stores are full with black combat boots it seems nobody is wearing them, except for some goth people or Nazis. The shoe industry is pushing the black combat boots, but it does not work. Most people think a guy or girl in these boots is to far to the right politically.

Edited by Isolathor

3 hours ago, Isolathor said:

In my area it is only white sneakers (my youngest son just bought 2 pairs a few days ago). While the stores are full with black combat boots it seems nobody is wearing them, except for some goth people or Nazis. The shoe industry is pushing the black combat boots, but it does not work. Most people think a guy or girl in these boots is to far to the right politically.

Here its far more mixed. 65/35 in favor of sneakers, but so so SO many of the young students I see wear those accursed black boots. Even with short skirts and tights. It's like I'm back in the dark days of the Grunge 90's again. Maybe Germany is an exception to the rule because you guys see nazi's everywhere except where they really are, on the extreme left.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 8:02 AM, Isolathor said:

Yet another mix, but it was for a Mardi Gras event:

2106270346_P1020383a_Bildgrendern.thumb.jpg.2f0fd24f199e8e4c7370c917cda58fb4.jpg

Hmm, I've never been a fan of those heels or boots with long pointy noses. If only because they make the heels look lower.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chorlini said:

Hmm, I've never been a fan of those heels or boots with long pointy noses.

That was the fashion here around 2010 or so. Nowadays she wouldn´t wear these under any circumstances, so most of them already left.

• Like 1

Pointy toed shoes and boots.....  Only good for squash’in cockroaches in corners....  ha ha.....   sf

• Haha 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"