Best heels to travel in?

All those outfits are home runs in my book!  Be sure the boots are easy to take on and off for security though.  I am a boot guy but must admit you look sharp in the red pumps and tight jeans....

Have a great time in Florida, bring plenty of extra pairs with you....

On 1/21/2019 at 12:47 AM, p1ng74 said:

Just depends on what you are used to.  I am comfortable in knee high boots all through the summer here in Texas and it gets well over 100.  It is to be determined if I will do the same with my OTK boots or if that is going overboard...

We’ve just had 46c which is..... 114deg f. So I’m ready to try wedges. So my latest plan is these wedges (Hannele Black sandal) with skinny jeans and a blouse shirt and a baker boy black cap. Photos to come when I buy them Tuesday hopefully. Wanted the tan version, but the store did not have the left foot! Was stolen!

BD488229-9B5C-4A3C-8A6A-C69315B243D2.jpeg

On 1/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, LovinHeels said:

We’ve just had 46c which is..... 114deg f. So I’m ready to try wedges. So my latest plan is these wedges (Hannele Black sandal) with skinny jeans and a blouse shirt and a baker boy black cap. Photos to come when I buy them Tuesday hopefully. Wanted the tan version, but the store did not have the left foot! Was stolen!

This wedge looks great, I love the style. crazy that one (!) was stolen!!!   What size are you?

Looking forward to seeing your outfit, the skinny jeans sound like a great match for the wedges 

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.

For these, size 11. I’m normally a size 10, or 41 depending on the make of the shoe.

I went to the store, tried the right foot on, fitted well. Then asked to try both on and they sales person couldn’t find it! They have the black, but had my mind set on the tan. Now over the weekend, after chatting to my wife, at $60 it’s worth getting the black version. Will just change what I wear to go with it for the trip. Guess is a well made brand.

Edited by LovinHeels
Added more info

34 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

This wedge looks great, I love the style. crazy that one (!) was stolen!!!   What size are you?

It’s actually kind of common for one shoe to go missing and you have to be careful especially at discount stores.  I think what happens is someone with asymmetrical feet mix and match sizes and walk out the door with a mismatched pair.  If the sales associate doesn’t check both pairs on the way out, they now have two single shoes in different sizes to sell.  What you have to be careful is that sometimes they just throw these two mismatched shoes into a single box and discount it, hoping this odd combination fits someone or that the difference is not noticed or cared by the next customer.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2019 at 7:31 PM, KneeBooted said:

I wore my Sorel wedges last time and it was heaven! I didn’t set off the metal detector when I went through TSA(I have precheck so we don’t have to take off our shoes) and they were comfortable for over 8 hours!

E91091DC-93B6-4DEA-9318-549A266ED46F.jpeg

I have the same ones. They are defiantly an all day boot. 

• 2 weeks later...

LovinHeels,

I adore wedges and have an Aldo pair very much like yours except mine have a "Y" type ankle strap. They are my go to warmer weather style and form the largest part of my shoe collection. Get those toes ready for your wedges! HinH

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, Romulus said:

I have the same ones. They are defiantly an all day boot. 

Agree’d, been to airports and multiple Disney world parks with mine on all day.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I like my Soda booties, not enough metal to set off the metal detector. Also love to travel in my Madden Girl motorcycle boots, but they have so much metal I need to take them off.

• 4 weeks later...

I travel from Texas to Germany once or twice a year.  A pair of peep-toe pumps and a pair of peep-toe slip-on flats both go with me. I wear the heels until I'm through security, then they come off and the flats come on until I'm about to land in Germany. Then the flats come off and the heels come back on.

flying flats.jpg

flying heels.jpg

• Like 2

There is no doubt in my mind that block heels around three inches are the best option to travel in.

They provide the look of a high heel but also comfort and allow you to go several hours on your feet without wanting to rip them off due to sole pain 

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

My usual travel heels are my Sorel wedges   I just traveled from Chicago to and from Lake Tahoe thru Denver. This was one of my outfits.  I always wear some type of a Lululemon outfit with my 3 “ wedges. C419C085-C52A-4C74-A1C7-02128E1700E2.thumb.jpeg.a49607c48fb508771b55e5ff2836a2d2.jpeg6335E662-8682-4B3E-AC0D-00A7F04601A1.thumb.jpeg.c41f75b498e79ed102d224048cc0b0e6.jpegFCC3E732-29B8-4388-981C-FAAEB4B62EE7.thumb.jpeg.326d78bebcc26ada12a5ed08cc6a16cd.jpeg647A5B73-C611-4C74-B993-BA456B26FAE6.thumb.jpeg.262ba98f504733aca14e037b29ef4664.jpeg7EA62661-D86C-41AB-A868-3DEF41984262.thumb.jpeg.4dfa439d13556e82a7d58bc3ddd688b0.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CAT said:

My usual travel heels are my Sorel wedges   I just traveled from Chicago to and from Lake Tahoe thru Denver. This was one of my outfits.  I always wear some type of a Lululemon outfit with my 3 “ wedges. C419C085-C52A-4C74-A1C7-02128E1700E2.thumb.jpeg.a49607c48fb508771b55e5ff2836a2d2.jpeg6335E662-8682-4B3E-AC0D-00A7F04601A1.thumb.jpeg.c41f75b498e79ed102d224048cc0b0e6.jpegFCC3E732-29B8-4388-981C-FAAEB4B62EE7.thumb.jpeg.326d78bebcc26ada12a5ed08cc6a16cd.jpeg647A5B73-C611-4C74-B993-BA456B26FAE6.thumb.jpeg.262ba98f504733aca14e037b29ef4664.jpeg7EA62661-D86C-41AB-A868-3DEF41984262.thumb.jpeg.4dfa439d13556e82a7d58bc3ddd688b0.jpeg

Surprised nobody or woman specifically don’t give you giggling smile noticing your brand of leggings. 

Often when wearing leggings woman notice I’m wearing same style colour as they own. They become giddy or need to laugh or vent what they are observing. Sometimes can’t believe it needing to comment to others what there observing. 

Added to fact you wear wedges with high socks gets smiling cute reactions from many ladies. 

In my case I try to analyze woman’s reactions of me seeing if they find my outfit silly or envious and cute. 

If I see woman laugh at me instantly know they are closed minded and find my outfit silly foR man to be styling.

Other reactions from ladies of smirks surprised stares tell me they sort of like it yet shocked seeing it working on male. 

Dont wear wedges but navy blue combat leather designer boots which attracts intrigued attention away from my leggings but my boots. I can tell when woman like them or are envious of my boots. 

Often I keep my cache of lululemon leggings I wear in the gym. While on the street skinny female jeans,  jeggings. 

E5EE4BA8-A3BA-4D3A-80B5-05565673945F.jpeg

As you can see I try not showing the waistband with logo in the back. Gets more laughs from the ladies when they are intrigued with any leggings I’m wearing. Better keep them guessing when wearing ladies leggings what brand etc..  Somehow when woman aren’t sure what style or brand you have on or gender it’s made for, they are less likely to express a laugh out loud or OmG! 

Yet the reverse is true when I see a lady in same leggings i own. My reaction is noticeable different wide eyed stare with disbelief . While I say nothing or giggle nor laugh woman wearing there leggings feel i’m  infatuated with them. Only if they knew that I wear or own the same clothes and shoes as they do. 

18F29B03-6E80-4558-A5F3-5CB274B2399B.jpeg

Often find it unfair with opposite reactions when I wear same misty merlot or figue coloured leggings  woman tend to be a gashed. While woman wearing it is cute and fun. 

At least in the gym same people see every time so reactions are mute. Only when I wear something new or matched complimentary outfit woman tend to envy stare longer. Suppose I take that as positive compliment that they like my choice of outfit yet stay quite. Stoic stare no smirk or giggle even wide eye expression observing me I know ladies who seen me before love my outfit. To bad they can’t say kind word or two. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

I would have to say that I have had stares on my travels in the leggings and wedges. No comments but you can tell a nice approving glance to a omg are you kidding glance.  BUT I could care less.  What I will tell you is I have great comments and conversations when I’m wearing a skirt and 6inch heels.   Can’t figure that out,,,,, maybe I need to wear a skirt and heels on my next flight!!!!     I also have several (a lot)  Lulu speed tights and the logo is on the left side calf.   Again I have no problem have someone see I’m in Lulu that is marketed to women but when worn properly can look just as good on a guy.  I can’t tell you how may times I have gone into the handful of Lulu stores in my area that the staff knows me and and I have not been in leggings.    I have never had a bad experience with or without my GF   

personally I'd go with a pump because I can slip them on or off effortlessly. If security wants my heels off - as has happened on several occasions then I can just step out of them and hand them over, It would be more awkward if I had straps/buckles, zips or laces etc. Height around 4 inches is fine for me for all day - and same for travel. In terms of heel I have very few block/thicker heels and almost no platfoms so its a skinnier heel I choose.

During the flight I can slip my feet out of my shoes if I want to stretch etc. I don't wear stockings on short flights - although I have worn ambra 20 denier thigh highs on long haul because they are recommended for air crew as hosiery and good for circulation. 

High heels are only a nuisance if I have to use the stairs at an airport to board/disgorge from a plane, then its just one of those situations you have to deal with as a heel wearer - and then personally I'm more concerned about my skirt/hemline on stairs in a crowd. Slick floors in airports are no different than a mall so theres nothing to be bothered with - and as far as carrying or lifting luggage - well high heels make carrying and lifting anything more difficult - but not impossible.

Use the services provided, luggage trolleys are there for  reason, everything has wheels so its easy to use with heels, floors and pavements at airports are always high heel friendly (perhaps not in way out back places), and I get the shuttles to a rental car, or if they offer to bring the car up then I'll accept, same as if I get offered a hand to balance stepping somewhere I will graciously accept because its awkward for both parties if I decline.

Similarly I have asked for help lifting heavy cases when I am in heels, and it really does help to be helped - eg try loading a sedan car boot with heavy cases when you're in a skirt and 4-5 inch heels... its quite hard to put the case in front of you and its riskier on my lower back than if I took my heels off. (and I always avoid taking my heels off - but I'm not stupid - if I have to I will, but it is seldom that I need to. Usually there is always a way to get stuff done without any inconvenience, and often I get helped, by men and women, and I kind of like that, Mind you I also reciprocate whenever I can too.

I suppose my ramblings are saying - or mean to say that I have found I can wear whatever I would wear in a normal situation just fine for travelling. The only exception would be if the destination was a ski resort, or a really small provincial airport without pavements etc.

6 hours ago, CAT said:

I would have to say that I have had stares on my travels in the leggings and wedges. No comments but you can tell a nice approving glance to a omg are you kidding glance.  BUT I could care less.  What I will tell you is I have great comments and conversations when I’m wearing a skirt and 6inch heels.   Can’t figure that out,,,,, maybe I need to wear a skirt and heels on my next flight!!!!     I also have several (a lot)  Lulu speed tights and the logo is on the left side calf.   Again I have no problem have someone see I’m in Lulu that is marketed to women but when worn properly can look just as good on a guy.  I can’t tell you how may times I have gone into the handful of Lulu stores in my area that the staff knows me and and I have not been in leggings.    I have never had a bad experience with or without my GF   

Cat  i'm glad your not oblivious to reading people's glances and reactions onto your leggings and wedges. Impressed by your cavalier careless attitude for those disapproving of the outfit. My question is how you ignore them with the giggles, laughter or incessant derogatory commentary?

My view and experience is wear leggings as best as i can with latest styles colours i can find.  Like you i don't hide the logo on the left calf. Woman if fashion educated know i'm wearing feminine leggings with colours to match and contrast with. With many glances from woman  about my appearance brings them smirks of the style i bring on daily visits to the gym. Even if woman disapprove of a male wearing feminine clothes they can't help themselves encountering me and smile thinking this guy is so bold wishing them to look as good in yoga outfits. Woman understand they are being scrutinized wearing whatever they want. Yet woman feel self conscious walking by, knowing i'm critical of them as they do it to me. Often see woman hike up there leggings passing by feeling they just don't measure up to me at least in their eyes. Thus they feel envy anguish, jealousy demoralized to even compete with the likes of myself. 

• 2 weeks later...