Help me decide an outfit

KneeBooted

Hello everyone!

As the title suggests, I would like your opinion on deciding an outfit!

I have very limited options out here in California at the moment since I am not fully moved out here yet.

But, I brought a few things and tonight, decided I’d put a couple of outfit ideas together. The reason for this is that I am heading back home a week from this coming Friday, and trying to decide on my travel outfit.

It is supposed to be cold back home in southern Indiana, and possibly rainy.

Please feel free to reply with your vote on which outfit you think should be my “fly home” attire!

I put a picture of the jacket and black boots together on here to show the color difference. I’ve no idea if black and navy can go together.

7677934F-DDB0-4F73-A092-6E790ACD5CF9.jpeg

EEFA87FA-872E-4BA5-A4DB-1B93B0608960.jpeg

D28196EC-CD5C-496B-8AA3-3ABE622A6795.jpeg

6E7D420D-AEFD-4437-AD44-8B8D95F2D2C7.jpeg

29FA3570-8412-43D1-8053-B3A609A3439E.jpeg

7C092A13-D09F-4570-9252-B9AE9303315E.jpeg

3F90EC8A-05BB-4023-AA2A-6C4EDCB0D3ED.jpeg

F740E7CB-6B6D-4595-A637-81CAC4BEEACC.jpeg

7A5278E7-9C2F-4098-8E94-794ADDBAF5B4.jpeg

**UPDATE**

So tonight I went and bought new skinny jeans because the pair I had actually didn’t fit well. But I bought two pair, light and dark.

IF I wear my jeans tucked into boots... which looks better, light or dark? I added new photos...

CB72B424-0B8C-4FA1-9793-076449236A42.jpeg

1D496067-1AA8-4B2E-85C7-B4642A6F6E59.jpeg

Edited by KneeBooted
Added pictures
  • Like 2

KB,

As a rule, black and navy generally do not mix well. But if the fabrics are very different, such as denim jeans with a black gabardine or twill jacket (can't really determine the fabric from your photos), it could be acceptable. Since you are flying home, however, you might want to re-think the boots if you have to take them off for TSA security. There won't be any trouble with heeled boots, but boots in general take time and effort to remove and put back on. I generally like to use something easier, such as sandals, pumps, or clogs. Just a thought.

I love the black boots, and I have a similar pair. Fun to wear!

Safe travels,

Steve

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Steve63130 said:

KB,

As a rule, black and navy generally do not mix well. But if the fabrics are very different, such as denim jeans with a black gabardine or twill jacket (can't really determine the fabric from your photos), it could be acceptable. Since you are flying home, however, you might want to re-think the boots if you have to take them off for TSA security. There won't be any trouble with heeled boots, but boots in general take time and effort to remove and put back on. I generally like to use something easier, such as sandals, pumps, or clogs. Just a thought.

I love the black boots, and I have a similar pair. Fun to wear!

Safe travels,

Steve

The jacket is navy, which the pictures don’t do it justice in showing that.  I am not sure of the fabric, it’s just a basic blazer.

But yeah, it’d be navy blazer, denim, and potentially black boots.

With TSA, I have pre-check, so no need to remove shoes as long as metal detector doesn’t go crazy, which for the black boots, I wouldn’t think that would be the case.

• Like 1

Kneebooted,

I like the look in photos 4+6 the best. If you have TSA Pre and don't have to remove shoes then I'd go for the look that's true to your display name. The full tucked-in boot as in #6 makes a statement about fashion and confidence. We have had several days of very clear and sunny weather in Wisconsin but there is a swath of rain and unusually cool weather from Texas to Ohio. I'm sure you'll look fabulous with any of these. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

Kneebooted,

I like the look in photos 4+6 the best. If you have TSA Pre and don't have to remove shoes then I'd go for the look that's true to your display name. The full tucked-in boot as in #6 makes a statement about fashion and confidence. We have had several days of very clear and sunny weather in Wisconsin but there is a swath of rain and unusually cool weather from Texas to Ohio. I'm sure you'll look fabulous with any of these. HappyinHeels

Just to clarify, which photo shows as #6? Per my viewing, 4 is the jeans tucked in, 6 is the knee boots under jeans.

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

Kneebooted,

I also vote for these boots - looking good!

• Like 2

Nice outfit, KB. I also like 4 and 6....  the boots-over would go well with skinny jeans (your original pictures seem more skinny than the later 2, by the way.. ???)  both the boot cut looks great over the heels too.

travel well and do report back! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Nice outfit, KB. I also like 4 and 6....  the boots-over would go well with skinny jeans (your original pictures seem more skinny than the later 2, by the way.. ???)  both the boot cut looks great over the heels too.

travel well and do report back! 

I looked at the pictures again this morning, and I must say the light colored jeans do look more loose than the others... I normally buy American Eagle jeans, and had been going as low as a 10, but I bought size 12 last night because I though the 10s made my love handles stick way out... I haven’t washed them or taken the tags off yet, maybe a wash will do the trick?

But thanks for the feedback!

Well talk about me being indecisive! After @jeremy1986 made the comment about the new “skinny” jeans looking more loose, I shuffled myself back on over to American Eagle and exchanged them for jeggings instead. As it turns out, they are more of a snug fit, as well as comfortable!

I got the same color light pair, but the darker pair aren’t as dark as the skinny jeans I had originally picked up.

Anyway, here are the two NEW options that lay before me. Thoughts please.

A9F72A12-DC0C-43AC-B3C9-891D25154B78.jpeg

54663FB2-184F-4AFC-BBC2-F661DD6007F7.jpeg

• Like 3

Well, I am surely partial to the black heeled boots.  But, the most important thing is that you wear an outfit you are comfortable wearing in a public situation.  I like the black jacket, with either of the t shirts, along with either pair of tight fitting jeans tucked inside the black heeled boots...Those boots look easy to walk in for sure. 

I can't wait to hear how your trip went, see more pictures, and hear about pleasant conversations and compliments...You look great buddy, where are you moving to in Ca?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Well, I am surely partial to the black heeled boots.  But, the most important thing is that you wear an outfit you are comfortable wearing in a public situation.  I like the black jacket, with either of the t shirts, along with either pair of tight fitting jeans tucked inside the black heeled boots...Those boots look easy to walk in for sure. 

I can't wait to hear how your trip went, see more pictures, and hear about pleasant conversations and compliments...You look great buddy, where are you moving to in Ca?

I am currently living in Palo Alto, but will likely end up in Hayward.

Thanks so much for the compliments!

Actually, that’s a navy colored jacket. Do you still think it goes together?

• Like 1

Well, I think I’m fairly convinced that it’s now or never, lol. I’ve never worn pants tucked into boots except for a steam punk event that I talked about last year.

Sitting here convincing myself that what I do is so minimal and inconsequential compared to the massive universe we are in, I think I’ve narrowed it down to two choices...

Essentially it’s the one outfit from before with the knee high boots, or my wedge ankle boots with the lighter colored jeggings

79E16A03-2372-4F15-839E-EAF6D49A81C6.jpeg

126A4177-3A9A-4D0A-828A-4E47B6C26C1E.jpeg

Edited by KneeBooted
Added a picture
  • Like 3

Wear the tall boots and pack the other ones.  I always wear the tall boots when I travel.  It is easier to wear them than to pack and haul them around - they would take up so much space in a travel bag.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Wear the tall boots and pack the other ones.  I always wear the tall boots when I travel.  It is easier to wear them than to pack and haul them around - they would take up so much space in a travel bag.  

If I end up wearing the wedge ones, I won’t pack the knee ones. I’m just going home for a couple of days.

Well, due to a last minute change on my arriving end, I had to change things up a tiny bit. I’ll not be wearing my jeggings tucked into boots as my in-laws are picking me up, who are very conservative and not aware as far as I know of my heeling. So I’m wearing my boots still, but with bootcut jeans so I can put my Converse wedges on when I land so as to not cause a stir, lol.

But it’s the first time I’m flying in noticeable heels period, so a small milestone!

C225981C-DCA1-4356-B5C3-61F62EA7EBDF.jpeg

• Like 4

They are not that noticeable under the jeans - you can probably just keep them on.  Besides, isn’t Kentucky horse riding country?  I imagine boots with some heel are not all that strange there.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

They are not that noticeable under the jeans - you can probably just keep them on.  Besides, isn’t Kentucky horse riding country?  I imagine boots with some heel are not all that strange there.  

They are noticeable if you are looking lol. Guess who got selected for a random pat down? This guy!

TSA pre-check and I still had to take off the boots because the zippers were too much metal.

EDIT: so far, I’ve passively observed a few people notice, but no one has said anything to me, so that’s a plus. They are people watching just like me.

Edited by KneeBooted
  • Like 2

I would guess airports are more likely a noticeable place because we are all heading to the same place in the same direction. Everyone is standing around so they pay attention to their surroundings. Thanks for the replies on here, because it is helping me stay calm and distracted so I don’t overthink and assume everyone is watching. I would like to think that the people who notice don’t give it a second thought.

But I would not be surprised if as I am sitting and the boots on show a little more, I end up with people trying to get a closer look.

Weird observation, is it just me or do guys notice shoes more than women? The people that are paying more attention(I presume) are guys.

Weird

• Like 1

Just ignore the lot of them 

Find something to read. Forget all about it.

My pull-on knee boots are custom made and fit quite snugly, comfortably so, but it is a bit of a job wriggling them off. Nothing I can do standing up. And so I don’t wear them when I fly. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1