Mixing styles

Pierre1961

I have no problem, but I've been accused of being dressed too casual for heels. Personally, you can't be too casual for heels. I long for the days when blue jeans and heels were the norm (1980's). Here is a picture from this morning at breakfast, waffle house, casual clothes, casual dinning and 5 inch heels.

20190222_065359.jpg

• Like 3

The Waffle House??  Waffle House rules, I wish there was one near me....  

Jeans and heels??  That's pretty much all I wear, maybe cargo pants.  When I wear heels I am usually in jeans, guys or gals, and wear a casual cotton shirt with a collar.  For me it is a nice look that goes well most all the time.  

As for sporty "stuff" it depends on the "stuff."  Your pic looks very nice, but had you been wearing baggy logo covered sweat pants - not so much.  Just my opinion....

Have fun....  sf

Edited by SF
  • Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Hey, I've been known to wear short shorts with mid-calf boots (to work), baggy (yes baggy) sweatpants with mules, therma-legging (with VSX logo) with wedges, ...

Live life, have fun.

Are those velvet leggings?

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Baggy logo. That's why I had a mixed feeling. Your opinion is very useful 

Well, there are too many variables in this question to answer definitely....But, in your case, you have pulled it off well.  The combination of feminine/masculine/sporty is a very powerful and alluring look indeed, especially when coupled with your nice legs....

• Thanks 1

So far,no idea. I was putting theses leggings on before taking my bike. I suddenly wondered what it could look like with these shoes. 

I don't feel like walking  publicy dressed that way . Too much for me. 

Ok with skinny jeans and block heels,even very high. But not these shoes. Not ready yet. 

Pierre 

4 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

So far,no idea. I was putting theses leggings on before taking my bike. I suddenly wondered what it could look like with these shoes. 

I don't feel like walking  publicy dressed that way . Too much for me. 

Ok with skinny jeans and block heels,even very high. But not these shoes. Not ready yet. 

Pierre 

Pierre, those great leggings look perfect for bike riding indeed....I understand you not being ready to rock the heels with the leggings, even though you look great.   So, put on a nice pair of Nikes with those leggings and give the neighborhood a show while you are riding your bike!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Around the house I mix athletic and heels all the time, but not outside.

I was out last week in black skinny Nike jogging trousers and tan heeled knee high boots, works pretty well to be honest 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, Pierre1961 said:

What do you think about mixing sporty outfits and heels? 

Personnelly a mixed feeling 

Pierre

IMG_0485.JPG

Pleeeeeease tell me where you got those awesome Oxfords, and I hope they're available in a 45! 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:06 AM, Pierre1961 said:

Pierre

IMG_0485.JPG

Oh hell - - I'm thinking leggings / Jeggings.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:06 AM, Pierre1961 said:

Pierre

IMG_0485.JPG

I kinda like the idea of mixing leggings, jeggings and / sporty outfits together with heels. I don't mind wearing either one of the three interchangeable with heels. to me it looks great. You look really good in that outfit and heels. :cheeky: I myself posted this image to the gallery wearing heels and leggings. What do you think heelster if you read this?

15 minutes ago, Heelster said:

Oh hell - - I'm thinking leggings / Jeggings.

Edited by heellover00
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, heellover00 said:

I kinda like the idea of mixing leggings, jeggings and / sporty outfits together with heels. I don't mind wearing either one of the three interchangeable with heels. to me it looks great. You look really good in that outfit and heels. :cheeky: I myself posted this image to the gallery wearing heels and leggings. What do you think heelster if you read this?

Yep - works great though I might not wear 'that' high of a platform casually out and about .

9 minutes ago, Heelster said:

Yep - works great though I might not wear 'that' high of a platform casually out and about .

I agree with you, I just wanted to post this pic with this outfit because I like the combination. I would never wear it out.

2 hours ago, Cali said:

Wimps....:giggle:

I would wear that out, that's tame by my standards.  I starting to wear leggings and yoga pants out with heels more and more.

You probably could in your world - - Me in the sticks  - - Oh hell no !!!

Even the women around these parts don't dress that well !

Edited by Heelster
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Heelster said:

Me in the sticks  - - Oh hell no !!!

All you need to do is create a world where you can too.  Simple - right?  I know it isn't.

I went to bank the other day just after hiking down a cliff to whale watch from the beach then back up. I still had my flat water shoes on, the woman greeting customers in the lobby asked me "where's your heels?"

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, Pierre1961 said:

Pierre

IMG_0485.JPG

I think the answer is not that easy.

The outfit looks fine for me, BUT I think this is related to a leggings and heels. A leggings is not a sport outfit only, it became to a normal outfit, which women can wear even as business dress with heels.

Think about a man who wears a leggings with buiness leather flats. I don't think that this would look nice.