Facebook

krazyhusband

Just curious to see how many people on here have Facebook and announced that they wear heels.  It would be kinda cool to add some people as friends from here to Facebook so that our friends and or family can see that there are other people who enjoy wearing heels. Does this make sense. 

Edited by krazyhusband
Spelling mistake

Yes I have a Facebook account.

No way in hell I'm announcing I wear heels on it.

I'm hoping the pictures of me on the benefactors  web site from this last summers Walk a Mile event don't show up anywhere related to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Heelster said:

Yes I have a Facebook account.

No way in hell I'm announcing I wear heels on it.

I'm hoping the pictures of me on the benefactors  web site from this last summers Walk a Mile event don't show up anywhere related to me.

I announced it about 2 years ago. Was nervous typing it and then was really nervous hitting the share button.  Sure a few people stopped talking to me and a lot of people were happy and congratulated me on the announcement. 

• Like 1

I never, never, never put personal info on Facebook....   Don't trust zuckerputz and his clones (spys???) .....   Technology is going to kill us all....  

Smile.....  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Facebook?   Never bought into social media, aware how links can cost you contracts. I have also had personnel directors tell me NOT to have social media accounts.

When you always have heels on you have no need to announce you wear heels.  Frankly I get more interest when I don't have heels on

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cali said:

Facebook?   Never bought into social media, aware how links can cost you contracts. I have also had personnel directors tell me NOT to have social media accounts.

Conversely having some personnel director tell me not to do something in my private time would be just the thing that would make me do it. 

• Like 1

I participate in online forums such as this but only have one social media in my name, a twitter account that I rarely use and only for my techno-hobby stuff.  I have never nor will ever have a facebook account.  That is the first place HR types look when you apply for a job and regularly spy on you from then until they fire you and for a period after that.  I don't give any of those types any satisfaction of finding me. 

Honestly I can't give 1 cap for Facebook, don't have an account,  never had never will. Twitter either. I just don't get the need for watching or seeing others doing nothing important. 

I do enjoy direct forums like this since they are subject based.

I have an "anonymous" Facebook account (I gave as few details as possible, but it knows my IP thus a lot) that I created to transfer the spiderman video game results my son got, from a phone to another.

I find it handy: I use it to connect to several websites. It avoids creating new profiles and passwords on each. On the downside, it records all my activity on these sites.

In comparison, my google (gmail) "anonymous" account tracks from where I connect and when different, it will lock the account and only accept to unlock it by sending a SMS to a valid phone number. Since I lost the 2 fisrt accounts this way, I can only connect to this account from home.

There are some things that Facebook is good for, and many things that it does not work so well for.  I have used FB since May 2004.  That was when FB was invite-only and exclusive to just a few university networks.  I was in college getting my Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at the time, and my friend was doing the same at Harvard with Mark.  I was at the right place at the right time to see and use FB for its originally intended purpose.  14.5 years later, I still use FB for what it is good for, and throughout the years it has never replaced what I do on other sites like these forums and HHP.

I feel like Facebook is good for its namesake: a book of faces of people you have physically met that you can continue to attach a name and other connections to.  It’s like a digital yearbook.  In college it was a way to grow connections with all the new people that you see every day going to different classes, etc.  This does not mean I object to interacting with other people in an anonymous way, as I have been continuing to do that since the BBS and Usenet days of 1995, and I highly value our interactions here at HHP.  But I only accept friend requests on FB from people whom I have met face to face or highly expect to meet soon.  Don’t take personal offense - it’s the way I use and have gotten value from FB for 14.5 years.  

That said, all content I post on FB is publicly accessible, as this has been how I have personally treated my FB content since the beginning in 2004.  If you know where to find me you can “stalk” me.  You may be disappointed, though, to find that there is no announcement pertaining the heels there, as that doesn’t accomplish anything for me.  Like @Cali, my motivation is actually going out in public wearing heels.  

Edited by p1ng74
Changed confusing double negative

I think in the early days of one's public heeling journey, one is tempted to place far more emphasis on the fact and phenomenon of it than what it actually deserves. Do not be tempted to make such an announcement on Facebook. Not only will it not do what you hope it will do, it is just simply a waste of mental energy. What you actually want is for people to forget that you wear heels all the time every now and then. Just wear the heels, as often as possible, as well as possible. Don't draw special attention to it. People will accept you, eventually.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I think in the early days of one's public heeling journey, one is tempted to place far more emphasis on the fact and phenomenon of it than what it actually deserves. Do not be tempted to make such an announcement on Facebook. Not only will it not do what you hope it will do, it is just simply a waste of mental energy. What you actually want is for people to forget that you wear heels all the time every now and then. Just wear the heels, as often as possible, as well as possible. Don't draw special attention to it. People will accept you, eventually.

Agree with this, and I have been planning to “sneak” heels into my office attire based on this approach.  I had planned to do it in a couple weeks, but now I don’t feel like waiting anymore and just doing it Monday.  

I do not have a personal facebook that can't be connected to me as person, got one for my two purring kittys, but I'm member in one secret heel-group there where I show my collection for equals ;)

Edited by swedeheeler

Facebook, if you got it and whether you like it or not, is your advertisement board to the rest of the world. And that excludes the advertising information it gets from you as well. You get a new relation, chances are your new girlfriend will check your profile, you apply for a new job, chances are if the company is interested they will check your profile. So make sure your profile reflects how you want to present yourself to the rest of the world.

I recently saw an episode of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (fit skimpy clad girls jumping around, what's not to like?), and one of the applicants was basically fired over pictures she posted of herself while drunk. She was a good dancer, nothing wrong, but they checked her social media profile and bam! Damage done. Make sure your profile reflects how you want to present yourself to the rest of the world!

I am on Facebook and find it to be useful . Great for getting in touch with family , class mates for reunions or social groups with the same interests . I have also had people see me in heels on Facebook and most have just passed by some have spoken a word or two . You put your life on Facebook you better have thick skin . One in here stated you are advertising yourself , I could not agree more .  For me the benefits are endless for others not so much .  

• Like 2

I have enjoyed reading the spectrum of commentary about Facebook. Whilst it may have appeared a valuable tool for old friends or military buddies to find me I believe, in light of revelations over the past few years of the abuse of privacy which Facebook has engaged in, my decision to never start a Facebook account was indeed a wise one. I can find high school classmates via the class website and many others I can find using investigative techniques I learned over a career. Maninpumps makes valid points on Facebook's usefulness and recognises that usefulness may not extend to others. Personally, Facebook strikes me the same way Google, and Apple, and the other tech giants do as sorts of futuristic octopi with their tentacles in every personal crevice. Since I have no use for Facebook I agree with Cali, Shyheels, JKrenzer, and dww. There are others who have Facebook accounts but who clarify its use by paying particular attention to what you put on there and I agree with those sentiments as well. I love simple and for me if I don't have an account then life is that much simpler.   Works for some but not for me. HappyinHeels 

Edited by HappyinHeels
remove word
  • Like 4

Agree. I have never had an account and as time goes by I am happier and happier with that original decision. I have a website on which I advertise my photographic work and I have professional representation as well and so never had any need for the advertising qualities of Facebook. 

I too love simple. 

If you want one perspective on what the inside of the tech goliath is like then take a look at this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/facebook-culture-cult-performance-review-process-blamed.html

It supports what I've learned over the past four years. A supposedly progressive (left-leaning) beacon of creativity and entrepreneurship for the world is actually a stifling place to work seething with discontent. Zuckerberg and his cohorts are drowning in their own hypocrisy. When one decides not to open a Facebook one is denying food to the beast. 

Tip of the day: Ever wonder how millions of IP addresses around the world were accumulated and later distributed??? Not through millions of court orders or declarations of any national emergency. Nope. It was largely done via those funny-looking revolving antennas on the Google cars used to make Google Earth. They drive by and vacuum up all the open wifi connection information including IP address and a company called MaxMind then maps it all and distributes it. While some cars do photograph new areas much of that imagery in Google Earth was actually provided by other sources such as different nations' geography bureaus, forestry satellites, agricultural surveys, etc. and then stitched together.   The IP addresses are used to target ads at all those who are using their "free" services. I used to have a wifi then changed all our connections to a hardwire system. Using a proxy device also helps keep a lid on all the snooping. It's gotten way out of hand and people need to get their head out of the sand. 2019 is here and, yes, there is some similarity to the world depicted in the 1986 film "Running Man" to what I see today. Stay alert and informed, but not afraid, and you can devise strategies to simplify your life and minimise stress. :wink: HappyinHeels  

• Like 1

I was amused to read the other day that the cabinet minister in Japan who is in charge of computer security had never used a computer and did not even know what a memory stick was. Whatever he may lack in technical nous it can’t be argued that his communications - all on typewriter, apparently - must be the most secure in Japan. 

• Like 1

While I use a MacBook Pro laptop for much of my writing at home, I also do rely quite a bit on my Moleskin notebooks and a pencil. On writing assignments they are all I take. Utterly reliable, secure, lightweight and never require recharging! 

Edited by Shyheels

Unless you're French in which case it's AZERTY. Other languages also differ.

In the new film "Colette" they actually got this detail correct. They used a typewriter with an AZERTY keyboard.