Shopping in Phoenix AZ?

Jura

Hi all, long time no post! 

Anyone have any hot tips for shoe shopping in Phoenix AZ? I'm coming to the US for a holiday at Christmas, and hope to have a little time to shop for shoes, wife permitting. Had a quick Google and I see there's a few Payless stores, and a few Nordstrom Racks too, but which ones to hit? I take a size 12 US, so any pointers from those with local knowledge much appreciated ...

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy your visit.  Phoenix in December can be quite pleasant - except the days are short...  As for shoes, Payless generally carries gals sizes up to 12.   If you can not find a particular style at the store, it can be ordered and shipped to the store of your choice in a few days for free.  Nordstrom Rack stores seem to vary by location as to the stock and sizes.  I have found that in my area (California) the larger sizes are quite limited.  Sadly, it did not used to be that way.  

In Scottsdale (a suburb of PHX) there is a shoe store called Marmi - one of my favorites.  They carry gals shoes up to size 13 in most styles.  They are a bit pricey but I have gotten three pairs of sandals from Marmi in the past and all are made quite well, comfy and durable.  

Have fun "out west."    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

16 hours ago, SF said:

Hope you enjoy your visit.  Phoenix in December can be quite pleasant - except the days are short...  As for shoes, Payless generally carries gals sizes up to 12.   If you can not find a particular style at the store, it can be ordered and shipped to the store of your choice in a few days for free.  Nordstrom Rack stores seem to vary by location as to the stock and sizes.  I have found that in my area (California) the larger sizes are quite limited.  Sadly, it did not used to be that way.  

In Scottsdale (a suburb of PHX) there is a shoe store called Marmi - one of my favorites.  They carry gals shoes up to size 13 in most styles.  They are a bit pricey but I have gotten three pairs of sandals from Marmi in the past and all are made quite well, comfy and durable.  

Have fun "out west."    sf

That's why I'm after some local knowledge, especially about Nordstrom stores, but thanks for the tips on Marmii...

Smoking lingerie in south Scottsdale often has heels in larger sizes along with Lingerie Superstore on Indian School Road. The Nordstrom Rack and Payless at Tempe Marketplacee usually have a lot of larger sized heels as well. 

• Like 2

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Jura,

Phoenix is a city where I spent a lot of time when I lived in Arizona 1989-1992 before moving back to the Midwest. My son was born there and I pass through there every other year or so. It is very easy to get around despite having grown so much. As far as a plan goes I would start with where you'll land: SkyHarbor Airport in the southeast part of the Valley of the Sun. You could head to the Marmi store in Scottsdale also on the eastern side of the metro area and shop there. From there then head to the nearest Nordstrom Rack. I believe Nordstrom Rack is the single best place to find heels especially if you have a larger foot. Perhaps after the Rack check out the lingerie store on Indian School Road. As far as navigation goes Phoenix is very easy. The city is divided by Central Avenue running north-south; streets are numbered east of that line and avenues are numbered west of that line both of which are increasing with distance from Central Avenue. Streets running west-east all have regular names and about every eight blocks there will always be a traffic signal as these are arteries. Many American and Canadian cities are laid out this way for urban transit. Phoenix was always good at synchronizing traffic signals so you can often go a long ways before coming to a red light. It helps that Phoenix is also not a densely populated city so traffic flows well. They have added extra expressways over the years: Loops 101, 202, and 303 were not yet built when I lived in Arizona but work well. The highways are well-marked and beautifully landscaped. Yes, December is very pleasant in the Phoenix area with afternoon maxima in the 20-22C range and nighttime minima in the 5-7C range. Somewhat cooler readings can be seen in the higher elevations of the metro area to the east and north. Visit Flagstaff and you'll see something completely different. That's the beauty of Arizona. It is just as pretty as in the postcards. I hope this information helps you. HappyinHeels 

• Like 3

I lived in Scottsdale for three years.  Here's the places I bought my footwear: 

Nordstrom Rack on Camelback  in Phoenix

Nordstrom Rack on Scottsdale Rd. near Loop 101 North part of Scottsdale

Nordstrom Rack at Tempe Marketplace

Nordstrom Rack on Chandler Blvd. (east of Loop 101 and near Chandler mall)

Check the stores in Scottsdale Fashion Square for sales, it's BIG so expect to spend some time there!  Dillards there has huge shoe dept.

Chandler mall is a large mall with many decent stores.  DSW store just south of the mall.

Arizona Mills outlet mall in Tempe (Saks off 5th moved out of there to the outlet center a few miles south on the reservation)

Dillards Clearance Center in Mesa (off US 60 freeway)

I accumulated so many pairs while living there it was a major effort to move them to Texas!

• Like 3

On 11/5/2018 at 11:49 PM, blueparrot said:

I lived in Scottsdale for three years.  Here's the places I bought my footwear: 

Nordstrom Rack on Camelback  in Phoenix

Nordstrom Rack on Scottsdale Rd. near Loop 101 North part of Scottsdale

Nordstrom Rack at Tempe Marketplace

Nordstrom Rack on Chandler Blvd. (east of Loop 101 and near Chandler mall)

Check the stores in Scottsdale Fashion Square for sales, it's BIG so expect to spend some time there!  Dillards there has huge shoe dept.

Chandler mall is a large mall with many decent stores.  DSW store just south of the mall.

Arizona Mills outlet mall in Tempe (Saks off 5th moved out of there to the outlet center a few miles south on the reservation)

Dillards Clearance Center in Mesa (off US 60 freeway)

I accumulated so many pairs while living there it was a major effort to move them to Texas!

Do Dillard's do up to a size 12 in decent styles? 

On 11/13/2018 at 1:22 PM, Jura said:

Do Dillard's do up to a size 12 in decent styles? 

I wear 10 to 11 so can't say for certain.  Check Dillards.com and see if they carry anything like that.  The clearance centers get what's left after the sales at their stores so not so many larger sizes.  They seem to have a lot of 10's and some 11's.  Lucky for me I bought shoe stretchers so can buy more 10's now and stretch them to fit.  I don't recall seeing 12's there.  Nordstrom Rack seems to have a lot of 12's. 

On 11/15/2018 at 1:53 AM, blueparrot said:

I wear 10 to 11 so can't say for certain.  Check Dillards.com and see if they carry anything like that.  The clearance centers get what's left after the sales at their stores so not so many larger sizes.  They seem to have a lot of 10's and some 11's.  Lucky for me I bought shoe stretchers so can buy more 10's now and stretch them to fit.  I don't recall seeing 12's there.  Nordstrom Rack seems to have a lot of 12's. 

Thanks, I'll give them a look :cheeky: