Aspiring London Public Heeler

Kjones92

I will now be closing this topic, to start a new one soon for my heeling adventures.

Made my first full outing in thin block heels last night, in 4 inch boots no platform.

As soon as i left the house it felt strange walking on the concretee  and not as easy as i expected in blook heels. Saw a car parked with lights on and another group of guys talking  around my block and almost chickened out. But persevered. When i arived near Tesco store 10 mins later(to buy a few things), I nearly chickened out, i turned back twice to go home, but went in at third attempt.

Again no anxiety really or intense butterflies, when coming across a dozen people, including the security woman who gave a strange knowing smile, i think. The woman who served me and other other till person would have noticed as i was walking away plus no one else was waiting to be serve after me.  I had a few wobles tbh, from start to finish,  but i decided to persevere initially just to avoid the regret and beeting my self up from not doing. Outing was 30mins id say (with sitting down briefly and standing) and my feet were hurting at least half that time on the way home.

I will be using the treadmill to practise with 5-6 inch stilleto with and with no platform and wedges, just to get some mileage. The open toe mule sandals shown bellow at 3.5 inch with a shorter and thicker block heel. So will likley only wear these for my outings in heels ,  and but  flats most other times, until i improve, to regularly wear higher of thinner ones. So another 3-4 weeks perhaps, until i try the 4 inches out again. Before then im planning pedicure  with the mule sandals bellow and women's flat sandals.

At this point its more about improving my skill and competence of heeling outside, not the fear or negative emotions as much (which i still have). I feel my plan omto wear flats first is paying off as intended, and ive been wearing more daring and feminine pairs.So heels on display was not an issue, initially it was the noise, but ultimately ability and pain were the major and only issues really in the end.

20200413_215114_compress91.jpg

20200413_215048_compress5_resize_43_compress43.jpg

20200414_073216_compress48.jpg

Edited by Kjones92
  • Like 8

Hello 

At first :congratulations for your heel outing 

then ,a few remarks from my experiences 

walking outside has nothing to be compared with walking inside the house. 

Block heels are not as confortable as they seemed to be. If the sidewalks are sloppy you have to follow the angle of the soil. With thin heels,that’s not so obvious. 

Training on a treadmill with 6” can bring you fun but if the purpose is to strengthen your calves, it’s better to wear 4,5” but during a much longer time. Half an hour at least. Maybe not on the first day. Progressively. 

Stretch your ankles everyday and before putting your shoes on. There’re a lot of video dedicated to ballet dancers. The more simple are the better. 

Have fun 

• Thanks 1

I will reiterate Pierre on two things: 1) Congratulations, and 2) you already knew this from before, but isn't it amazing how much harder it is to walk outside in the real world than it is inside your house? I remember my very first time in heels outside that involved any amount of walking. I was wearing shoes very similar in style to your mules, only mine were close-toed. In other words, definitely high heels, but not all that high. I had to walk about 1 km, and man, that was the LONGEST 1000 meters I have ever walked in my life. It seemed like it took for-EVER, and my feet were tired when I finally got back home. That was about 8 years ago. Today, I literally would not even notice I was wearing heels if I had to make the same trip in the same shoes.

The treadmill doesn't sound like a bad idea, if you are unable to go out to get practice. We had this discussion last year above on this thread already. But again, I'll have to concur with Pierre, wear the shoes that you want to wear outside on the treadmill at first. Practicing in 6" will not get you where you want to go at this time. I personally have a 2 mile (3.2 km) rule. If I can't walk 2 miles comfortably in a pair of shoes, then I don't need to be wearing them outside. Keep up the good work, and we look forward to your new thread!

• Like 5

A few guys have mentioned wearing flat recently.  I can remember a member from a few years back, I believe it was HappyFeats, that said he go far more reaction from wearing flats than when wearing heels.  Yes, they were "girly" style flats, but he said that they seemed to attract more attention than his heels.  

• Like 2

Great progress buddy...I find my 4.5" stiletto boots are easier to walk in on the streets than many block heeled boots.  The problem is the heels get torn up pretty quickly.  I am truly envious about the amazing progress you have made in a short time....Don't let the conflicting feelings get you down, don't let idiotic societal pressures get the best of you.  You look great, and I'm sure you feel great when out and about, that is all that matters.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was out ealier in the sun, with my Aldo handbag ,skinny jeans and the ted bakers sandals in the pic. Just before i arrived home i was caught by one of my female neghbours and been showing my toes public  for the last few days.  Cant wait to get them done professionally and a manicure too. 

I was ,"caught" by one of  the security guys on my estate in skirt , fishnet tights and flats 2 days ago in the evening lol, after a brief outing to the shops which was a first in a skirt. 

I have carefully  tried to  avoid my neighbours and other people on my estate  for the last 2 month I've been wearing female footwear, but im caring less and less now. But still a little carefull though. My outings are mostly daytime now, I'm hooked and enjoying pushing the boundaries more than ever. For me its about the general experience  and I'm now more patient about heels before they are a regular part of my outings.

20200531_125209_compress35.jpg

Edited by Kjones92
  • Like 5

On 5/31/2020 at 4:12 PM, Kjones92 said:

Was out ealier in the sun, with my Aldo handbag ,skinny jeans and the ted bakers sandals in the pic. Just before i arrived home i was caught by one of my female neghbours and been showing my toes public  for the last few days.  Cant wait to get them done professionally and a manicure too. 

I was ,"caught" by one of  the security guys on my estate in skirt , fishnet tights and flats 2 days ago in the evening lol, after a brief outing to the shops which was a first in a skirt. 

I have carefully  tried to  avoid my neighbours and other people on my estate  for the last 2 month I've been wearing female footwear, but im caring less and less now. But still a little carefull though. My outings are mostly daytime now, I'm hooked and enjoying pushing the boundaries more than ever. For me its about the general experience  and I'm now more patient about heels before they are a regular part of my outings.

20200531_125209_compress35.jpg

I love your nails! Try not to talk about getting "caught", it makes freestyling sound like a crime, there's nothing better than slipping on your best pumps, a nice skirt and showing the world, hey, this is me.  Most people don't care as their lives still go on, and if you dress well, you will get compliments. A pencil skirt is something for your wardrobe in future. Just been to my local recycling centre in my green skirt, I knew not to wear stilettoes in case I got them caught in the steps alongside the various containers :o No reactions apart from a smile or two from one of the workers when I hitched my skirt slightly to tackle the steps :) it was mostly cardboard so I didn't get dirty :)

Be careful putting your feet up on the seat if in a short skirt on the bus :o;)

Edited by SkirtDude

I ran into a friend at the store a couple days ago while wearing my new wedges.  I did have on long jeans so they weren't overly visible, but if he had looked down, he would have noticed.  Fortunately, he did not and we went our separate ways.  At this point in my life, I'd rather not try to explain things to folks, so I was glad to not have been noticed.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Kjones92,

Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but you may want to consider extra long boot cut/straight leg jeans. Long enough to cover the shoe and heel.  This way you can travel relatively incognito until you are ready to flaunt it without a care.

Congrats and keep pushing!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, vector said:

Kjones92,

Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but you may want to consider extra long boot cut/straight leg jeans. Long enough to cover the shoe and heel.  This way you can travel relatively incognito until you are ready to flaunt it without a care.

Congrats and keep pushing!

That is what I wear with my heels

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2020 at 4:40 AM, RonC said:

I ran into a friend at the store a couple days ago while wearing my new wedges.  I did have on long jeans so they weren't overly visible, but if he had looked down, he would have noticed.  Fortunately, he did not and we went our separate ways.  At this point in my life, I'd rather not try to explain things to folks, so I was glad to not have been noticed.

And he didn't notice you were suddenly taller?

No, he did not seem to notice, which was kind of surprising.  I ran into a neighbor shopping a couple years back and she didn't notice the height difference either.  Of course, these aren't people I see constantly either, so the chance of noticing a height difference is less I would guess.