Going to spend some dollars more on a pair heels in leather

swedeheeler

Have been eyening on some new leather shoes or booties around 150 to 200€.

Why that? Most pairs I have are either sandals or otk boots in various styles.

As I cant decide which style is more "to go" than the other I need some inputs. Clothing for me is often tight jeans and t-shirt, what I should call casual.

Ankle booties or oxies. Both styles speaks to me. Well I'm bringing some linkies to two pairs that interests me.

https://www.high-feelings.de/oxford-pumps-grau-pu060050?c=2238 Gray oxies

https://www.high-feelings.de/stiefeletten-blockabsatz-nappaleder-schwarz-sw060007?c=2238 Black ankle booties

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, swedeheeler said:

As I cant decide which style is more "to go" than the other I need some inputs. Clothing for me is often tight jeans and t-shirt, what I should call casual.

Ankle booties or oxies. Both styles speaks to me. Well I'm bringing some linkies to two pairs that interests me.

https://www.high-feelings.de/stiefeletten-blockabsatz-nappaleder-schwarz-sw060007?c=2238 Black ankle booties

going for leather i the right choice - its much better on your feet.

I would choose the grey oxfords because I personally prefer the ankle exposed.

Depending on how much you have worn heels and will wear these - and if out and about - the grey pair are quite a lot higher so will be much more demanding to wear all day.

Grey will work better with the blues of denim than the black - although black still goes with everything - grey is a better coordination in my opinion, espeically with coloured tees, or neutrals and white tops.

I would recommend tryng to get a calf leather finish (not a suede) as high heels can get a hammering in suede - particulary the heels are susceptible in everyday wear...

consider this - driving in these would damage the heels - and slipping them off is not easy before you drive because they are a lace up.

anyhow - just my ten cents worth

most important thing is to enjoy wearing them !

• Like 2

If I hadn't just bought plane tickets I might think about getting a pair of those oxies. I really like the color. And with a high arch, lace-ups are the best.

Update:

Just looked at the site again. I take a 41 and they are sold out. :(

Edited by Cali

9 hours ago, Cali said:

If I hadn't just bought plane tickets I might think about getting a pair of those oxies. I really like the color. And with a high arch, lace-ups are the best.

Update:

They made it easy for me. Black booties now, oxies in the end of february :D They are getting new sizes then :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 3:46 AM, blueparrot said:

Leather is always best.  Polyurethane is known to peel and crack just sitting in the closet after a while.  Leather allows water vapor to escape so your feet and legs don't get soaking wet on even moderate days. 

Yup. After x pairs in pu, I'm all fed up of that material. Forthcoming heels will be in leather (or fabric)

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 7:46 AM, Cali said:

Update:

If you are still interested, do like I did @Cali select preferable size, below the images there'll be a red message, below it can you enter your mail address, then you'll be notifyed when your size is back in stock ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swedeheeler said:

If you are still interested, do like I did @Cali select preferable size, below the images there'll be a red message, below it can you enter your mail address, then you'll be notifyed when your size is back in stock ;)

December is an extremely expensive month for me with many large bills and taxes due. Beside I gave myself two me-to-me gifts the other day.  I really want to try them on before spending the money on them. Maybe I can find them in England in May.

But thanks for the suggestion swedeheeler.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 3:59 PM, swedeheeler said:

The oxfords look remarkably the same as my Nine West "Sizzle" oxfords, and if that is true, you will find them very easy to wear. I highly recommend! At least the heels themselves appear to be either regular calf leather or patent, so you have a fighting chance of not trashing these. 

17 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

The oxfords look remarkably the same as my Nine West "Sizzle" oxfords, and if that is true, you will find them very easy to wear. I highly recommend! At least the heels themselves appear to be either regular calf leather or patent, so you have a fighting chance of not trashing these. 

Ok. That sounds good'nuff for me :) I'm just waiting for restock and then "boom come to me my precious" ;)

The heels itself is some kinda hard plastic material, hopefully reinforced ;) Outsoles somewhat grip patterned, which is good!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey! You look perfect. That's exactly the " man as men but in heel look " I love how it maches the jacket  

How do you feel in these shoes? Will you wear them publicly? 

I just got mine yesterday! I have tried them on during a short time only. Very comfy. Could be a little higher. But it seems easy to walk in. 

Now i am waiting for the right opportunity for wearing them longer. 

I will make a picture in the next days 

No idea where you are in Sweden. I probably have to go to Copenhagen this year. Would be fun to walk together with the same shoes 

It also could be fun to give a visit to that guy: Laurentin Cosmos. 

Thank you Pierre :)

Pretty ok, need to stretch them just a li'l bit, then they should me awesome to wear!

I found them little narrow as it might be the style, or my wide feets?

It'd be fun to see how you'll compose everything ;)

Sweden is a "tall" country, i live in the northern sweden, got approx 1300 km to copenhagen, but it had be fun.