Designing Heels

Cali

I have been in talks with a shoe manufacturer to design a heel. I can't say much about it now, but its a boot and of course would have a full length inside zipper.

However, if you ever got the chance to design a heel, WHAT WOULD YOU DESIGN?

What features would you want it to have? How high? What material would you want?

• Like 2

I designed a pair of custom pull on boots in December - can’t wait for them to be finished.  They will have a 4” heel and 19” shafts.  Black cowhide with elephant overlay.  

I am already dreaming up another design for this year.  4” heel, 25” thigh high shafts, and brown with a sweeping overlay all the way around the lower.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am already doing that with extreme high heels in Spain. I can't really say that I am designing the shoes but by picking from different possibilities they already offer..So at the end it is somehow a shoe I have more or less designed. 

• Like 1

Heelers :  I have had a pair of custom made high heel cowboy boots made by ( likely by the same people Pierre1961 is talking about from Spain ). 

Four (4) weeks ago I received a pair of truly crotch high Red boots from the Netherlands. The heels are the same height, the quality is as good, but

the cost was/is hundreds of dollars different. If your going to have custom design high heels, be sure they are all leather. I would like to see 

them when they are finished. spikesmike

• Like 1

Leather of course, with maybe a blue or red or purple croc pattern. I'm trying to get the manufacturer to design higher heels than he usually does which is 3.25 inch (over 3.5 in my size 10's) now, but I want 3.75 or 4 inches.

• Like 1

The highest pair of wedges I own are a pair of tan top and pure cork bottoms I had made from Tony Shoes in Los Angeles, CA via my friend's store in Chicago. Instead of a normal "Y" type of ankle strap I specified a slingback strap. They measure a full 7" (17.8 cm) and are quite cumfy. I should see if I can arrange a photo of them.

I am still thinking of  making a pair of shoes as I have a number of basswood trees on our land in far northern Wisconsin. Basswood is akin to Linden and is light, soft, and extremely workable from a woodworking standpoint. HinH

Here's a photo of those pure cork wedges I had made by Tony's Shoes of Los Angeles about four years ago. I have only worn these with jeans but I do like this look better. They cost about $135 USD because of the solid cork unit. Most sandals appearing to be cork are just plastic units wrapped in a thin layer of cork. 

IMG_3568[1].JPG

Edited by HappyinHeels
typo, add photo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

And I I’ve recently ordered 3 different pair of high heeled cowboy boots from Custom Made. So far I purchased 1 pair that was to have been a size 12. They were made for someone else and I  found them to be 13.  Insoles and a few adjustments at a local repair shop and I now have great pair of 6 inch heel boots.   Darn fun to wear publicly.  I even had a guy say I was darned sexy in them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulO said:

And I I’ve recently ordered 3 different pair of high heeled cowboy boots from Custom Made. So far I purchased 1 pair that was to have been a size 12. They were made for someone else and I  found them to be 13.  Insoles and a few adjustments at a local repair shop and I now have great pair of 6 inch heel boots.   Darn fun to wear publicly.  I even had a guy say I was darned sexy in them. 

Very cool indeed, would love to see picture of these boots.  I wish I had bought a pair of those "Western Ranch" high heel cowboy boots years ago, no longer in business today....

18 hours ago, PaulO said:

Would love to see the 6" boots you mentioned!

On 2/11/2019 at 8:45 AM, HappyinHeels said:

The highest pair of wedges I own are a pair of tan top and pure cork bottoms I had made from Tony Shoes in Los Angeles, CA via my friend's store in Chicago. Instead of a normal "Y" type of ankle strap I specified a slingback strap. They measure a full 7" (17.8 cm) and are quite cumfy. I should see if I can arrange a photo of them.

I am still thinking of  making a pair of shoes as I have a number of basswood trees on our land in far northern Wisconsin. Basswood is akin to Linden and is light, soft, and extremely workable from a woodworking standpoint. HinH

Here's a photo of those pure cork wedges I had made by Tony's Shoes of Los Angeles about four years ago. I have only worn these with jeans but I do like this look better. They cost about $135 USD because of the solid cork unit. Most sandals appearing to be cork are just plastic units wrapped in a thin layer of cork. 

IMG_3568[1].JPG

Luv these wedges!!

On 2/11/2019 at 1:45 AM, HappyinHeels said:

IMG_3568[1].JPG

Ooh love wedges