Best heels to travel in?

Hi everyone,

I’m travelling soon from Australia to Florida and am interested in wearing my heels for the trip. My only query is what sort would be best to negotiate the many airport security checkpoints you have to go through. Anyone here worn their heels on a long haul flight? If so what were they and what was your general attire?

Edited by LovinHeels
Spelling
  • Like 1

Since shoes often come off and on at security checkpoints I always wear pull on knee high boots.  Unfortunately the OTK boots have to stay home.  

8779EE12-C9DC-4D19-AB79-A2C43737B7EC.thumb.jpeg.2b5de817ff202602568dd698aa8edce7.jpeg

Edited by p1ng74
Redundant word
  • Like 2

I wear standard  pumps cause I can step out of them if need be - although I have only had to take my heels off twice out of heaps of flights. You know - no buckles, straps, zips or laces - just the low vamp pump. Heel around 4 inches, or whatever you're comfy with.

They can be worn with trousers/pants or a skirt

You can slip your feet out of them easily on the plane.

• Like 1

My Madden Girl Motorcycle boots.  I have to take them off because of the zipper and buckles but I can run in them. They have 4 inch heels. I flew USA to Aussie land and back, north to south america, ... long haul flights.

I did all my last travels with my Oxford 14cm Cuban heels( from Extremehh)

it doesn't take too long for undoing the laces at the security.They are very stable.and easy to walk in despite of the slope when embarking or disembarking.The  surfaces in airports are generally easy to walk.Only the distances  could be tiresomely  

i dont try to hide these shoes anymore with flare jeans. Skinny ones give a better figure in my opinion 

the tips preferably must be silent and not slippery 

AND!: always carry a pair of flat with you! Never know. 

LovinHeels,

Since you're going from Australian summer to Florida which is about as warm as northern Australia in the fall might I suggest wearing sandals. You could wear some wedges which are easily taken off and your footwear will look more typical at the destination. Florida is the one place (parts of Texas may also fit this situation) in the lower 48 states where sandals are  common in January. You are certainly going to want to wear sandals once you get to Florida so why not wear them on the plane? Just a thought. HinH

Thanks HinH, agree with you on the weather. I was just thinking comfort and lots of walking for the plane trip. Sandals could be an option,  once I arrive. I have these denim blue block heels I could bring them with me. Or go shopping for some in Orlando! :cheeky::fine:

• Like 1

First pic red heels look great. Understand the red t-shirt to compliment the heels. Find another blouse to dress up the outfit. 

Grey tunic works but may I suggest this Tunic only the hem  splits along the hips. Also fit is snug countours your lines of the body, just flows better. Rather looking to box shape often men’s shirts do that. 

White dress shirt works but try to accessorize it with a vest or short moto jacket of some kind. 

Thanks for sharing gives everyone ideas of what we wear out in public. 

Let us know the reactions you get. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback. After I uploaded the pics I realised I couldn’t walk the distances you have to when travelling. So for me, my red Steve Maddens will not come with me. If I could I would!  The boots are much better to walk in.  

MackyHeels I like your idea. That tunic would work with a black long cardigan I have. Sleeveless things I stay away from because I don’t want to show muscular arms when trying to be feminine, but with a black long sleeve cardigan it would look ok I reckon.

For long range international travel, I would go with a nice pair of wedge booties that are comfortable for walking and easy to remove

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Lovinheels,

I think some wedge sandals will work best at both ends of the trip. If you wore boots I doubt your feet would be comfortable in the higher temperatures. I saw a forecast for South Florida which showed, after a brief cooldown, high temperatures expected to reach 80-83F (27-28C) by Wednesday. Definitely not boot weather. Wedges are the best for walking stability and ventilation on trips, whether shopping trips in warmer weather or longer international trips. Yes, a cardigan may work well for you particularly of temperatures in Florida are somewhat cooler by your arrival. I have worn cardigans in afternoon temperatures as warm as 75F (24C) because I know how quickly it cools down in the U.S. in January after sunset no matter where you are. You'll figure it out. HappyinHeels

Thanks for the feedback. Never bought any wedges, never been that keen on them... might change my thinking on this. Food for thought. 

Maybe I’ll post some of my sandals I have. See what you all think.

Edited by LovinHeels
Update

3 hours ago, LovinHeels said:

Thanks for the feedback. Never bought any wedges, never been that keen on them... might change my thinking on this. Food for thought. 

Maybe I’ll post some of my sandals I have. See what you all think.

Agree about wedges too - I never liked them, but the last few years have had a turn around! They are very comfortable generally, you still get the height, and sometimes more than heels, because they will have a platform sometimes... and often have that s-ex appeal too! 

BTW, Love those block heels boots and the red stilettos! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Lovinheels,

I think some wedge sandals will work best at both ends of the trip. If you wore boots I doubt your feet would be comfortable in the higher temperatures. I saw a forecast for South Florida which showed, after a brief cooldown, high temperatures expected to reach 80-83F (27-28C) by Wednesday. Definitely not boot weather. 

Just depends on what you are used to.  I am comfortable in knee high boots all through the summer here in Texas and it gets well over 100.  It is to be determined if I will do the same with my OTK boots or if that is going overboard...

On 1/17/2019 at 1:45 PM, LovinHeels said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. After I uploaded the pics I realised I couldn’t walk the distances you have to when travelling. So for me, my red Steve Maddens will not come with me. If I could I would!  The boots are much better to walk in.  

MackyHeels I like your idea. That tunic would work with a black long cardigan I have. Sleeveless things I stay away from because I don’t want to show muscular arms when trying to be feminine, but with a black long sleeve cardigan it would look ok I reckon.

Try wearing long sleeve shirt underneath. Understand not wanting to show off your arms wearing woman’s wear. 

Tunic with shirt underneath

Thanks MackyHeels, i’ll give it some thought. 

Here is another pic of a different option for travelling.... bit plain, but nice and casual for the flight. Happy to get your thoughts. I have my low block heeled sandals from Nine West. I’m thinking I might need to shave my legs for this option. 8)

3EE1BB70-EFA4-4255-A071-0F0B8E78B7C2.jpeg