Mixing styles

Pierre1961

• 2 years later...

On 2/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, Pierre1961 said:

What do you think about mixing sporty outfits and heels? 

When she is in the mood she will even do her Zumba workout in heels .....

zumba01.thumb.jpg.b21a325eebae6296cba321d8cfea2b4a.jpg

• Like 4

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

• 2 months later...

Personally I'm all into casual styles with heels. Do it all the time. To me, my heels are not an item limited to the level of dress I am wearing. Heels look great on women and men in geans or shorts in my opinion. 

• Like 4

I wear my hoodie with jeans and heels a good deal of the time.  Also my hoodie with shorts and heels.  For example, yesterday I had my new 3.5 inseam velvet shorts with a hoodie and heels.

Today its a hoodie, mock turtleneck, skinny jeans, and wedges.  Chilly this morning.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Chorlini said:

I'll be sure to give it a try. I'm sure things like tree pose will become very interesting.

Don´t forget to take a picture and post it here! 👍

• Haha 1

As far as I'm concerned, any outfit with the wearer's preferred heels would look great, at least to them. 

leggings.thumb.jpg.21dfcac225c8f55bbeaf7f45f660897c.jpg

Check out these historical men's leggings. They aren't so difference from today's choices

Edited by Histiletto

1 hour ago, Histiletto said:

As far as I'm concerned, any outfit with the wearer's preferred heels would look great, at least to them. 

leggings.thumb.jpg.21dfcac225c8f55bbeaf7f45f660897c.jpg

Check out these historical men's leggings. They aren't so difference from today's choices

Back then it was the ladies who hid their legs under long dresses, and admired the men's legs in their tights. 

8 hours ago, 5150PLB1 said:

Back then it was the ladies who hid their legs under long dresses, and admired the men's legs in their tights. 

Indeed, the first U.S. President to wear long pants was John Quincy Adams, fully a quarter of the way into the nineteenth century. What the hell happened? I have no bones about wearing fairly short shorts, even with heels, but I am certainly not wearing anything other than long pants in a dressier, more formal setting.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:47 PM, Shyheels said:

Men also wore thigh boots back then as a matter of course

Indeed, trunk hose was mentioned in the Dress Codes book that I'm reading:

And this picture was provided as an example of it:

spacer.png

On 8/31/2021 at 8:43 PM, 5150PLB1 said:

When Ford describes this time period in this book I mentioned, he states that this is because in this time period, men were the pioneers of fashion, exploring new innovations in form-fitting clothing as a way of self-expression.  Women, on the other hand, were expected to be more modest, and continue wearing draped clothing (dresses, etc.) like what all people had been wearing for centuries (cloaks, togas, etc,)  And the dresses not only hid the legs, but also the feet and shoes.  Heels were men's fashion then.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

It was really following nature where it is always the male of the species that is the colourful one, while the female - weighted down with responsibilties of rearing young, were concerned more with camouflage and blending in.

Animals have no choice what to wear, but we as humans have that possibility. There might be a dress code due to Your occupation or due to social pressure. For women these days the unspoken dress code this time in my surrounding is white sneakers. While you see different types of other clothing items, womens shoes are 85% white sneakers.

The first time white snickers were in fashion was in the late 80 with Stan Smith sneakers. But it was more for the upper class.  
I can’t say if I like that style or not. It could have been fun if worn from time to time for a change and mixing styles. 
As nowadays 90 % male and female wear that,I am not far to hate them. And appalled by that lack of individuality 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Well, i wouldn't mind if 85% of the females would wear heels! 🥰

I wouldn't mind if 85% of men wore heels. I do my part, but .01% is not cutting it. I do think the number is closer to 5% with closet male heelers.

• Like 3

I have worn gals shoes (flat sandals) since I was a teen in high school, a long time ago.  I started wearing heels in 1995.  I have only once seen a guy in heels, that was several years ago, he was a stylist in a beauty salon.  

I get out a lot and live in the most populated state in the United States.  Pioneers take the arrows, it is a "lonely" life -- ha ha.  

I enjoy wearing heels and when folks notice, both guys and gals (mostly gals), I do get an occasional compliment.  And when shoe shopping, I have been told that quite a few guys do shop for / try on / purchase heels, but weather they wear in public is an entirely different story.  I guess it they keep it inside, a shame....   

Either way, enjoy your heels, have fun....   sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

In the last 5 years I have seen about 4 other men in heels. At the hometown boutique that I frequent. the manager tells me she has several men who buy heels. I just wonder if they get the same royal treatment I get.

It very rare that I don't wear heels in public.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Cali said:

In the last 5 years I have seen about 4 other men in heels. At the hometown boutique that I frequent. the manager tells me she has several men who buy heels. I just wonder if they get the same royal treatment I get.

It very rare that I don't wear heels in public.

They are on my list of places to visit along with a couple other shoe stores that are right in the shopping area there

We have come to know several heelwearing men in forum meetings and photo shootings. Some would do that in public, others only at home. We had one guy who was famous for his overknee boots pictures in forums, but it was always the same location, his balcony.

Other men would meet in Hamburg or Munich or Berlin (the only cities i know were that took place) and walk in public and post that in forums, but only in groups. I guess it takes a lot of courage to do that alone.

When it comes to buying heels i can say that i´ve bought them myself, but for my wife. I could not try these due to my much larger feet, maybe you get the looks only when trying them on for yourself.

Walking in heels alone isn’t so difficult. Only the first steps ,or more exactly take the decision to have those first steps,deeps some courage. The more you delay ,the more difficult it is. 

Then you have to be in your own wold. Bubble. No need to know if anyone is watching you .Go your own way. 

One regret: not easy to find a heel buddy from time to time. That would be funnier and easier. Then ,instead of having ppl wondering if you are gay,they will be sure you are. And if you are not,is it such a big deal? No matter what they think. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Walking in heels alone isn’t so difficult. Only the first steps ,or more exactly take the decision to have those first steps,deeps some courage. The more you delay ,the more difficult it is. 

Then you have to be in your own wold. Bubble. No need to know if anyone is watching you .Go your own way. 

One regret: not easy to find a heel buddy from time to time. That would be funnier and easier. Then ,instead of having ppl wondering if you are gay,they will be sure you are. And if you are not,is it such a big deal? No matter what they think. 

Spent most of my day today in heels.  The doctor, shopping, errands, and some quiet time at my fav coffee joint reading a book with others around.  No big deal.  If others around me thought I was homosexual, I care not, that will be their problem.  Being gay is not a requirement to wear high heels, at least not in my world.  Like Pierre said, "go your own way."  

And, wearing heels with another guy (or gal for that matter) is fun.  I have done it a few time with others from this site even.  It's fun to get together with like minded folks and "compare notes."  

Have fun all...   smile....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

A few weeks back i stopped at an inner city McDonald's. I walked in heels in full view as usual. Clerk, an african American stopped a bit short when he took my order. Then said, i love you heels, but then heard your voice and didn't know if should say anything. I put him at ease saying, i just love wearing heels. He grabbed a female coworker and said they were cute.  I told him it's OK, i thought they were too. She went crazy, said she loved them but couldn't wear such high heels as i lifted my leg to give a better profile view. I told them i have been wearing heels for 35 yrs. It was a fun encounter, but he must have initially assumed I was gay until he heard my voice and manner of speak. I believe he thought if I were gay it'd be easier to understand. I put him at ease but leads me to wonder something I always have. Why do so many homosexual men alter their speak? Not all but enough to stereotype. Homosexual women don't seem to, just curious. Not to upset anyone but it is still a bit odd.

• Like 5