Backpack or Messenger bag?

KneeBooted

the cool thing about a handbag (and not a big tote style bag - but a std handbag) is that its easily carried in your hand, or on your elbow if your hands are full, or on your shoulder if you have a shoulder strap . There are so many styles and they are cool with all the internal pockets, external pockets. The detailing and ornamentation on them is also cool.

I like that a handbag is not treated as luggage, so when flying etc my handbag is an extra - which can be quite large and means one small case and my handbag can get me around the place easily.

• Like 1

thanks HinH

I don't know how I got by without a handbag?

Yes I wear a skirt/dresses and tey don't have pockets (well some dresses do noadays but you can't stuff things in your pockets easily) and a handbag is just so perfect !

I carry a handbag even if I wear jeans (shudder)

I never leave the house without a handbag as the notion of putting ANYTHING in pockets is an alien concept to me. The size of my bag often depends on where I go on and the activity I’m engaged in, I have small bags to big satchel bags, and in several colors but mainly black as black goes with just about anything. I enjoy the comforting heft of a full bag on my shoulder while out and about, and it’s fun.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB,

Not that you wear them anymore but I have noticed most of the cool women's jeans have tiny front pockets probably assuming the wearer will have a handbag. Once one carries a handbag it would be difficult to NOT be without one. One of the items I carry is an extra set of heels if I have a change of mood or I'm headed to a venue with a different vibe. HinH

• Like 1

I can't fit a pair of heels in my handbags - I can in a tote or a slightly larger bag but my handbags are just large enough for a  a pair of flats in case I need them. I cant fit my heels in my bag cause heels are quite a bulky shape on their own unlike normal shoes. If I need to take a pair of heels somewhere I just carry them on their own in my hand. That way I don't damage them either

3 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

JeffB,

Not that you wear them anymore but I have noticed most of the cool women's jeans have tiny front pockets probably assuming the wearer will have a handbag. Once one carries a handbag it would be difficult to NOT be without one. One of the items I carry is an extra set of heels if I have a change of mood or I'm headed to a venue with a different vibe. HinH

Oh, yes, tiny front pockets on jeans has been a standard for the longest time, same for some styles of denim jeans. I started out with a Buxton bag which I saw as gender neutral, but I soon decided to go with purses and handbags, and I feel better for my decision. I mean, why carry a gender neutral bag when I'm wearing skirts and dresses?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

10 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

JeffB,

Suggest of pockets is the reason I don't wear women's jeans. Although I find them softer and the stretch jeans better fitting, I NEED front pockets and purses don't work for me. I have many (many) women's shorts, I have found shorts with adequate pockets. Unfortunately most are size 10 and I'm now a size 8.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cali said:

Suggest of pockets is the reason I don't wear women's jeans. Although I find them softer and the stretch jeans better fitting, I NEED front pockets and purses don't work for me. I have many (many) women's shorts, I have found shorts with adequate pockets. Unfortunately most are size 10 and I'm now a size 8.

Check out LL Bean women's jeans.  The Double L jeans have the full sized men's pockets!  After messing around with jeans at the store my wife finally informed me that we have had the ideal jeans sitting on her side of the closet this whole time lol.