Are men destined to be the predomiant heel wearers?

HotPinkHeels

Wearing heels doesn’t magically make me feminine.  It’s a pair of shoes.  It’s the heels that are feminized, through decades of fashion trends and perceptions, not me.  

I also realize that when I wear heels the world is not going to change overnight, and suddenly make heels to be masculine.  But over time, and in certain contexts, they might become less strongly feminine.  And perhaps that effort is why the men’s forum is so active.  It will be interesting to see how things go over time.  

• Like 2

I think there is just more freedom to express one's self and less men doing manual jobs. I personally do several things that could be interpreted as feminine, my nails, my brows, my legs. But I don't do them in a feminine way. My nails are bi-weekly because they grow out at a regular rate and they are damaged, but the other two are on a "as needed" basis. Remember, many things, such as heels, started by men but appropriated (exclusively) by women.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Wearing heels doesn’t magically make me feminine.  It’s a pair of shoes.  It’s the heels that are feminized, through decades of fashion trends and perceptions, not me.  

Exactly. Heels are a design element on a pair of shoes or boots. Society and fashion has declared that higher and/or more shapely heels are feminine. That’s it. Nothing more. Wearing them does not in any way make you feminine (or gay as the alternate stereotype would have it) 

• Like 1

(The men's forum on this site is much more active than the woman's forum.  My question is this.  Are men the ones destined to be the predominant heel wearers in the future?  It kind of seems so.....)

Would be nice, but I very seriously doubt it, at least in my lifetime.....   But that won’t deter my heel wearing one bit !!!

Have fun.......   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

HotPinkHeels,

Extrapolating such a conclusion based upon the active posters in this forum would be a mistake. We are heel enthusiasts so of course you're going to get a heavy dose of positive commentary on wearing heels or perhaps other "feminine" things. Reread what each poster has said and add up all those ingredients. Some say our forum world might indicate what you are saying but they are saying the reality outside the forum is different. Cali points out more apparent freedom to express oneself these days. When you couple people's changing attitudes on a range of topics with women occupying now just over half the work force in many countries and their mastery of more and more things dominated by males and one can see okay maybe the women will wear heels less and men will wear them more. But that's theory. The reality is this my friend; Women will always want to showcase their physical attributes and look their best whether they are dressed more masculinely or more femininely and they want the freedom to shop either side of the aisle. But they'll still expect a man to open the door for them. Some things are not about to change. 

Biologically speaking there is mounting evidence that testosterone levels in men over the Americas has dropped an average of 30% since 1987 and that IS news. My guess is the sum total of food additives, prescription drug interaction, and less participation in manual labour is the major cause of this. It is also true that there is a trend today for women expecting men to be more "understanding and compassionate" or otherwise more like women. Whether any man decides to wear heels or not does NOT decrease his actual testosterone levels or other measures of "manhood". Some here have said it takes serious nerve to wear heels as a man. Perhaps. But it is not a contest. It may however be battle within oneself as to what exactly one believes. It is not what someone knows about someone else which makes one afraid rather it is what one knows about oneself is what's truly scary.

My guess is the future holds more promise than not as far as heel wearing by a man. The man just has to step out of the shadows the mind tends to build and engage with the world. Do whatever you might have planned but do it with confidence and the rest will work itself out.

As for me, I have the advantage of being a biological man so if there's manual jobs to do I have the stamina and strength to do them like tomorrow I'll be taking down a tree so I'll be ankle deep in sawdust! But I also love heels and the women's side of the aisle. Just a different facet of the personality. No harm to anyone else and it's no contest. I hope this is helpful. HappyinHeels

• Like 3

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses.  I can't help but thing of these things lately.  I had my testosterone checked and it was low and I wonder if it contributes to my desire to wear heels and other feminine attire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HotPinkHeels said:

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses.  I can't help but thing of these things lately.  I had my testosterone checked and it was low and I wonder if it contributes to my desire to wear heels and other feminine attire.

I wouldn't have thought so...  But who knows!!

I don't think this forum is a real life example of anything... Women don't need a forum to discuss their heels... They do it with their friends. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HotPinkHeels said:

I had my testosterone checked and it was low and I wonder if it contributes to my desire to wear heels and other feminine attire.

Load of cobblers, I can assure you! You want what you want because you want it.

• Like 1

Here comes the rational Dutchie: ;)

I think the only thing that the difference in the number of posts in the for women and for men section tells is thats it’s normal for women to wear heels. And since it’s normal it doesn’t create the need to discuss about heels. For men it isn’t perceived as ‘the standard’ and men want to discuss about their desire to wear heels and share experiences with others. Us men might even seek reassurance. Women don’t go online and think, hm where can I talk about heels and wearing them, they just wear them. :)

No negativity intended, just my thoughts on the numbers. :) 

Edited by Cl0setheels
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Cl0setheels said:

Here comes the rational Dutchie: ;)

I think the only thing that the difference in the number of posts in the for women and for men section tells is thats it’s normal for women to wear heels. And since it’s normal it doesn’t create the need to discuss about heels. For men it isn’t perceived as ‘the standard’ and men want to discuss about their desire to wear heels and share experiences with others. Us men might even seek reassurance. Women don’t go online and think, hm where can I talk about heels and wearing them, they just wear them. :)

No negativity intended, just my thoughts on the numbers. :) 

I don't disagree with anything you've said at all, but the history of this particular website is a bit less simple. You know, there used to be women on hhplace and its predecessors who actually wrote about high heels and fashion on a regular basis. Those days, for one reason or another, are evidently over. HHPlace has essentially become a men's forum, and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. History has brought us to the place we are today, and I believe we are a unique community--a place where men can come together and discuss fashion and beauty without much judgment. I won't say there is NO judgment, but very little compared with the outside world. Furthermore, although everyone here will admit to having a bit of a fetish about one thing or other below the knees, we largely police ourselves so that it doesn't become the main object of the discussion. This is a FASHION website first and foremost, and I am proud to be a member and contributor here for that reason. I like to think of us as the most normal screwed up people you'll ever meet! At least, that's what I keep telling my wife.  .  .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Not quite everyone on the fetish aspect - certainly not me. There is no fetish aspect at all to my footwear choices. For me it is purely a matter of style, nothing more. 

I let the lawyer in me lapse for just a moment. I meant to say "almost" every one of us. Two words I don't trust in real life. "Always" and "Never."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I let the lawyer in me lapse for just a moment. I meant to say "almost" every one of us. Two words I don't trust in real life. "Always" and "Never."

So do you mean you "never trust ALWAYS and NEVER"

or do you "always never trust ALWAYS and NEVER"

or do you "almost always never trust ALWAYS and NEVER"

I guess that depends on what the definition of the word "is" is. Famous lawyerly words from 20 years ago! There are times when Always and Never can be used but one should extremely judicious when doing so in relation to their own life. Example: I will always endeavour to wear my heels until I'm no longer capable and thence will never wear them again. HinH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, HotPinkHeels said:

The men's forum on this site is much more active than the woman's forum.  My question is this.  Are men the ones destined to be the predominant heel wearers in the future?  It kind of seems so

I don't think so, because what society thinks of men wearing heels versus women wearing heels is different. If society changes there thinking and adopts this idea that men can wear heels just like women and it becomes reality then maybe in the long run it can work. But I dont think. Women have there own characteristics style and femininity that is what is portrayed in society and men have there own masculinity. Yet some men do love to act feminine, but some people might be offended for that if they saw it in public. I dont mind for men to be able to wear heels in public and express themselves the way they like.  if more men would do so i would be encouraged myself as I love to wear heels.

Edited by heellover00
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, heellover00 said:

if more men would do so i would be encouraged myself as I love to wear heels.

How many more men would need to wear heels before you would be ready to wear heels yourself?  I’m genuinely curious, because I only just started 4 months ago.  I had never really thought about it until I joined HHP.  Despite never having met anyone here in person, the interactions here were enough for me to give it a go.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Those of us who wear heels in public don't have a community of men who also wear heels. We are alone in a sea of flats.

ha ha - and yet true !

Sure it wasn't easy wearing high heels openly the first time I did it - but it became progressively easier.

Nowadays - I wouldn't be without my heels - and I feel better with nice heels on my feet than any flat shoe. Thats just how I feel - high heels make me feel good.

To the point though - from my perspective I love wearing heels openly and they make me feel good - I know its the same for women - so I don't see women giving up on high heels any day soon!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, heellover00 said:

I do wear heels only at home but i wouldn't do it in public only if there was a community of men who would would wear them and I would be part of it in my area and we meet every so often.

We are all real people but scattered around.  It’s likely that any meet would just be one person meeting another.  Where do you live?  

• Like 1

As p1ng74 points out we are real people but scattered around. Each individual, though nearly always alone, must approach life surrounded by confidence built within one's own soul. That confidence allows one to step out and greet the world on one's own terms and not those of others. If later one gets to meet another of our members then the self-confidence has already been established and perhaps a lasting friendship can ensue. I have written before that trying to meet some of our members is a worthwhile goal. What makes meeting other like-minded heelwearers an enjoyable experience is fellowship or the very essence of the human condition. To share a moment in time with common interests. I have personally met three of our members and found each of them quite different from myself and yet similar enough that I want to see each of them again.  It is another tile in the rich mosaic of life. HappyinHeels

Edited by HappyinHeels
omit typos.
  • Like 3

I met with one of our members and his spouse for dinner just last Monday.  Had a wonderful time!!  We got a few stares and smiles but that was to be expected.  It's good to be out in heels....   Have fun...   sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"