my new Sam Edelman boots

pebblesf

My Sam Edleman "Olencia" boots finally arrived.  I normally wear size 11s, but they only had size 10s, unless I wanted suede.  I definitely wanted the black leather, they are the classic design that I love and I am guessing the heel height is 4.5-5.0 inches.  The are a little snug, but fit fine, and super easy to walk in.  I have probably walked publicly about one mile so far with no issues, although my ankle did give way when one heel sank in a crack in the sidewalk the other day in Atlanta.  Fortunately, I saved myself from falling.  These boots are made of nice leather, and the heels are sturdy, I paid $130 which seemed very reasonable.  Sorry for the photos, guess I should have worn lighter colored levis....

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nice boots there!!!! Sam Edelman makes some excellent quality boots. I found a pair of their black leather over knee boots a few weeks ago at Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsboro,AL for $40 in like new condition. Unfortunately, my ladies sz 11 foot would not squeeze into a sz 8.5. If you are ever laid over in Birmingham, AL or Chattanooga, TN, it would be worth your while to rent a car and make the drive to their store. Boots are seasonal so don't waste time going in the summer. They have a little bit of everything there and at good prices. Call me if you know ahead of time that you will be laid over at Birmingham and maybe we can meet up. Merry Christmas and Happy heeling to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sam Edelman is one of my staples and I usually get a size 10 as 11 seems too big.  I had a pair in 11 and had to give them away because my feet were sliding around.  On the other hand Vince Camuto seem to run smaller though I do have two pairs in 10  but I had to stretch them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crotchhiguy said:

Nice boots there!!!! Sam Edelman makes some excellent quality boots. I found a pair of their black leather over knee boots a few weeks ago at Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsboro,AL for $40 in like new condition. Unfortunately, my ladies sz 11 foot would not squeeze into a sz 8.5. If you are ever laid over in Birmingham, AL or Chattanooga, TN, it would be worth your while to rent a car and make the drive to their store. Boots are seasonal so don't waste time going in the summer. They have a little bit of everything there and at good prices. Call me if you know ahead of time that you will be laid over at Birmingham and maybe we can meet up. Merry Christmas and Happy heeling to you.

Don't get to Birmingham very often, but will surely let you know if and when I do!  Don

7 hours ago, blueparrot said:

Sam Edelman is one of my staples and I usually get a size 10 as 11 seems too big.  I had a pair in 11 and had to give them away because my feet were sliding around.  On the other hand Vince Camuto seem to run smaller though I do have two pairs in 10  but I had to stretch them. 

Yeah, the size 10s seem to fit pretty well.  The tall shafts are tight around the calves though, real tough to get the jeans inside the boots, don't want to wreck the zippers....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Don't get to Birmingham very often, but will surely let you know if and when I do!  Don

Yeah, the size 10s seem to fit pretty well.  The tall shafts are tight around the calves though, real tough to get the jeans inside the boots, don't want to wreck the zippers....

Very nice boots there mate, looks great on with the jeans aswell, wish you would stop by Birmingham mate, (although i think we’re talking about different Birmingham’s though), could have a great meet up there 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, cut a dash during the holidays by all means!

Just came up from the hotel lobby.  I am so happy with these boots, great heels, easy to walk in....There weren't many people down there, but didn't seem like anyone noticed...These boots are the best gift I have gotten in a long time, even though I gave the boots to myself....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Just came up from the hotel lobby.  I am so happy with these boots, great heels, easy to walk in....There weren't many people down there, but didn't seem like anyone noticed...These boots are the best gift I have gotten in a long time, even though I gave the boots to myself....

I’ll bet they look great, did you wear them over your jeans? Really pleased it was a good experience, sure you’ll have many more in them mate, they really are nice boots 

• Like 2

Thanks for the encouragement guys!  But, no, I did not wear the boots over the levis, not there yet.  But, the heels were clearly visible.  I have had quite a few outings in these boots now, that hotel lobby was relatively empty, only a few guests and staff were around.  Hung around down there for about 15 minutes, trying to find some snack to substitute for dinner.  I didn't notice any reactions though, but am quite sure I was noticed.....

On the other hand, I did notice a guy boarding one of my flights wearing some great riding boots over his jeans last Friday.  He got by me too fast during boarding, so did not have the time to compliment him.  This was just a short hop between PHL and BOS, so did not have the time to find him during the flight and compliment him....He must have snuck by me while deplaning, which was very frustrating, I really wanted to compliment him for sure....

And, no, I was not wearing my new Sam Edelman boots while working, just regular Tony Lama cowboy boots....D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pebblesf said:

And, no, I was not wearing my new Sam Edelman boots while working, just regular Tony Lama cowboy boots....D

You get credit for that too!  Even in Texas I don’t see a lot of guys wearing dress cowboy boots except to church.  Cowboy boots are what brought me into heels, so I think wearing boots also makes a contribution towards acceptance of men wearing heels.