Red bottom renting

7 hours ago, luvheelsmuch said:

This may sound crazy or like a dumb question

Or a business opportunity!   Rent - a - Heel 

There are places women can "rent" outfits for a few months.

38 minutes ago, Cali said:

Or a business opportunity!   Rent - a - Heel 

There are places women can "rent" outfits for a few months.

It is feasible.  Aloft hotel in Austin has a collection of boots to rent.  

• Like 2

Since people have rented tuxedoes for a long time it seems feasible one could rent boots as well. The reality of it though is, apart from an occasional place like the Aloft hotel in Austin, I just don't think you're going to find many offerings. Could it be fear of foot odour?? Are we talking of a couple renting like Louboutin heels for an evening together?? Given that brand's value I'd say there's a high likelihood of sole damage upon return. Maybe good for a shoe cobbler though. HinH

11 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Since people have rented tuxedoes for a long time it seems feasible one could rent boots as well. The reality of it though is, apart from an occasional place like the Aloft hotel in Austin, I just don't think you're going to find many offerings. Could it be fear of foot odour?? Are we talking of a couple renting like Louboutin heels for an evening together?? Given that brand's value I'd say there's a high likelihood of sole damage upon return. Maybe good for a shoe cobbler though. HinH

True, even tuxedo rental shops rent out shoes.  I rented a vest from a place once just to pair something different with my tux for one evening.  

I had no idea there were places that rented out women’s outfits.  Perhaps they would rent out individual pieces / heels too.  I’m sure there are effective ways to sanitize shoes.  People stick their feet in sweaty loaner ice skates and bowling shoes all the time.  

Well, many women do "rent" outfits. I've known a fair number of retail managers and they see women return dresses and other more formal clothes all the time especially on a Monday or Tuesday. They typically buy on a Thursday, wear it to the event, and return it in a few days. The detail is usually in smelling the collar. Clothes for sale in the store will NOT have the smell of detergent or fabric softener. "It didn't work out" or "I decided it didn't look as good on me as I thought." are typical comments made when returning clothes under such pretenses. Eventually some stores catch on and will just bar someone from coming in again. HinH

On 2/6/2019 at 12:36 PM, p1ng74 said:

It is feasible.  Aloft hotel in Austin has a collection of boots to rent.  

It’s for cowboy boots. “Live like a local with our Boots to Borrow program, where guests can borrow an authentic pair of cowboy boots to wear out for the day or evening.” https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ausda-aloft-austin-downtown/

Bowling alleys rent bowling shoes, but they take your ID as a deposit so you don’t walk off with them.

A place renting Louboutins to take home would be a target for thieves.

If you want to try a pair on, go to your local luxury department store, like Nordstroms, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, et al.

I know Nordstroms is accommodating for men trying on heels. I don’t know about the others. 

Edited by alphax

Alas, the proper context comes through. It's cowboy boots in Austin, Texas. Makes sense now.

I'll second the comment about Nordstroms. They carry larger sizes and have long been at the top of the retail industry when it comes to customer service. They may not fly the rainbow flag but they have been very welcoming to men wearing heels and trying them on as well as showing respect for all. If any of you can visit a Nordstroms you should give them a try. :fine: HinH