YT: Why don´t more men wear high heels?

Hansi1973

It’s the saying what comes first chicken or the egg. 

Gay guys go through prejudice and hardship because of there desires beliefs with the same gender. So putting out a video wearing heels isn’t any different people mistreating or bias of them being unique. 

Straight guy doesn’t want to rock the boat or create headache around his proclivity of female fashions particularly heels. 

In fact many straight men hide the fact of wearing heels. Being seen in heels alows others to assume he must be gay also. Only because the community welcomes Cd’s so if your seen displaying female heels on  social media lgays gravitate towards you. Like it or not whenever a man dares to wear feminine fashions he is boxed into a group and community namely GLBQ. 

Thoughts of my own to post some photos, videos on IG such as have in this forum. Only reason I don’t is people who are sitting on the fence may believe i’m positively “Gay”. Once people make up there mind then doors close making life harder then it should be. Only because of me wearing a provactive tight short dress  and stiletto heels. Although it would be fun knowing I could push boundaries where this forum outlaws such sexy images. 

Edited by MackyHeels

45 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

The fact that they are gay will, on its own, be enough to reinforce the stereotype, I'm afraid.  It isn't like there are a lot of similar videos out there made by straight guys - they are nearly all done by gays, so it is kind of a double hit. No straight-guy videos, loads of gay-guy videos - what is a person on the sidelines to think?  Especially with the stereotype already there, and going strong.

When I search “men high heels” in YouTube there is a mixture.  Yes, gay might be over represented but it is not a lost cause.  What I think there is opportunity for is showing true normalized  heel wearing - not this click bait “I tried X for 24 hours” thing that might be entertaining but not all that inspiring.  I’d be willing to put together something myself given a sufficiently clever idea but maybe YT is not the right place for it.  Perhaps just doing what we are doing, wearing our heels day in and out for others to see in the real world, is the best approach.  

I think that is the best approach by far. You Tube by its very nature is about spectacle - and anything that emphasise men wearing heels as spectacle, whether by straight men or gay, is not exactly going to advance the idea very far in anyone's mind. It will only reinforce the idea that men in heels is a spectacle, comical, unreal, a bit of make-believe, nothing to take seriously. 

1 hour ago, MackyHeels said:

In fact many straight men hide the fact of wearing heels. Being seen in heels alows others to assume he must be gay also. Only because the community welcomes Cd’s so if your seen displaying female heels on  social media lgays gravitate towards you. Like it or not whenever a man dares to wear feminine fashions he is boxed into a group and community namely GLBQ. 

When I was in high school, merely not having a girlfriend at any given moment was enough reason for guys to assume you are gay.  That shallow view of masculinity needs to be left behind.  I encourage any straight man who still makes daily decisions based on whether it makes they seem “gay” to quit being afraid and man up.  There are now entire professions (musicians, artists, nurses, teachers, clergy, etc) no longer staffed by men because of flawed views of masculinity.  I have two teenage sons and I hope they see too that I do what I think is good, rather than fear what other people might assume.  

Of all the reasons one might give me to not wear heels, the fear of being labeled gay will be the last one to make an impact on me.  

42 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

When I was in high school, merely not having a girlfriend at any given moment was enough reason for guys to assume you are gay.  That shallow view of masculinity needs to be left behind.  I encourage any straight man who still makes daily decisions based on whether it makes they seem “gay” to quit being afraid and man up.  There are now entire professions (musicians, artists, nurses, teachers, clergy, etc) no longer staffed by men because of flawed views of masculinity.  I have two teenage sons and I hope they see too that I do what I think is good, rather than fear what other people might assume.  

Of all the reasons one might give me to not wear heels, the fear of being labeled gay will be the last one to make an impact on me.  

Wearing heels on it's own isn't the problem but flaunting or making bigger deal by posting videos photos for many people to view at any given time is the question.

People take what it's worth Prince Harry having three fingers showing off his wedding band to group of people. Yet a side profile photo shows only one middle finger which gives wrong impression on how he behaved.

Like you wrote better off wear them heels and let people see in person rather a video or photo online. 

Yesterday as i was leaving office building walking up metal open staircase staggered in design. So everyone can look above or below and through the stairs to see others. One group of young 20 something females we're making there way down noticing me in passing overhearing OMG!. As i walked upon the next segment of steps i seen the reaction of one young woman pausing frozen looking upon me, with  open mouth, wide eyed. Suppose it was the shock of seeing a male in dark jeggings and leather block heel ankle booties she never seen before. As i made my way out there was another female group noticing me wide eyed following my every step out the door. Looking upon Video's photos online don't have the same cache or impact for someone then seeing it in the flesh. Way to easy to ignore imagery off your phone or PC and not think about it. While observing someone in person begins a debate discussion criticisms that otherwise would never happen. 

Find the Hangover is good movie mocking the notion or assumptions people have of gay style or demeanour. Mr. Chow in the movie mocks or silently labeled assumed as gay but shocks the audience and actors once he announces he is married with a woman for long time. Confused why others are so stunned or surprised at his marred status.

Edited by MackyHeels

5 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Ditto. I se no harm whatever in being labelled gay and would not be offended by it in the least. I happen not to be gay. I also happen not to be Norwegian, able to play the harmonica, speak Russian, or do brain surgery but if perfect strangers take it upon themselves to assume that I do, or am, any of those things, what do I care? No skin of my nose. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Ditto. I se no harm whatever in being labelled gay and would not be offended by it in the least. I happen not to be gay. I also happen not to be Norwegian, able to play the harmonica, speak Russian, or do brain surgery but if perfect strangers take it upon themselves to assume that I do, or am, any of those things, what do I care? No skin of my nose. 

Exactly, I have dealt with this my whole life.  Being Chinese here most people assume I am good at math and know karate.  Most of the assumptions are true, while others are aspirational to various degrees...

Stereotypes are funny....   I am on the tall side, 6ft 3in....   All my life folks sssumed that I was good at basketball. I don’t really care about sports at all, including b-ball.  But with my long legs I was good at track.  

And I am good at wearing high (well not to high) heels....  Have fun....  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I knew a guy once who was seven feet tall - perfectly proportioned, too, you'd never guess his height at a distance if he was standing on his own - and he told me how everybody wanted him on their basketball team because he simply had  to be great. How could he miss, being that tall. Apparently he was just terrible at it. 

I do agree, same old stuff with gay guys acting silly and showing off for the attention.  But their comments at the end were refreshing - that it's just a heel on a shoe and the shoe does not have a gender.  My guess is, however, not everyone will make it to the end.