Toronto

Pierre1961

• 3 weeks later...

Pierre, those Oxford heels are fantastic! I hope you received some nice compliments. Which brand are they? They look a bit like my Omanos or that Spanish maker from Alicante (estresmodes). Did you wear them on the whole trip? My admiration.....as 15 cm requires some good "heeling skills" :-) 

Edited by tomham
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, tomham said:

Pierre, those Oxford heels are fantastic! I hope you received some nice compliments. Which brand are they? They look a bit like my Omano´s or that Spanish maker from Alicante (estresmodes). Did you wear them on the whole trip? My admiration.....as 15 cm requires some good "heeling skills" :-) 

Yeah buddy, powerful and masculine for sure....Looks like you had a real nice first class seat....Sure wish I was going to be in Toronto....We usually get Toronto layovers on the coldest days of January, and Phoenix layovers in the heat of summer!

• Haha 1

Thanks a lot. 

They are from extreme high heels Alicante. Spain. Of course I wore them during the whole trip. From the moment I left home in the morning until I arrived in the hotel room. So confortable.Yes,15 cm ,but no problem for walking.Perfect day! 

Not a first class! Business class. No need for more. I travelled once in first. Nice experience. But more or less a waste of money. 

Pierre 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CrotchHigh said:

Very sexy and masculine boots.  Amazed that you wore them the whole trip, I don't think I could do that.....

Yes, my hat is off to Pierre.  Those must be very well designed and built with the best leather/materials....

I agree Pierre, the newer business class seats lay flat, which is all that is needed for comfort.  Generally speaking, first class does not offer enough more to justify the price difference...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today I walked from the hotel to the exhibition place. 3 km. 45 minutes. Not so fast .Not so slow. I am not so disappointed because the surfaces were quite easy but far more difficult than the ones we can find in an airport.

skinny jean and Cuban Oxford  as shown on the picture 

Then i changed for " normal " flat shoes for my working day. 

And back to the hotel ,same distance,same time. Quite happy ! 

I got one congratulation from a black woman who asked me :"what time is it now"

" i love your shoes" 

Tomorrow: same program. Under the rain I am afraid of! 

Pierre 

IMG_0463.JPG

• Like 6

The skinny jeans are perfect with your heels. Good to hear that you received some nice feedback :-)

I find it very appropriate to wear high heels in a city like Toronto, where Western Ranch used to make their beautiful boots and that is home to http://www.batashoemuseum.ca/ .

Have a good time there and a safe flight back!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Today I walked from the hotel to the exhibition place. 3 km. 45 minutes. Not so fast .Not so slow. I am not so disappointed because the surfaces were quite easy but far more difficult than the ones we can find in an airport.

skinny jean and Cuban Oxford  as shown on the picture 

Then i changed for " normal " flat shoes for my working day. 

And back to the hotel ,same distance,same time. Quite happy ! 

I got one congratulation from a black woman who asked me :"what time is it now"

" i love your shoes" 

Tomorrow: same program. Under the rain I am afraid of! 

Pierre 

IMG_0463.JPG

Take the Bathurst 511 harbour front streetcar easier rather then walking. To the Cne grounds. Gather your working at enercare centre.  

Go checkout Saks fifth avenue Christmas window display at the Eaton centre mall. If you want to do some more shopping spending those euros up in Yorkville posh boutique shops on west of Yonge St along Bloor street until St George. Have some good food in yorkvile and get noticed.. 

Take the subway get off on union station streetcars will take you Cne and underground Path  to eaton centre mall. 

Goid luck. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done. Block heels one day stilettos next pushing the boundaries observing everyone’s reactions 

Where did you eat? Were people’s reactions obvious as they should be?

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Thanks 1

I had a breakfast at the hotel. Nothing so exciting! People didn't react so much. But it was obvious they noticed the shoes. Two males waiters stood behind me and looked at my shoes during nearly a minute. They haven't realized that I could see them in a mirror,on the wall! Funny! The female waitresses behaved normally  

These oxford with the thin heels are from Peter Chu. Close to Toronto ( Hamilton).I just  got them on my arrval day. I have asked for a bigger width and they fit perfectly. 

I hope I could have time for a visit to the Bâta museum. Depending of an appointment tomorrow. My flight is at 6.45 pm. Let's see. 

The fun would be to walk there. But the weather is more than crappy. Typical for Toronto in November. 

I also would have wished to spend some time in the gay area. Just because I am curious about how the people react there to a man in heel.

Next time i should plan a longer stay .And maybe in springtime  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

I had a breakfast at the hotel. Nothing so exciting! People didn't react so much. But it was obvious they noticed the shoes. Two males waiters stood behind me and looked at my shoes during nearly a minute. They haven't realized that I could see them in a mirror,on the wall! Funny! The female waitresses behaved normally  

These oxford with the thin heels are from Peter Chu. Close to Toronto ( Hamilton).I just  got them on my arrval day. I have asked for a bigger width and they fit perfectly. 

I hope I could have time for a visit to the Bâta museum. Depending of an appointment tomorrow. My flight is at 6.45 pm. Let's see. 

The fun would be to walk there. But the weather is more than crappy. Typical for Toronto in November. 

I also would have wished to spend some time in the gay area. Just because I am curious about how the people react there to a man in heel.

Next time i should plan a longer stay .And maybe in springtime  

We used to have the greatest long layovers in Toronto....A nice Marriott Courtyard between younge street and the club all the gay clubs were on....Would love to wear my boots there now....Toronto is a great city, was always amazed how clean it was...

• Thanks 1

pebblesf,

It's Canada, every city is clean. Canadians know how to use garbage bins and recycling containers and their cities are organized and functional. It may not have the glitz of the USA but there is a reason Canada is perpetually in the top ten nations for livability, transparency, and overall quality of life. These observations are based on annual trips to Canada as well as travelling to other US and foreign destinations over the years. I served the USA , in either a military or civilian capacity, for 36 years so I think I've earned the right to speak my mind about it so I can tell you the amount of blight tolerated in American cities is scandalous compared to Canada. Neighbourhood blight and educational blight are the biggest differences between the two nations I am convinced. Special interests leads to divergent municipal funding and a lack of coherent educational policy in many urban areas has brought many American cities to their present state of decay. Canada seems to have avoided this because special interests are kept in check and government appears more responsive and transparent. That's my perspective. HappyinHeels

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

pebblesf,

It's Canada, every city is clean. Canadians know how to use garbage bins and recycling containers and their cities are organized and functional. It may not have the glitz of the USA but there is a reason Canada is perpetually in the top ten nations for livability, transparency, and overall quality of life. These observations are based on annual trips to Canada as well as travelling to other US and foreign destinations over the years. I served the USA , in either a military or civilian capacity, for 36 years so I think I've earned the right to speak my mind about it so I can tell you the amount of blight tolerated in American cities is scandalous compared to Canada. Neighbourhood blight and educational blight are the biggest differences between the two nations I am convinced. Special interests leads to divergent municipal funding and a lack of coherent educational policy in many urban areas has brought many American cities to their present state of decay. Canada seems to have avoided this because special interests are kept in check and government appears more responsive and transparent. That's my perspective. HappyinHeels

Forgot the most important point or problem In Canada is buying heels larger than size 10 at any brick and mortar store, Aldo, Marshalls, Stuart Weitzman etc.. At least in any US department store like Nordstrom you will able to purchase and leave with heels in size 12 or 11 in designers that make them. Go to my Jimmy Choo boutique in Yorkdale  Mall you won't be able to find any size 11 and up in stiletto heels to try on.  Maybe because female feet are smaller than most american counterparts.  Think Canada needs a WNBA team have some big foot woman walking around this frozen tundra of ours.

Went to Nordstrom's department store located nearby downtown Toronto eaton centre. Seen spring sale of female Stuart Weitzman booties online and in store. Wanted to buy the Pure Bootie seen online the size 11 and 11.5 were available. Instead of ordering online and getting hit with duties and shipping charges i decided to purchase in store. Nice SA woman in the store told me they don't stock the size i needed but would check online. Unfortunately she couldn't order the bootie to Canada for advertised sale price from the same store from US ridiculous and she agreed apologizing.  After delivery and duties the booties would cost me $1200 and won't be returnable. Just wanted to size and fit tring bootie on but it was impossible. Went down the mall to Stuart Weitzman boutique asked for Pure Bootie in size 11.5 -12 US, dumb SA female told me they don't make a size that large. The maximum is a size 10 US  are sold, go figure, living in Canada. 

Nevermind ordering heels online US shops and when checkout they are disallowed to ship items to Canada. What's the deal with that it's as if i was ordering a brick of cocaine from a Columbian website importation is illegal. Welcome to Canada just want to buy some nice clothes and shoes without paying retail or absorbed duties, shipping fees and taxes often doubling the price of the item.

Just Alexander Wang ponyhair booties i'm desiring eyeballing, doubt I can try on my  Saks store because they don't have the size 11 US in stock.1059455_ou_pp.jpg

1059455_bk_xl.jpg

Edited by MackyHeels

8 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Welcome to Canada just want to buy some nice clothes and shoes without paying retail or absorbed duties, shipping fees and taxes often doubling the price of the item.

Those fees are imposed by Canada.

But its not as easy in brick and mortar shops here either. I wanted to try on the new Jessica Simpson knee high  boots I saw on the Nordstrom website so I went to a Nordstrom's department store in a super mall in Silicon Valley. They (Nordstrom) don't carry Jessica Simpson in store - online only. The Steve Madden store in the same super mall doesn't get half the styles they have on their SM website - my SM Manner was never in store. When I wore them in shopping one day all the SA's wanted to see them.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, there are some tradeoffs. The duty fees are levied by the federal government of Canada which goes into the general treasury which goes to support all the social programmes the liberals are so proud of. While I don't agree with Canadians' choice being limited I also recognise higher taxation comes with increased socialization in the economy. There is a reason Canadian car trunks almost never come back empty into Canada. If you live where 75% of Canadians live then you live within easy reach of the US border so make a trip in the near future. If you did get a pair of nice shoes, for example, you would just discard the packing materials to save space in your luggage and scuff the shoe bottoms a bit. They are now modified and appear as your normal effects. Buy something else to officially declare like some inexpensive clothing or something like that. It is not rocket science.  This comes from many many years of crossing borders and I have never been messed with. Look the part and like you belong and things will go well. HinH