Useful reference for those with larger feet

at9

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it before on HHP but this website has a lot of useful information for those with larger feet. That's from UK9/EU43/US11 upwards.

https://www.prettybigshoes.com/

Especially their listing of stores etc that have larger sizes: https://www.prettybigshoes.com/shops

Edited by at9

Thanks for posting the link. It appears to be mostly catering to the UK customer. Within the United States there are Nordstrom and its discount division called Nordsrom Rack which are well-known for carrying larger sizes and Payless and Macys which are reliable outlets for US11 women's shoes and sometimes larger. Outside of these brick-and-mortar stores there are numerous websites based in the USA which sell larger size women's shoes. Many of the websites do ship outside North America. HappyinHeels

I don't mind paying the VAT on imports (and duty if applicable). What I object to is the (usually) £13.50 "handling" fee you have to pay to Royal Mail etc. If the order is for a few thousand pounds of kit that fee deosn't really matter but for a few tens of pounds it makes it totally uneconomic.

I should add that most imporst I've done have been realted to my business. Since I'm VAT registered I can claim the VAT back from HMRC.

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, it's that idiotic handling fee that is the most vexatious. And if they erroneously charge you the VAT - as has happened to me - you still don't get the collection fee refunded. 

Just be glad they don't get charged a Refund Fee and a Collection Fee for the Refund Fee.