Heels at work? Maybe not so good idea

blueparrot

Not sure that HHP is really the place to be pushing a political agenda, be it conservative or liberal. Or communist, facist or any other for that matter.

Incidentally, should "stepping on hypocrites" be done in stilettos, or will flats be sufficient?

As Tom Lehrer once said: "There are people who do not love their fellow man. And I hate people like that!"

It never was for me as long as one is accurate, articulate, and fearless. Nobody is pushing any agenda rather I am pointing out obvious facts. People whose carbon footprint is five-eight times larger than the average American and gorge themselves on the very system they bemoan whilst living in the freedom countless veterans have provided are hypocrites by definition. And the rest of us do not use nationally-televised award shows as a platform to promote an agenda. As for a heel of choice to step on the hypocrite I would use any sharp enough to deflate their balloon of self-anointed enlightenment. HinH

And out here in CA I get blasted with a double barrel dose  - daily.  Gets very tiring, and expensive!  Amazing to me how out here so many folks are blinded to the obvious facts.  I push no agenda either, but do point out the facts...  Someone has to do it - after all, pioneers take the arrows.....  Have fun...  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 11/6/2018 at 9:23 AM, blueparrot said:

I had a pretty understanding boss who thought my boots were "cool".  A few months ago the owner of the company hired an HR lady.  Before the book keeper did the duty.  This new lady is a heel queen with 5 to 6 inch stilettos she wears almost every day.  When the real hot weather subsided I started wearing my knee and over the knee block heel boots.  I wore them last season with no issue brought up.  One day I wore in my new (off ebay) Sam Edelman Rylan OTK boots in deep red.  These have a nice 4" heel and look quite stylish with black skinny pants tucked in.  The HR lady made a big deal about them, even threatening to pull them off me and put them on.  She started making a big deal over my boots for weeks.  When I tried to ignore here she got mad and I started getting called in to the boss over things I supposedly said to coworkers.  I know she was the source of this.  Last Friday I got called in to a meeting with my boss and her.  They told me I was being fired for my conduct, something I can't understand as I have not had any issues and have been getting positive feedback on my work.  She started yelling at me when I tried to leave.  I told them to send my check and she flipped out.  She accused me of poor attendance which is a total lie.  Some how she got it in for me and I can only suspect it was jealously over my boots. 

I am actually glad to get out of there as there are many job openings in the Dallas area right now.  I think the next one I will only wear ankle boots under pants and not chance such a reaction again. 

Haha that's funny she was obviously jelly lol good on you for the confidence and don't let anyone tell you can't wear to work unless it crosses the line of course good job and good luck!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

blueparrot. you may not believe how jealous/envious/insecure women are towards men in heels. a large number of men on the forum will tell you so many stories about that. they have had the same comments from women/ i'm going to take those lovely heels off you and i'm going to wear them/ your co-worker like many other women think when they see men in heels. they believe we will bite back in a very bitchy and catty way to them. it's part of the package in wearing heels. it would be funny if you told her that you have 50 pairs of louboutin heels in you wardrobe. I bet her face would turn red with thunder. lucky you don't have 50 pairs of louboutins. otherwise she would of broke into your property and stole all of them. i'm sure you would agree with me on that.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 11:23 PM, blueparrot said:

[...]A few months ago the owner of the company hired an HR lady.  [...] The HR lady made a big deal about them, even threatening to pull them off me and put them on.  [...]  They told me I was being fired [...]

What a f... bit...!

I hope, that you will find a new job soon! Including understanding colleagues, that do not mind if their co-worker arrives in flats or heels!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

On 12/23/2018 at 11:19 AM, Hansi1973 said:

What a f... bit...!

I hope, that you will find a new job soon! Including understanding colleagues, that do not mind if their co-worker arrives in flats or heels!

I'm still looking.  Lots of jobs around but the wrong time of the year to be interviewing.  One more week and everything opens back up.  For now though I'm all dressed up with no place to go!