My first pair of heels

TallanSexy

For sure, high heels are the footwear many males enjoy and prefer to wear, also. I use to think that males had a feminine side that caused this desire. Since then I have learned that heels actually started as male footwear that females desired to wear that was viewed as becoming more manly. So they are just another choice of apparel for our feet. It's the social attitude that has assigned who can wear what, that promotes the shame for wearing the apparel it didn't assign for you. The social assigning of apparel goes against people's natural ability to know what they personally want to wear. Apparel from lingerie to coats and from hats to shoes doesn't have any natural assignment as to who can choose to wear it. Anybody can wear the heels of the height, style, and type they have the taste and desire for and there certainly is an array of footwear selections.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Histiletto said:

For sure, high heels are the footwear many males enjoy and prefer to wear, also. I use to think that males had a feminine side that caused this desire. Since then I have learned that heels actually started as male footwear that females desired to wear that was viewed as becoming more manly. So they are just another choice of apparel for our feet. It's the social attitude that has assigned who can wear what, that promotes the shame for wearing the apparel it didn't assign for you. The social assigning of apparel goes against people's natural ability to know what they personally want to wear. Apparel from lingerie to coats and from hats to shoes doesn't have any natural assignment as to who can choose to wear it. Anybody can wear the heels of the height, style, and type they have the taste and desire for and there certainly is an array of footwear selections.  

Hello and welcome,

This is very true indeed, sadly enough many people do not actually see this as a thing. They are stuck in their head.

That is why we must show the world that we have different desires.

Have fun heeling around.

PS: Realy nice heels, I love them sadly enough was not able to find my size yet.

• Like 1

TallanSexy,

Welcome to our forum and a nice way to debut by posting a photo! I've been on this forum just about ten years now, tried on my first heels in 1971 and bought my first pair in 1978. I have been wearing them openly in more and more places for the last 15 years. As to the wants and desires and psychology of it all I believe "HiStiletto" above me here has explained it quite well. For some of us, including me, there is another facet to this and that is age. You reach a point where you have gathered enough life experience and just don't give a crap about what an anonymous stranger may think or say. One thing I have always hammered through is we all have a limited engagement on Earth so we should set about to enjoying the time we have here while possessing the health and finances to do it. Again, welcome aboard the heel train. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Welcome to the group.  I became fascinated with heels after seeing this statement in the 1965 Spring/Summer Alden's Catalog - "Her First Heels -Just a little bit higher to delight her,; low enough for healthful foot comfort."  I then tried a pair of my Mom's 6 1/2 size to be disappointed as too small.  I soon did find a pair of my Grandmother's quarter-strap open-toe 2 1/4" suede saddles from the early 1950's.  I was "delighted with the comfortable" feeling" they produced.  My junior high female peers were beginning to experience their first days wearing heels.  The sound, the silhouette, the altered movement, and the joy they seemed to have made me somewhat jealous.  I quickly outgrew my Grandmother's 8 1/2 size and for the next 5 years could only dream.  As a freshman in college, I made my first purchases via catalogs from Wards, Aldens and Penneys during that year. The first was a 1 1/8" black shiny pair of size 10M triple strap Mary-Janes.  I next ordered a pair of 2 7/8" white stiletto classic plain pumps in a size 11B.  I had never worn such a height on so small of heel imprint but found no problem with them as I had seen my peers years earlier.  Now 50+ years later, the collection is larger as also my foot size has increased to 12W/13M limiting  my choices but I can still move in them.  I have not yet made the first public excursion but there is still some hope.

• Like 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Jetheels.....  Wow, I read your story with fascination, your experience and evolution is almost identical to mine.  Since I can remember I have had an attraction to gals shoes, have no idea why.  Trying on grandmas and moms sandals, then off to college where I expanded my shoe collection, and began going in public in mostly flat sandals.  I remember seeing the gals my age wearing their attractive heels and sandals and wondering why can't I wear those too?  Twice as an early teen I was "caught" by my mom and grandma, they were worried and had some discussion with my doctor who did not seem to concerned.    

My college shopping experiences included Penny's, Sears, Payless, Quali Craft, Bakers and other independent shoe retailers.  I tried the "these are for mom" line a few times but gave that up and just took the shoes home.  Later I got enough courage to try the shoes on at the store.  One time I was trying on a pair of wedge sandals when the store associate saw me and kindly directed me to the mens section, telling me that I was trying on a ladies sandal.  Later I started wearing heels and never looked back..  It's been fun - to say the least...   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"