YT: Why don´t more men wear high heels?

Hansi1973

A few days ago, the HUFFPOST published a video on youtube:

One of the SYRO-guys says:  "in my lifetime, I would be shocked if straight CiS gender men start wearing high heel shoes."

=> THEN BE SHOCKED! :-P

Edited by Tech
Youtube link removed. Might be temporary
  • Like 1

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

I do not think so! And I am wondering why they did not make a market survey to find out, how to increase their business!

If they have only gay guys as potential customers in mind - they are limiting their sales! There are not even straight guys who like to wear heels - there are alos woman with big feet who might find interesting shoes in their portfolio.

Sometimes it is carzy, that especially gay guys who are expecting an open-minded society are so narrow-minded! :-?

I have expressed my opinion on this matter elsewhere, so I will keep this short.  Not every guy who wears high heels is homosexual.  There - done.  

Many "open minded' folks do tend to be very closed minded, strange indeed.  

Merry Christmas all....  Now get out in your heels, I did yesterday....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

It seems the video is trying to make the point that the reason guys don’t wear heels is because people are generally not open minded enough to accept it yet.  However, based on our positive experiences wearing heels in public, I don’t think that is true.  I think the biggest barrier nowadays is accessibility.  If heels were available to men on their side of the store, a lot more people would try, buy, and wear them.  We would probably find a lot more people like me, who kind of stumbled upon the pleasures of wearing heels by accident.  

14 hours ago, Cali said:

But would we have same variety I now enjoy with women's heels? I'm a lucky US size 10.

Yes I am lucky too, and even if they made heels for men nothing will beat being able to shop on either side of the store.  But most men, even with the lucky smaller foot sizes, don’t even think about shopping in the women’s side.  I was that way for my entire life... until 2 months ago.  

On the other hand, in Western wear stores it is very common for a salesperson to walk a women over to the men’s side to get correct fitting boots if they have the larger, wider feet that fit them.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

On the other hand, in Western wear stores it is very common for a salesperson to walk a women over to the men’s side to get correct fitting boots if they have the larger, wider feet that fit them.

And I have the narrow heels that fit women's shoes.

• Like 1

I watched the video and concluded no straight man will be convinced to give heels a try based upon this dynamic duo. They are convinced that cisgender men will never try heels in their lifetime. Firstly, the two are very young so they have a dearth of life experience. Secondly, they live in a gay urban bubble and do not seem to grasp the bigger picture. Thirdly, their company's selections are not attractive looking nor very affordable. They essentially did nothing to encourage heterosexual men to want to wear high heels. They did everything to promote the gay community and reinforce the notion that heels are paired with either femininity or homosexuality. Well done guys!

When any one of us heterosexual guys goes shopping, does errands, or simply has a conversation with fellow human beings while wearing our heels we all do more to convince others we are doing our thing, enjoying our lives, and perhaps encouraging other men to do the same thing. And doing it with no apparent agenda. Going to the Bata Shoe Museum might be a much better idea. Especially if you visit it in heels. :fine: HappyinHeels

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

When any one of us heterosexual guys goes shopping, does errands, or simply has a conversation with fellow human beings while wearing our heels we all do more to convince others we are doing our thing, enjoying our lives, and perhaps encouraging other men to do the same thing. And doing it with no apparent agenda. Going to the Bata Shoe Museum might be a much better idea. Especially if you visit it in heels. :fine: HappyinHeels

YES! BOOTS ON THE GROUND - and I mean boots with at least 3" heels! :cheeky:

We will not change the world, but we can try to let more peope know, that even straight guys like to walk on high heels.

Just two examples from my local community:

1. business cards

20181203_204107b0d0d.jpg

Those cards can be shared with sales clerks, persons who likes to chat with us, colleagues, friend, etc. to show them: "No, I  am not weird! And I am not the only on with this uncommon interest in high heeled shoes!"

2. real life meetings & events:

20181201_150156y3e33.jpg

This is a picture from our Christmas-Market-Event at Mannheim (DEC, 1st 2018) -  am the one with the nude pumps in front.

• Like 3

Sadly folks Google has complained about this thread and has withdrawn advertising in this thread due to "Sexually suggestive content" or "Links to it".

Annoyingly, they never ever tell you exactly what the problem is, so its up to me to "Go take a guess"...

So have removed the highly unnecessary photo of Mike and if the problem still persists, then the link to the YouTube video may need to go too...

16 minutes ago, Hansi1973 said:

Those cards can be shared with sales clerks, persons who likes to chat with us, colleagues, friend, etc. to show them: "No, I  am not weird! And I am not the only on with this uncommon interest in high heeled shoes!"

If you really need to hand out "Business cards" to tell people "I'm not weird", then you kind of are, instantly. The best thing anybody can do is just do their own thing as if its an every day normality. The more you make a "thing" of it, the more weird it gets.

• Like 1

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

The main reason is not, to explain and legitimate our point of view - but to get in contact and may let them know more about our "movement".

We are doing it not (only) for fun or to attract attention, because we lost a bet or like to demonstrate our support i.e. "walk a mile in her shoes". No - we are doing it FOR US! If someone likes to know more about us, he/she/... has the possibility to learn more about us.

We had many contacts in the past, where people asked us "what are you doing?" "is it a flashmob?". And the brought us to the idea, to create cards with the link to out platform/ forum, to give them the chance to find out more about us and to get in contact. That´s it!

If someone believes, al heels-wearing guys are gay - we could even print it on big posters, it would not turn his mind.

22 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Glad that they are at least showing men in heels despite there sexual gender or outlandish taste in fashion. 

Telling the truth that having pessimistic attitude onto male society of observing a trend men wearing heels is hopeless. 

First reason women don't want there man in heels! If they disobey then walk away from the freak in heels forever. Some of our HH place members are married once his woman asks, to refrain from wearing heels going to meet the family, he bows to her wishes. While other members here on the forum have woman that indeed  tolerate his heeling outing maybe enjoy it as much as we all do ourselves, yet it seems rare to find such woman, very extinct.

Second reason is  the topic of men who are single. Other peers will reject a man  as a friend for that guys night out party at the club. Potential single woman will find it to much or not her type  finding his outfit disgusting or very least amusing, rejecting him and his group of friends. This is difficult to accept but true woman have particular style should wear that attracts her to him, not the cologne, open collar shirt with hairy chest, accessorized with gold jewellery hanging from his neck.

We have to lead by example my first compliments wearing heels from male standpoint was two gay males. One telling me i look sexy in my heel black booties while the other smirked saying, nice boots.  Yet to receive any compliments from any woman wearing my heel booties. Although do know sometimes women are less likely to say anything about it. Assume those who did look at my appearance liked it yet never have the opportunity to tell me or may find it uncomfortable for both of us. 

Do remember one time trying on ankle block heel booties by myself in  a store. Woman came walking out of the blue, surprising me saying, nice! Wearing heels, good for you.  All awhile i was observing this older couple shopping in the women's shoe isle. The male stared upon me very oddly but his wife told him stop looking. While the man replied he's shopping for himself and trying on woman shoes. The wife said i know try not to look. 

Feels like we are living in the 50's having to present ourselves in conservative public manner always. If we deviate in our taste in masculine style we  find ourselves beaten, arrested or hospitalized for psychological disorder. Just be thankful that LBQT communities fight for  freedoms and there choice of fashion if they choose wearing heels, leggings, skinny jeans etc,  so be it. It might make straight community heel wearing males like some of us breathe easier knowing some group standing up for their rights in the workplace and government politicians are listening making laws to support such things.

Can you imagine a day being employed and wearing heels you want and the boss or company employees  can't fire you or  talk trash about your attire or very least will talk with lawyers before anything is said to you.  Got to say it, Gay community strikes fear into the world to be PC. Even someone talking negatively about others those merely standying by saying nothing are now guilty by association in our workplace.  So now anyone snickering in the workplace about my feminine clothes they can be reprimanded for such actions. Just love it that before i overheard name calling about my attire laughter, whispering now the same people shut there mouth and look the other way ignoring me. Doubt this type of corporate workplace policy would be possible without the help from discrimination of LGBQT communities and liberal PC politicians.

19 hours ago, Hansi1973 said:

We will not change the world, but we can try to let more peope know, that even straight guys like to walk on high heels.

1. business cards

This is a picture from our Christmas-Market-Event at Mannheim (DEC, 1st 2018) -  am the one with the nude pumps in front.

Great picture

7 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Can you imagine a day being employed and wearing heels you want and the boss or company employees  can't fire you or  talk trash about your attire or very least will talk with lawyers before anything is said to you.  Got to say it, Gay community strikes fear into the world to be PC. Even someone talking negatively about others those merely standying by saying nothing are now guilty by association in our workplace.  So now anyone snickering in the workplace about my feminine clothes they can be reprimanded for such actions. Just love it that before i overheard name calling about my attire laughter, whispering now the same people shut there mouth and look the other way ignoring me. Doubt this type of corporate workplace policy would be possible without the help from discrimination of LGBQT communities and liberal PC politicians.

There is no need to wait for the politicians and lawyers.  The company I work for has pursued diversity and inclusion well beyond what is legally required, not out of fear, but because we seriously believe that diversity is essential to sustain and grow a creative and innovative workforce.  This goes far beyond workplace attire and LGBQT+, as we also focus on gender equality, and openness to different ways of working.  We specifically hire autistic people because they bring different talents and ideas into a team’s work.  It is a positive work culture where we expect people to contribute their unique personality and thrive, and if I am comfortable doing it in heels then no one can complain.  Focus on working as a team, help each other achieve goals, and we’ll find that there is no room for negativity.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SF said:

Google is a monopoly, a scary one, and needs to be broken up....  sf

It's a Christmas miracle! An economic policy statement by sf that I am actually down with! Maybe there IS hope for opposing sides to find common ground somehow. Of course, I wouldn't stop there. While we're at it, let's break up Wells Fargo, BP, and Glaxo-Kline-Smith, or whatever they're calling themselves nowadays. 

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled program. Merry Christmas to all, and Happy New Year! Whether you celebrate them or not, best wishes to you and yours!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hansi1973 said:

1. business cards

Boy, that looks like a lot of fun, wish I could have joined them

OK, so dont laugh, this is just getting stupid now. Google once again has written to me to state that this thread contains links to sexual content and is punishing the website for having links to "Sexual material" in this thread, so the only thing left to remove was the link to the YouTube video.

I'll re-submit the review and see if its ok now, but Google are getting seriously OTT with this, I get at least up to to 3 of these a month for things that really are NOT sexual or even close.

But, as the websites main source of loose change at best, we either like it or lump it. Grrr

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

A great article about the evil monolith appeared in the January edition of Internationalliving which I get each month. It laid out the same stuff I have talked about. It also mentioned alternatives to gmail like Switzerland-based Protonmail and using the search engine DuckDuckGo or DDG as an alternative to the Silicon Valley know-it-all and stick-your-nose-into- everyone's-business bully. If you want I could take a photo of it as it is not long. You could then take a photo of that and expand it to your reading pleasure. Anything to inform people of other choices. HinH

On 12/25/2018 at 2:08 PM, Tech said:

OK, so dont laugh, this is just getting stupid now. Google once again has written to me to state that this thread contains links to sexual content and is punishing the website for having links to "Sexual material" in this thread, so the only thing left to remove was the link to the YouTube video.

This may have more to do with Apple than Google. Apple has been removing App's from their App Store that it feels has too much "inappropriate" content.

A recent example would be the Blogging site known as Tumblr. It became the home of a lot of very explicit content. Surprisingly, it became the GoTo website for bored Housewives and sexually frustrated women. Also became a relatively safe place for some working women to promote their services. Apple pulled the Tumblr app from it's website for this reason claiming Tumblr wasn't family friendly.

On Dec 17, Tumblr removed any content that could be construed to be inappropriate creating a huge exodus of Tumblr refugee's. All this to appease the Apple "App Lords". Last I heard the Tumblr app is back in the App Store.

Google rarely limits search content unless it's basically blatantly illegal, or could start a full blown civil war. It can limit where it's advertising money goes. Google doesn't want to be removed from the Apple devices, so it may have to be a bit careful in how it deals with promoted content the "Apple Lords" feel is inappropriate.

I've noticed in the past that Google search results on an IPhone may differ from results found on a Windoze computer or anything Android/Linux based depending on the topics.

Nevertheless, the giant Silicon Valley-based behemoth has a dubious record of how it treats women employees and skimps on benefits by having a plurality of temporary workers and contractors. Two more reasons to avoid them. 

As far as the Redmond, Washington-based octopus  is concerned keep in mind they didn't get to be the world's second trillion dollar company by being a nice guy everywhere they went. Your privacy is definitely not important to them. HinH

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this new video today where a couple young guys tried going out in high heels for the first time:

Though the video was created with clickbait intentions, it actually supports the reality that it is perfectly fine for guys to wear heels.  It looks like they had fun, and nobody said anything negative or tried to stop them.  While my activities out and about are a bit tamer and don’t involve staging YouTube worthy scenes, this conclusion is consistent with my personal experience wearing heels for over a month now.  

As with their other videos, the Coyles’ present themselves in a way to show that they are gay, but I actually appreciated the fact that they did not make mention of it in a way that implied that the freedom to wear heels should be limited to or associated with being gay.  

The fact that they are gay will, on its own, be enough to reinforce the stereotype, I'm afraid.  It isn't like there are a lot of similar videos out there made by straight guys - they are nearly all done by gays, so it is kind of a double hit. No straight-guy videos, loads of gay-guy videos - what is a person on the sidelines to think?  Especially with the stereotype already there, and going strong.

Edited by Shyheels