Wow look at this dude's moves

jeremy1986

Cool moves - just goes to show that if you can do it, you can do it in heels.  

Poor firearms handling though.  Switching hands to rack the slide is ineffective.  Plus the first thing I noticed about him was the uneven sagging boot shafts.  Perhaps it only stayed on his body because it was an unloaded plastic gun... 

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tech said:

This is NOT a good video, not by a long shot.... Do we really want to give kudos to anything that re-enforces stereotypes?

That's a good point for discussion.... just tagged you to see if we can allow a poster to edit their own posts?

p1ng74,

We carried Sig Sauer .40 guns when I was working and whenever you ran out the slide auto-locked to the rear. A right-handed person would use their right thumb to eject the magazine, load the next magazine from a magazine holder with your left hand and pop it in then using the same left hand release the slide thus charging the gun for next firing. The right hand maintained control of the gun the whole time with the gun pointed down range. That's the routine law enforcement way for handguns of this type. There are ways to reload under duress but with one hand that's another story. HinH

7 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

p1ng74,

We carried Sig Sauer .40 guns when I was working and whenever you ran out the slide auto-locked to the rear. A right-handed person would use their right thumb to eject the magazine, load the next magazine from a magazine holder with your left hand and pop it in then using the same left hand release the slide thus charging the gun for next firing. The right hand maintained control of the gun the whole time with the gun pointed down range. That's the routine law enforcement way for handguns of this type. There are ways to reload under duress but with one hand that's another story. HinH

Always handy to know! ;-)

I think anyone who put in some 30 years in law enforcement can probably give you some good insight into the handling of guns. We qualified with the .40 semi-automatic, the standard issue 12-guage police shotgun, and an M-4 rifle which was the replacement for the M-16 which was a military staple for years. I had also qualified with various Glock weapons, and H+K .40 semi-automatic, and an M-16 when I was in the Border Patrol in 1980's. Weapons can vary by department. Long guns at distances greater than 200 metres was always my comfort zone and lying down to shoot a full can of stale beer at 400 metres was the most fun. Shooting beyond this range requires calculating certain other things and it becomes quite a science unto itself. HinH

• Like 1

Sounds like fun. Many, many years ago - when I was in my teens - I was quite into target shooting and loved my annual autumn dabble in trap shooting in the contests our village used to put on. I have very fond recollections of all that, four of us kids walking five miles along these leafy country roads with a double-barrel 20 gauge with we would take turns using. Different world back then...  

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

p1ng74,

Exactly - I have seen and practiced this enough times now that when I see someone juggling the handgun like in this video it sticks out like a sore thumb, and it was a bit of contrast to the proficient somersault...

• 2 weeks later...

I realise that a good portion of this forum are based in the US, but can I just say how unexcited, unimpressed, and, honestly, how farcical, those of us from more civilised nations find your obsession with guns? Wear what you like, fashion never hurt anything more than feelings :cheeky:

22 minutes ago, Jura said:

I realise that a good portion of this forum are based in the US, but can I just say how unexcited, unimpressed, and, honestly, how farcical, those of us from more civilised nations find your obsession with guns? Wear what you like, fashion never hurt anything more than feelings :cheeky:

I regularly use a firearm to kill.  They are not toys, and I hope that those who “play” with them as such have opportunities to develop healthier instincts regarding guns.  I don’t know if this is any worse in the US than elsewhere.  The “playing with guns” culture seems to be just as prevalent in civilized countries with complete ban on firearms.  

Even the use of firearms in fashion provokes some thought to what the overall message is.  Lady Gaga’s gun bra comes to mind...

Or this.

HANDGUN-71_BSOF_PAIR_BIG%20IMAGE.jpg

Yes it will draw attention, and what is the message?

Jura,

You entirely missed the point. The conversation was on the contrast between his acrobatic moves and his poor gun handling. Proper firearms handling is important even in the liberal circles of the European Union. Law enforcement personnel in ALL nations, regardless of ideology, spend a lot of time training on proper technique so that civilised people such as yourself can be safe. Certainly the U.S. has a gun culture but you made something political out of what we simply recognised as bad firearms technique. As a recently retired federal law enforcement officer I know what I am talking about and that's the reason I explained how we did things. The only alternative to safety is ignorance and that gets people hurt or killed. We're just commenting on what we see based upon our experience or career. HappyinHeels

• Like 1