Shoes You Just Can't Part With

Cali

During the late seventies I acquired a pair of lace-up booties with 3 inch heels from my first wife. I don't remember how I got them, but she knew and was okay with it. I wore those for over 16 years until the sides blow out and the shoes just fell apart. I had to part with them. Now I have pair of SM Estrella that I wear all the time at home.  Sometimes from getting out of bed.  I have a new pair on the side lines, but I just can't switch yet.  

How about you?

New_oldH.JPG

• Like 2

Funny you should mention it, I just posted in my own thread/blog a picture of some shoes I will probably never get rid of for sentimental reasons. They were my first pair of truly high (more than 4") heels I bought and wore publicly. I suppose I could wear them as beaters for doing work on cars or construction or something, but I've gotten to the point where I've quit doing that, opting for more practical tennis shoes or work boots for such projects. Still, I'll probably keep them, and my children will have to dispose of them when I'm gone. 

IMG_9860.JPG

• Like 2

OK, I will join in on this stroll down memory lane.  Here is a pic of the first pair of high heels I ever purchased, wayyyy back in 1996.  One day I was shoe shopping (as always) when I saw these kitten heel thongs in my size.  Just for fun I tried them on and liked what I saw, took them home and liked them even more.  The wife thought I was a bit "nuts" but did not freak out.  My first time out in them was in Palm Springs for dinner.  Got a few looks but no other reaction.  From that time forward I have never looked back, I now have lots of heels that I enjoy wearing when possible.   I still have these thongs, they are well worn but occasionally I get out in them just for the "memories."  

Have fun all......   sf

IMG_8142.jpg

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"