Ladies Jeans...

bambam

...are so firkin comfortable!! I just tried a pair I got off of amazon, and I couldn't believe how lite and pajama like they were. I let my gf try a pair of my Levi skinny jeans, and she couldn't believe how rough and 'rugged' they were, like I should be ready at a moments notice to wrangle a cow in the streets of LA. Only problem is, I don't have any shape, I'm just skinny, so the bulge in front is quite unsavory, otherwise my butt looks great from the back. 

Check the material composition of those jeans, that could be much of the difference.  Most “women” jeans have more elastane, like 40% or more.  The thing I like about “women” jeans is that they actually sit at the waist, so the seams and belt are nice and cozy there instead of rubbing against my hip bones.  Plus, it’s basically impossible to find “men” clothes for a 27” waist.  

• Like 1

We've had this discussion many times before, a lot of us here prefer the fit of women's jeans. I personally haven't worn "men's" jeans for years, and I am not unusual, especially among smaller men in the Western world. As an aside, I do really like how I can buy clothes off the rack here in Vietnam, and even if they don't fit quite right, there is a tailor at every shop to fix fit issues.

Edited by mlroseplant
Because I was lazy, and didn't read my post through before I clicked the "reply" button.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bambam said:

...are so firkin comfortable!! I just tried a pair I got off of amazon, and I couldn't believe how lite and pajama like they were. I let my gf try a pair of my Levi skinny jeans, and she couldn't believe how rough and 'rugged' they were, like I should be ready at a moments notice to wrangle a cow in the streets of LA. Only problem is, I don't have any shape, I'm just skinny, so the bulge in front is quite unsavory, otherwise my butt looks great from the back. 

I do like women’s jeans to be honest, I’m not tall but certainly not slim either but women’s jeans do give a much more fitted look and a longer jumper solves any unwanted problems, as a long boots wearer they are much easier to get on over jeans than men’s aswell as men’s jeans tend to be a lot thicker material, only down side is they never have any decent pockets to keep your wallet and keys, suppose that’s why women carry handbags lol 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maninboots said:

only down side is they never have any decent pockets to keep your wallet and keys,

I have a few women's jeans. They are softer than men's jeans and much more comfortable, but I NEED pockets. So I rarely wear them and only wear them when I have something else (like a vest) to carry my wallet, keys and phone. Some men's pants are coming out with more stretch, but they are not even close to being as soft.

20 minutes ago, Cali said:

I have a few women's jeans. They are softer than men's jeans and much more comfortable, but I NEED pockets. So I rarely wear them and only wear them when I have something else (like a vest) to carry my wallet, keys and phone. Some men's pants are coming out with more stretch, but they are not even close to being as soft.

I guess I don't have that problem. On the other hand, I don't buy super trendy women's jeans, and all of the jeans I have bought in the past 7 years have had actual, usable pockets! At least, enough for my needs, and I don't carry a handbag.

I have jeans from both Topshop and Topman. There is little difference and when I am wearing them I really couldn’t say, without looking, which one I had on. The Topshop jeans do tend to have smaller pockets, but they also have zip fly instead of button which I prefer. Both are nice jeans. I see them as interchangeable. 

I can't put anything in my back pockets, my body just can't take it. I have yet to find jeans with sufficient front pockets. I have many shorts with serviceable front pockets. I went a little crazy last year and got several styles and colors of short shorts in sizes 10 and 8 and men's 31-32. I'm not a fan of the capri pants they now sale as men's shorts. 

Edited by Cali

2 hours ago, Cali said:

I NEED pockets. So I rarely wear them and only wear them when I have something else (like a vest) to carry my wallet, keys and phone.

Due to business needs and frankly, just because, I've shrunk my wallet down drastically. I rarely carry more than two keys, and since my phone needs severe protection from work elements, I had to go with an Otter case. means I have no problem with women's jeans now. I do the vest option when I travel out of the country. It's a leather biker vest with pockets inside designed for personal protection needs, but the pockets are big enough for a passport.

Edited by Heelster
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, bambam said:

One of the reasons males who have the necessary equipment liking to show off can, wearing ladies skinny jeans. Sort of compare it to ladies with open cleavage showing there large breasts finding it sexy to being able to flaunt ones body shape legs, breasts, buttocks and yes males bulge. We all know woman are intrigued and wired liking to subtly looking at men's bulge regardless the pants we wear. Lot more fun and comfortable  for me in ladies jeans. The wide eyed smiles or subtle glances i gather encourages me more knowing other ladies find me initially disgusted jealous, envious, confused. Yet after closer inspection the same observing woman comment to themselves when staring upon me from a safe distance using the same words "it's huge" or "he's huge" . Only reading their lips while they stare stunned upon me many times.  While owning handful of men's jeans and everytime i wear them, thankful of my cache of woman jeans i wear on daily basis in size 26. Also most woman i see wanting to get better closer look get excited when i wear tighter jeans with shorter top gives them ample opportunities to subtly glance at my bulge.

Often when needed you can cover up for more modesty sake, ,so no excuses not to be wearing tight soft stretchy women jeans.

https://video.asos-media.com/products/ASOS/_media_/29d/29d4383c-7822-4f20-977c-dbdb2fe776c9.mp4

While many skinny woman wear leggings or skinny jeans often observe them wearing long top covering their backsides. Confuses me to no end asking myself why? Seeing they are slim and lean why not have your booty shown. Answer to that question is, know matter how fit or skinny woman are, they find there buttocks flat when viewed directly from behind. Only special few ladies with very plump buttocks can get away showing their backsides in skinny jeans or leggings. Depending on the design of the jeans the buttocks can become a pancake under the denim. lot to do with the denier weight of the fabric  or type of cotton used. Often find Japanese cotton is soft and forgiving contours you backside better AG Jeans does great job upon most of their designs. 

Edited by MackyHeels

I do not wear gals jeans so as to show off my “bulge” or anything else. I wear gals jeans ‘cause they are comfy and I enjoy wearing them.  But I do have to axe,   whatthef&@ckareyoutalkingabout??

Have fun...... I guess.....   sf

• Haha 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I have not bought mens jeans in quite some time. They are usually bootcut but I do have a few skinny jeans and most have decent pockets. If I want extra space then I just take along my handbag. One does have to pay attention to the length. I'll buy size 14Medium for daily wear but would buy a 16Long if wearing some tall (5"/12cm) heels. Then again you can just wear  skinny jeans and show the whole heel :fine: HappyinHeels

• Like 1

All of my jeans are from the ladies section from different brands like, H&M, forever 21 and American eagle outfitters.  I these 3 brands since they have a decent pocket at the back and same at the front. I wear a size 8 or 10 regular depending on what style (skinny, slim fit or super skinny).

?

9 hours ago, RonC said:

Just curious HinH.  You'd wear a 14 in medium length but a 16 in long length.  Does the fit of the waist area, etc., change with the length?

I cannot answer for @HappyinHeels of course, but I find that I tend to take a size 6 in boot cut jeans, but usually a 4 in skinny jeans. I've no idea why this is, but in any case, I really don't pay that much attention to the length, because I have to have my tailor chop off a certain amount of length no matter what I buy.

My newest pair of jeans are Nine West branded (I had no idea they even put their name on jeans), and I found them in a pile of clothes that my wife was about to send to our local charity shop. "Whoa, wait a minute, why are we getting rid of these, let me try those on, they're brand new!" Size 4, regular, perfect fit! Except that I had to shorten them by 4.5" (11.4 cm). Where are all these super tall, super skinny girls? I don't see them around.

I am pretty happy with my "find" overall. I have normal-sized pockets, front and back--well, I mean "normal" for such low-waisted jeans. They aren't particularly soft, however. Not bad, but they certainly do not feel like bedsheets or anything.

• Like 1

Ron C,

It depends on whether the waist if mid-rise or high-rise and whether the jeans will definitely be worn with heels or not. If I know I will not wear the jeans with heels then a 14 would be better. If worn with heels then a 16 would be better.

mlroseplant,

Yep, NineWest has their name on jeans. Sams Club carried them for a number of years and I have several of those pairs. HinH

On 2/14/2019 at 12:25 AM, mlroseplant said:

Size 4, regular, perfect fit! Except that I had to shorten them by 4.5" (11.4 cm). Where are all these super tall, super skinny girls? I don't see them around.

I work with one. She is 5'10", I asked! She is tall and thin, but a very nice figure for a skinny gal. Also, she wears high heels every day, plus tight, skinny jeans most days! Extremely attractive.  I did take a chance once day and mention to her that I have an attraction for high heels and we have had short discussions on heels although I have not admitted how far my attraction to heels goes.  The other day she mentioned that she noticed my boots I wear have fairly high heels. I have worn them only a couple times. I may tell her about them. I feel she is "safe" but I will proceed carefully!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Pumped said:

I work with one. She is 5'10", I asked! She is tall and thin, but a very nice figure for a skinny gal. Also, she wears high heels every day, plus tight, skinny jeans most days! Extremely attractive.  I did take a chance once day and mention to her that I have an attraction for high heels and we have had short discussions on heels although I have not admitted how far my attraction to heels goes.  The other day she mentioned that she noticed my boots I wear have fairly high heels. I have worn them only a couple times. I may tell her about them. I feel she is "safe" but I will proceed carefully!

Sounds encouraging....  

what boots were you wearing at the time?

On 2/14/2019 at 12:25 AM, mlroseplant said:

Size 4, regular, perfect fit! Except that I had to shorten them by 4.5" (11.4 cm). Where are all these super tall, super skinny girls? I don't see them around.

As someone suggested in another thread, women tend to have longer legs and shorter torsos compared to men of the same overall height.  And if the pants are styled to be actually work at the waist, the pants can be a bit longer.  It’s wonderful - found another in size 4 tonight that fits way better than anything I’ve ever found in the men’s section.  Will be rotating these into my office attire for sure.  

6C0C577E-7F3A-437B-B008-4B67A6CB39C2.thumb.jpeg.421c0ccd8c3d6ca1384cf121ac6a0588.jpeg

• Like 3

Great look!

I wear womens pants now and again (I prefer a skirt) and yes you guys are right they are often longer in the leg.

Bear in mind they will be either a hipster or more of a high waisted style (above your tummy button is normal waist on womens wear) so the high waist if worn low can make the leg appear longer.

Often depending on the style of leg - if flared a little or a slacker fit they will often allow for covering the heel - so the leg length is intended to allow for approx a 4 inch high heel. More fitted styles taper and are often slightly above the ankle to showcase the shoes - and therefore noticeable shorter.

I suppose you might want to avoid the rear zips that a lot of womens pants have - I have several that have cleaner lines on the front because the zipper is on the back or on my left hip.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

As someone suggested in another thread, women tend to have longer legs and shorter torsos compared to men of the same overall height.  And if the pants are styled to be actually work at the waist, the pants can be a bit longer.  It’s wonderful - found another in size 4 tonight that fits way better than anything I’ve ever found in the men’s section.  Will be rotating these into my office attire for sure.  

6C0C577E-7F3A-437B-B008-4B67A6CB39C2.thumb.jpeg.421c0ccd8c3d6ca1384cf121ac6a0588.jpeg

I know it is conventional wisdom that women have longer legs for a given total body height in general, but I am not so sure about that. I think that might be a myth. Seems like years ago, we had a discussion about it somewhere on this forum, and I think perhaps that notion was proven wrong. It is not a myth that in my case, women must have longer legs than me, because I have had to shorten practically all of the women's pants I have ever bought. On the other hand, I have also had to shorten nearly all of the men's pants I have ever bought. In spite of this fact, I don't really feel like my legs look ridiculously disproportionate to the rest of me. See the attached photo, which shows my new size 4 Nine West branded jeans, which I had to have shortened by 4 1/2 inches to stop at my ankle. Yes, I know, no heels. Heels are not allowed on the bowling lane, and also not allowed on me at all while I am here in Vietnam. Don't worry, we're coming home soon. Another observation is that while size 4 are skin tight on me, they are reasonably roomy on you! I'm looking at the one pair of dressier pants that I have here, and I have cut the tag out of them for some reason. I can't remember whether they are size 4 or size 6. Given their relative looseness, I'll bet they are size 6. In any case, they will be what I wear on the plane trip home, being looser and softer.

IMG_0221.PNG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I know it is conventional wisdom that women have longer legs for a given total body height in general, but I am not so sure about that. I think that might be a myth. Seems like years ago, we had a discussion about it somewhere on this forum, and I think perhaps that notion was proven wrong. It is not a myth that in my case, women must have longer legs than me, because I have had to shorten practically all of the women's pants I have ever bought. On the other hand, I have also had to shorten nearly all of the men's pants I have ever bought. In spite of this fact, I don't really feel like my legs look ridiculously disproportionate to the rest of me. See the attached photo, which shows my new size 4 Nine West branded jeans, which I had to have shortened by 4 1/2 inches to stop at my ankle. Yes, I know, no heels. Heels are not allowed on the bowling lane, and also not allowed on me at all while I am here in Vietnam. Don't worry, we're coming home soon. Another observation is that while size 4 are skin tight on me, they are reasonably roomy on you! I'm looking at the one pair of dressier pants that I have here, and I have cut the tag out of them for some reason. I can't remember whether they are size 4 or size 6. Given their relative looseness, I'll bet they are size 6. In any case, they will be what I wear on the plane trip home, being looser and softer.

I agree, you are not disproportionate just because you have to chop 4.5 inches off the jeans.  There are a number of factors in fit of “size 4”, including the overall design and look of the piece.  There are some elastane skinny jeans out there that are designed to be spray on skin tight, but that is not the style that I buy and wear.  

There are a lot more natural variations in our body shape than can be truly represented in the usual ready-to-wear sizing chart, I think.  I must have large hips compared to my waist, at least when compared to other men.  Size 4 women usually means like a 27” waist, which is almost always a successful starting point for sizing when I am shopping in the women’s section.  On the other hand, when I am trying on men’s jeans I often cannot get the fly to even close on a pair 28 or 29, because the rise is too short and it can’t get over my hips and onto my actual waist.  Over the years men have developed the habit of wearing their pants on their hips, so all the sizing reflects accordingly.  So if I buy based on my hips in the men’s section, I have to go size 30 but then cinch in all the extra material at the waist with a belt, which I find both uncomfortable and unattractive. 

In women’s sizes, I find a size 4 in high rise styles to be amazingly more roomy and comfortable compared to anything else I have worn over the years, and I think that is because they fit the proportions of my hips and waist better.  

• Like 1

I basically ignore "Men's" and "Women's" boundaries when I buy/wear clothes now. Fit and Function over section location. Women's socks fit me better than men's socks so most of my socks are women's, I'm a fan of front pockets in pants, so my long pants are men's, but I like short shorts, so my shorts are now women's.  Men's shorts have become capris

• Like 1

Yes, a big fan. Here in the US we have a store called The Buckle. Great women and men’s jeans with long inseams. Up to 37-1/2 women’s and 38 men’s. My last purchase was Payton boot cut 31 waist with the 37-1/2inseam. Very soft and stretchy.  I wear a 34 men’s waist. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a couple pairs of Levi's 710 skinny jeans. I absolutely love them.  For stretch jeans they are a bit on the heavy side, plus the lycra makes them really cling.  Not a lot of ball room, but  I can deal with that. They are tight right down to the ankle.

• Like 1

The Buckle is a wonderful place to get the jeans of your choice from either side of the store. The Sales Associates are there to help you get the best fit no matter which rack it comes from. I have been an employee for Buckle and they are by far the best in customer service, give them a try, you won’t be disappointed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...