finally treated myself to some nice boots

pebblesf

I keep reading everyone's posts about finding larger sizes at Nordstrom rack....So, I finally opened one of those mass emails from Norstroms and found just the pair of boots I love for not that much money....

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2641825/sam-edelman-olencia-leather-knee-high-boot?color=BLACK

Unfortunately, they were out of size 11s, so am risking that size 10s will stretch a bit...A little discomfort at first will be worth finding a great pair of leather boots, styled in my favorite way, with 4" stiletto heels that will be easy to walk in....  Jeez, I feel like a little kid around Christmas time, can't wait for them to arrive, will take some pictures....j

Thanks for all your encouragement and advice....Don

• Like 4

They look very nice. Any chance they will get more size  11 in case these are too snug? Hopefully the 10s will run large and you can gently stretch the rest. I am sure you will enjoy them. Well done!

Edited by Shyheels

pebblesf,

Do you have a shoe stretcher? I've talked about this before. They can be had in places like Target on the endcap in the shoe section for $5-8. They are designed to stretch the material up to about 1/2 size larger but not a full size. So a size 10 may work if your exact size is a 10.5. I happen to very close to your size. I nearly always take a size 11 in boots but have some size 10 gray wedge boots with 5"/12cm heels which I got at Deb before they closed nationwide. I can wear many different sandals in size 10 depending on how the vamp is cut. I have stretched many shoes some by freezing first and others by stretching over a 48-hour period. I don't have nearly as many boots as I do wedges or pumps but I really like the boots I have and have worn them more in the last two years than before. I was wearing pumps more before that in the colder months. Boot wearing is fun for certain. I think you'll enjoy it. Read the many posts here from our "boot experts". I think more of boot wearers are always wondering; do I tuck them in or not? The women don't seem to hesitate and I see them nearly all tucking them in. One of my contest photos was in boots, the first one of me in boots, and it was the best liked. They are definitely the most stable footwear you can wear especially if you are shopping or walking for a number of hours. HappyinHeels