I love airports!

Black_Boots

I just spotted a beautiful women wearing a wonderful pair of Louis Vuitton booties in Zurich airport...

Apparently she was excited wearing them as she took a picture of them with her phone... the connected era...

She also should be a LV fan as her bag was also a LV, which did not make a point in my story I agree...

I just checked the price of the beautties, my god... I can imagine how much would be to live with such partner...

I assume it is the right way to wear such boots to attract the right kind of man... the loop is closed!

8BDAC668-3C64-4F54-AB84-1613B72B9184.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I also love airports 

but not for the same reason. Just because it is the best place for me for walking with my heels,on good surfaces,and a lot of unnoticing people. 

About this sort of girls,thank you,I had relations  with some similar ones. No way! Never again. 

You are right: the man need to spend a lot for often not so much in return  

• Haha 1

I have been in my fair share of airports, I'd say some 100 or so scattered across North and South America, Asia, Europe, and Africa, and usually give a thumbs up or down based upon two things I consider important. Easy to follow signage and decent food offerings. Based upon this standard I give below normal marks for the airport where I worked for nearly 16 years: Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. It is familiar to me so I don't dislike it but I can't say I like it as much as others I've seen. I live between Chicago and Milwaukee and Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee is far easier to negotiate and cheaper to park. Plus they rarely cancel flights from there like they do O'Hare. I think if an airport has good signage and good food offerings then these are the things travellers will most remember about the experience.

There are airports so simple and small that are just sort of cool in their own right. One runway, walk across the tarmac to the plane and the terminal, the occasional cat or dog or chicken strutting their stuff, and the smell of food being prepared in front of you. Two such places I remember for their simplicity were Philip W. Goldson Airport in Belize City and the airport in Cuzco, Peru. Have been to both at least twice and love them both. Something tells me I have to see the Kathmandu airport.

I'm curious if other countries have lots of small airports as the U.S. does. The USA has around 4500 airports and airstrips, Brazil is second with around 2700. We have a strong network of regional and county airports here in Wisconsin and I know other Midwestern states are similar. I live about 6 miles from such a "utility/corporate airport" where you can learn to fly. Always had an interest in that. Never had much interest in duty free shops especially for booze. Here in Wisconsin all forms of liquor are so inexpensive it wouldn't make any sense to buy any in such a duty free store. I love wine but I'll sample my share while in the country and if I really like it start looking for it right back here in Wisconsin. When my grape vines start producing a bit more I'll be making my own wine anyway. My dad's family makes wine every year and my late stepdad did as well. I still have about ten bottles of cabernet savignon, peach, and cherry wine made in 2013 and 2014 before he got sick. Those bottles are in that cedar chest I mounted as a cabinet in his memory. HappyinHeels  

• Like 1

The funkiest airport I was ever in was on Atiu in the Cook Islands where the terminal was a little bus-shelter-like shed with tropical flowers planted around it, a walkway out to the runway apron. No security except for a humorous handpainted sign telling passengers to please hand over any spears or nuclear weapons to the pilot before boarding.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

p1ng74,    If only they would bring back the orchards (ORD comes from this original setting) which once surrounded the airport site. Perhaps it would calm the crowds. HinH

Thanks - you just shed light on a mystery I have been wondering about since I was a child! 

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

I haven't been to a ton of airports, but O'Hare isn't the worst I've been in.  Midway in Chicago is better, if only because it is smaller.  One I have enjoyed a couple times is Ontario in California.  Very easy to negotiate and very uncrowded for the LA area.