Being asked to try your heels on

nzfreestyler

4 hours ago, Cali said:

"I really like your heels"

I pulled up a pant leg to show her my Freebird Blaze and I got the familiar phrase

"I wish I could wear heels that high."

Since we are regular clients, (our nail artist is booked out to April) she told me she had seen me before and always admired my heels.

I also get this all the time, and in a number of cases, I offered to help them along a path that would allow them to wear heels that high. Not a one of them ever followed my advice. While I'm sure that many have physiological problems that actually prevent them from wearing heels, most just don't really want to badly enough to go through the effort it takes to master the skill of wearing anything higher than 3 inch. In much the same way that people often say, "I wish I could play the piano," it's just an idle remark, signifying very little. 

• Like 1

My wife and I were at a office party. I was wearing a men's dress shoe. Later on in the evening one of the women was complaining that her feet hurt, she was wearing a nice pump with a three inch heel. I asked her what size she wore and she gave me a strange look and asked, "why?" I told her I could trade with her for a while, she got a big grin and said size 9. Crap, I wear a 10.  She went on to ask me if I was serous, and I told her I was. I could tell by the look on her face and her reaction that she thought it would have been fun. Plus I would have been out in heels in a fun way, and if anyone got weird about it I could have easily played it off as just messing around.

• Like 3