Help me decide an outfit

KneeBooted

29 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

I would guess airports are more likely a noticeable place because we are all heading to the same place in the same direction. Everyone is standing around so they pay attention to their surroundings. Thanks for the replies on here, because it is helping me stay calm and distracted so I don’t overthink and assume everyone is watching. I would like to think that the people who notice don’t give it a second thought.

But I would not be surprised if as I am sitting and the boots on show a little more, I end up with people trying to get a closer look.

Weird observation, is it just me or do guys notice shoes more than women? The people that are paying more attention(I presume) are guys.

Weird

To me, nothing weird, totally predictable that the guys are showing more interest...I truly feel that most guys have an interest in wearing heels, but won't admit it to themselves or actually indulge their most hidden/secret desires....Women wear heels/boots all the time, so it is no big deal...But, when many guys notice, that is from frustrated hidden desire and envy. 

You look great.  The most important thing is that you are comfortable with whatever your choice is for public heeling..  We can express our opinions, give a few pointers, which is great.  But, you are not going to have a good experience if you don't feel comfortable wearing a particular outfit publicly.  The key to success (for me anyway), is to realize that you have forgotten about wearing boots/tighter jeans while out publicly, this gets rid of all the ridiculous pressure/worry we tend to put on ourselves. 

You look great with the jeans over the boots and the blazer, very stylish and professional.  Realizing that guys are noticing is a compliment for sure,  confirming that you have made a good choice.  Have a great time and enjoy it...D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree especially with the envy part. I do think there is a strong element of that. You’ve broken free of the herd. Whether they care for the particular style or not, the fact you’ve broken free will bring a bit of wistful envy

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 8:58 AM, Pierre1961 said:

Definitely the blue jean covering the black boots. And the jacket. 

No doubt about that. !!

great look!

Pierre 

I absolutely agree with Pierre - that´s a very stylish & professional look. You look great! 

Safe travels....!

Tom

• Like 2

Count me as being one of the admirerers.  I regret that I don’t have knee high boots with that high a heel yet, so I will likely be in the airport wearing my usual 19” tall western boots next month.  However I do plan to pack a pair of heels to wear into the office - haven’t decided which ones yet.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

KneeBooted,

I believe the light blue shirt with the jeans and the black blazer with the black with the black boots tucked into the jeans is your most balanced look of what I've seen so far. So you have settled on Hayward? That has the distinction of being the closest place in the East Bay to the Peninsula. Of course you'll have one bridge toll every day. I do hope this move works out for you. HappyinHeels

If I may step back and observe, there is a lot of sincere help, encouragement and advice being given here to a relative newbie who asked for help. This is one of the goals of this forum and it's being handled very well. The posts are all positive. 

KneeBooted, I hope you found this forum helpful, and I agree with Pebblesf. You look fine. The black boots look great. Relax and don't worry. Have a great flight and safe travels!

Steve

• Like 3

I can’t think everyone enough for the support so far! I’ve made it through my first leg and am waiting to depart on my second leg to Louisville.

This truly is a wonderful and supportive forum, and I can’t express how much your kind words have helped.

I have taken the advice and kept my headphones in for most of the flight, which has helped tremendously. It has given me an opportunity to people watch and have caught a few lookers, although no comments or compliments. But if I am following the spirit, I prefer to blend in and not draw attention.

So here’s to my last leg and some weekend heeling! (I’m going as a basic chick for my cousins Halloween themed wedding tomorrow) pics to follow.

• Like 2

Bear in mind too that if you see eyes looking your way, it might have nothing to do with your boots or heels at all but simply a matter of idle people-watching. I do it all the time when I travel. Nothing censorious. Just taking in the world around me. A lot of these people will do the same and will have forgotten what you were wearing ten minutes later...

• Like 1

Totally right: men look at the shoes more than women. And I can feel jealousy or some negative feelings. 

Women don't care or seems to appreciate. 

So far,during my travels in heels,I got a very nice remark from 2 young girls in the elevator. And a lot of negative looks from men. 

Thats fine: I am straight: I love women. Men could be my friends if very open minded. If not,they don't even exist for me  

• Like 3

On 10/26/2018 at 2:15 PM, Cali said:

The zippers will get you every time.  I have Clear too, but my boots have to come off.  They all have zippers.

I once wore riding boots and thought that the extra metal details on them caused the need to remove them. I would like to think that if I wore a pair that were pull on with no zipper that I might make it through without having to take them off.

I fly again around thanksgiving, new task for myself?

• Like 2

GAH! So I was showing off some outfit ideas to my wife and took off my Nine West boots only to discover they apparently got damaged when they went through the scanner at the airport! I’m not certain it was done there but they were in tip top shape the day before, and they’ve been put up since I got in town... has anyone ever had this happen? I realize there’s nothing I can do at this point, I just needed to vent.

549AD40D-DDF8-4067-B84E-445D4C4DE522.jpeg

F1EBEBAD-C0FC-4355-8A23-1B2F8A440433.jpeg

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cali said:

Maybe from the seat in front on the plane. Put them in a tray next time?

The downside is there is no big tray in the precheck line that I remember seeing. I wore them under my jeans on the plane. I think I will reconsider wearing my favorite boots lol, although I am ocd and hate the idea of any of them wearing out...

• Like 1

They should have trays there, usually stacked up right before the conveyor belt. 

Sorry your boots got damaged buddy, but they still look fine and have plenty of life left in them....

Wish you were on one of my flights, I'm with AA....D

4 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

They should have trays there, usually stacked up right before the conveyor belt. 

Sorry your boots got damaged buddy, but they still look fine and have plenty of life left in them....

Wish you were on one of my flights, I'm with AA....D

I only fly American if I can help it! I fly back tomorrow to SJC through ORD

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

GAH! So I was showing off some outfit ideas to my wife and took off my Nine West boots only to discover they apparently got damaged when they went through the scanner at the airport! I’m not certain it was done there but they were in tip top shape the day before, and they’ve been put up since I got in town... has anyone ever had this happen? I realize there’s nothing I can do at this point, I just needed to vent.

Get some good leather conditioner and work it into the scratches.  Putting oils and protection back in will prevent it from getting worse, and over time the cuts will soften a little and not look as fresh and harsh.  If you keep all the leather protected, the boots can still last a lifetime, gashes and all.  To some, the blemishes add character and show that they don’t just sit on a shelf - they get used!  

• Like 1