Shopping in M&S

maninboots

They look good with that colour jean, the heel height is a good height, a stiletto but still good for everyday wear.  I have some black boots very similar height and toe shape to these and the noise on a hard surface especially in a place like M&S would be very noticable. I'm not sure I could pull it off, maybe in a lower tapered heel but not those boots. Fair play to you, your confidence and style is to be admired.

• Like 2

Addicted to the click

M&S is centered in England.  They do have on-line and us stores.

Snake Skin is the in look this season.  I'm thinking about buying some Steve Madden Snake Skin booties.

Edited by Cali

6 hours ago, Heelster said:

And there are a lot of Pythons to be harvested out of the Everglades

A 21 foot snake could yield a lots of heels.

Edited by Cali

On 11/2/2018 at 5:14 AM, Cali said:

M&S is centered in England.  They do have on-line and us stores.

Snake Skin is the in look this season.  I'm thinking about buying some Steve Madden Snake Skin booties.

I must confess mine are faux snake skin, wouldn’t have the funds for the real thing 

2 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

Probably best they are faux snakeskin. Here in the UK I'm certain you'd attract more negative comments and hostility from having boots made of real skin than from wearing the heels themselves. 

A pity. They’d go so well with my snow leopard coat with the ivory buttons...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just popped into M&S and tried this one on, not sure how well you can see it from this picture as I’ve took it myself through a mirror, nice little ankle boots with about a 31/2” silver heels, might have to think about these 

image.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maninboots said:

Just popped into M&S and tried this one on, not sure how well you can see it from this picture as I’ve took it myself through a mirror, nice little ankle boots with about a 31/2” silver heels, might have to think about these 

image.jpg

Don't wait too long buddy, someone will snap those up for sure.  Love the killer silver heels and classic design, great for walking also

2 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

These are cute, @maninboots - would be better to see a side shot next time ;-)  
They go very well with these grey jeans of yours. 

Yeah you’re right, not easy when taking the picture yourself through a mirror and yes these grey jeans are very good for most boots to be fair 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 5:55 AM, HeeledSteve said:

Probably best they are faux snakeskin. Here in the UK I'm certain you'd attract more negative comments and hostility from having boots made of real skin than from wearing the heels themselves. 

I guess there are scores of people in the U.K. waiting around to be offended at the least little thing. I expect people with such high standards to not have a scrap of anything in their abodes made from animal products. Yeah, maybe when you live in a glass house you'd think twice before casting a stone at another but many of these folks don't have the mental clarity to first look at themselves. So much energy expended at hurling insults rather than making the world a better place. HinH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

I guess there are scores of people in the U.K. waiting around to be offended at the least little thing. I expect people with such high standards to not have a scrap of anything in their abodes made from animal products. Yeah, maybe when you live in a glass house you'd think twice before casting a stone at another but many of these folks don't have the mental clarity to first look at themselves. So much energy expended at hurling insults rather than making the world a better place. HinH

At least people don't get shot in the UK for wearing the wrong shoes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/91a740d4-7bd9-4758-8bee-499e5f7c635e

Outrage is hardly a new thing in the US as this old article shows: https://www.nytimes.com/1996/11/30/us/anti-fur-groups-wage-war-on-mink-farms.html

Nor is offence and outrage confined to one side of the political divide.

Hi, had a quick look at those ankle boots you tried on in M and S and maybe will get myself a pair, I like the center stich design and I wear a similar style of ankle boots every day also from M and S according to their website the heels are white, but I will spray them black if I get a pair.

David.

life is not a rehearsal

On 11/3/2018 at 5:55 AM, HeeledSteve said:

Do they know that we have no shortage of snakes here?  Might as well do something useful with the skin.  The meat is not worth more than vulture food.  

They may be protected, but I know of a few places in sunny Cornwall where they are shot along with grey squirrels and cats. Yep I have had a pastie knicked in St Ives more than once, saw a guy once knock one to the floor and stamp on it very close to the life boat slip, a seagull that is not a pastie, most folks gave him a clap.

life is not a rehearsal

46 minutes ago, dww said:

Hi, had a quick look at those ankle boots you tried on in M and S and maybe will get myself a pair, I like the center stich design and I wear a similar style of ankle boots every day also from M and S according to their website the heels are white, but I will spray them black if I get a pair.

David.

I’ve got to be honest they look more silver in the flesh than white, i know pictures don’t always do them justice and descriptions don’t always match what you see with your eyes lol 

Ok Maninboots, thanks for your comments I will look into a pair as I like the almound, square toe type design with the center stich, looking at the reviews you should go for a size smaller, as I take a size 7 uk I will go for that, If the heels are a bit high I normally go for a 7 and a half, but I will stick to a 7 as the ankle boots I am wearing at the moment are 6 and a half which gives them a nice little tight feeling, but I have 8 other pairs in size 7 I like to plan ahead. And if I buy a pair which is quite likely I will give a review on their website as I have done before.

life is not a rehearsal