Anbody Notice the recent changes to the Pigalle

nzfreestyler

Hey howdy all,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the changes to the CL Pigalle ?

I just bought a new pair (after a Louboutin Hiatus) and they felt different than I recalled when I tried them out.

Only once I was home I dug around for an old pair and they have changed quite a bit!

oh ok.

I suppose that would help...Doh!

Hang on then...

Pigalle  - Blue Neptune Python (new)  vs Black Python (4+ yrs old)

The new heel is about 5mm lower, the new outer profile of the shoe is taller around the foot and across the toe - not quite as pretty looking.

Pretty much feels the same except you can feel the lower cut toe and side in the original pigalle on your little toes and the outside edges of your foot.

The new shoe is missing the elastic retainer in the heel which is great for helping heel lift when they've been on for hours and you tend to slip down them more - or with stockings its much better.

Side On - inside of the pumps

20190204_003.jpg.eff54821d57a10f4867541635c617113.jpg

Side On - outside of the pumps

20190204_004.jpg.e05d97dcfdce302acbe66c1b6eaa845d.jpg

Heels

20190204_002.jpg.212d09681f8c6b16c628c88dc289d1e1.jpg

Toes

20190204_001.jpg.dd4c9acb63bc7c4cf293d3935434a8c5.jpg

do I put them on too ?

yeh its weird they have changed.

I prefer the shape of the black python but its the toe that has become longer and the heel is a little lower but because of the longer toe it rises a little steeper.

Can hardly tell when they're on - but neither shoe has that good curved arch support of the hot chick. The extra 10mm heel height in the hot chick and all of a sudden Mr L decides to provide a great arch support for us all. Perhaps he should wear his Pigalles for a day and see how he goes?

8 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

yeh its weird they have changed.

I prefer the shape of the black python but its the toe that has become longer and the heel is a little lower but because of the longer toe it rises a little steeper.

Can hardly tell when they're on - but neither shoe has that good curved arch support of the hot chick. The extra 10mm heel height in the hot chick and all of a sudden Mr L decides to provide a great arch support for us all. Perhaps he should wear his Pigalles for a day and see how he goes?

I hear, he's not to fond of guys wearing his shoes. Odd, as I believe anyone devoted to designing high heels must have at one time or another tried one on.

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

I hear, he's not to fond of guys wearing his shoes. Odd, as I believe anyone devoted to designing high heels must have at one time or another tried one on.

He said men in heels Ridiculous! Really, while Prince wearing them on stage was okay? If that's his attitude why buy them. JImmy CHOO Anouks are just as nice. Yet something tells me designers have the same mindset males wearing stilettos, i'm sure  Jimmy's niece designing his shoes now has the same female negative mindset about men wearing heels.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG9210721/Christian-Louboutin-I-dont-care-if-my-high-heels-hurt-women.html

HOT CHICK 130mm https://youtu.be/6unZmth9H6I

Why the heading of his sexual preference makes heeling yet again for straight  men discouraging or boxed in with certain stigma. Take a view of some comments left. Not turning heads but stomachs... Although he did say getting compliments wearing them i believe him.....

https://youtu.be/KxX3Xf5uvhE

Edited by MackyHeels

Hi MackyHeels,

the Anouk is a nice shoe but I find I don't like the heel as much as the so kate heel - which is just gorgeous. The pigalle is a bit ugly and is a staple workhorse shoe in my mind.

The best CL is without doubt the Hot Chick - it is high but has superb arch support, just so good on my foot..

nb. that video of slipping on a hot chick - they are so steep that - that is quite hard to do without running the risk of damaging the heel cup of your shoe - which one doesn't want to do!

The pigalle was changed a few years ago. More info can be found at purseblog’s forum, but you might have to dig.

https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/christian-louboutin.150/

I’ve neber had the chance to try Hot Chicks, but I did try the Mercy Allen in 130mm and they were a challenge. Sadly they were too small. I prefer the rounder toe and am hoping to catch a Fifi 120 boot second hand.

Edited by Rockpup

(formerly known as "JimC")

If I win the lotto I think I’d have them make a custom pair of thigh boots in 85/100/120/130mm, and even ballet heels for personal use ;)

The odd bit is how one pair may fit different then another, and I’ve also tried pairs on that are ‘my size’ but had a giant heel gap. 

(formerly known as "JimC")

On 2/4/2019 at 6:20 PM, nzfreestyler said:

The pigalle is a bit ugly and is a staple workhorse shoe in my mind.

Not trying to be an asshole here, but I am genuinely curious--why would you ever buy and wear something that you think is ugly, especially at the kind of prices that CL commands? We're not talking about a truck here.

its sort of funny

I got my first pair a long time ago - the kind of shoe you get just to have it cause its such an iconic shoe.

They are not my favourite shoe shape/silhouette, they are comfy (when you get sizings right) but I get so many compliments in them.

I think it is just the lean heel shape - which I don't like that much (give me the skinny So Kate or Hot Chick heel anyday) that makes the shoe popular.

I am wearing them again after a haitus of several years and instantly getting compliments and the shoes often recognised for what they are.

I suppose its like choosing something thats ok in my mind but I know is most popular with others.(probably sums up a lot of fashion trends and why we wear them?)

mlroseplant, I'll translate nzfreestyler's answer for you. I can certainly understand it since I do it too.

13 minutes ago, nzfreestyler said:

its sort of funny

I got my first pair a long time ago - the kind of shoe you get just to have it cause its such an iconic shoe.

They are not my favourite shoe shape/silhouette, they are comfy (when you get sizings right) but I get so many compliments in them.

I think it is just the lean heel shape - which I don't like that much (give me the skinny So Kate or Hot Chick heel anyday) that makes the shoe popular.

I am wearing them again after a haitus of several years and instantly getting compliments and the shoes often recognised for what they are.

I suppose its like choosing something thats ok in my mind but I know is most popular with others.(probably sums up a lot of fashion trends and why we wear them?)

While my feet are no way close to nz's, hence I can't wear pumps, I too have few pairs that are not so easy to wear or walk in for extended hours, but I do wear them occasionally. When I do I get so many compliments in them.

So I wear them and enjoy them.  Here's an example: Victoria's Secret velvet ruched stilettos with a floating platform

VSstilettoH.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nzfreestyler said:

its sort of funny

I get it your wearing it so people give you compliments. Could be said with exact opposite if someone you believe has good taste in style respecting their opinions when wearing something novel, they reject it, back into the closet it goes never to be worn again. 

Many people have the same response sometimes some things fit uncomfortably, or hurt wearing them yet you get good reactions to it. Yet in your mind you don't care for it that much yet when the need arises wounds heal you attempt to wear it again hoping for the same reactions as before. 

If you have something that is years old yet looks timeless wearing it for yourself often isn't as exciting as another person initially observing  it.  New trends and styles often bring brighter uplifting smile on my face then older outfits yet in pristine conditions. Something about my eye gets clouded from the visual picture i see myself in gets less stimulating to wear. 

A classy heel never goes out of style or gets old.  The VS stilettos are fun to wear but are a little too much for a 14 hour day. So I only wear them 2 - 3 times a year. Women are in awe of them and can't believe that I can walk  in them wishing they could too. And of course they have to see the Angel Wings behind the arch. Some have even asked to try them on.  I like them and I like how they make me feel when I have them on, but after 6 hours its time to put something else on

VSsti01hh.JPG

Edited by Cali

I like the floating platform. I don't wear platforms (well I have a few - but hardly wear them) and I wonder what that style of platform is like - does the toe still flex etc or is it rigid and unflexible like most platform soles are?

1 hour ago, nzfreestyler said:

I like the floating platform. I don't wear platforms (well I have a few - but hardly wear them) and I wonder what that style of platform is like - does the toe still flex etc or is it rigid and unflexible like most platform soles are?

rigid and unflexible

oh bugger.... I was kind of hopeful they might be more like a single sole pump.

Thats why I like non platforms because I enjoy the lightweight and the flexibility of the toe etc  (obviously I like the heel to be sturdy - thats a given)

• Like 1

Cali - as related to a different post, those are a pair of platforms that I don't mind.  The sole is not so thick as to distort the overall shape of the shoe.  And I do understand that platforms can add a level of comfort for the ball of the foot area.  What is it about these that make them uncomfortable for you?  

7 hours ago, RonC said:

What is it about these that make them uncomfortable for you?  

I have a high-volume toe box so many shoes with a fixed strap just cuts into my toe tendons. I can get into them and I use high density foam between my toes and the shoe edge and it's okay. They are a bit tall, 5.5 inch heel, .5 inch platform, so I need to take smaller steps. I am on my feet at work for at least 7 hours each day and up to 12 hours.  It just gets too tiring to wear them all day long.

It's also all in the eye of the beholder. I just love the platforms on my cork wedges. Most of my heels have platforms.  The knee high suede boots I wore today....1/2 inch platform, 4 1/4 inch heel.

I am somewhat grateful that most of the designers started supporting the back of their shoes with their stilettos, instead of supporting the heel of the foot, because they are less desirable for me to buy them by how they look in that false look of support. When they first started this back of shoe support trend, I couldn't help think of the arches collapsing because of the span from the back of the heel to the toe box seemed so enormously ridiculous. Plus the landing action of each step seemed more difficult with the stiletto heel tips being vertically placed back so far from the vertically positioned forward center of the foot's heel. This positioning more aggressively prompts the wearer to land each step with both the heel tip and the toe box contacting the surface at the same time, which doesn't help the graceful action of walking when the sound of a toddler's clopping is heard from an adult walking in high heels.    

i totally agree with you @Histiletto. The positioning of the heel is so important. I can't understand that so many designers have no care about the comfort of the shoes. I can't understand either why so many women are still buying such shoes and prefer complaining. 

If all shoes makers could give some attention to biomechanic we may have  less people saying that high heels are a body destroyer  

One solution: the designers and the shoe makers,female and male have to  wear high heels all day long. 

That would help our men in heels problem. 

Two birds with one stone !!!