Survey: Does your wife/GF/SO know about your membership on HHP?

jeremy1986

Does your wife/GF/SO know about your membership on HHP?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Does your wife/GF/SO know about your membership on HHP?

Yes knows about it

We shop for heels and clothes with and without each other

We always wear heels when we are out, we are in Florida for a break and each only have 1 pair of gym shoes, but each have 4 pairs of heels, matching Steve Madden Dejavu black pumps!!

We each brought 1 checked bag of clothes on the plane,,,,,,,, and 1 checked bag of just shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

- - - She knows to a point, but she's not going to go looking for it.

7 hours ago, CAT said:

Yes knows about it

We always wear heels when we are out, we are in Florida for a break and each only have 1 pair of gym shoes, but each have 4 pairs of heels, matching Steve Madden Dejavu black pumps!!

We each brought 1 checked bag of clothes on the plane,,,,,,,, and 1 checked bag of just shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how was your trip??

I'll be bugging out of EC tomorrow morning, but I did get down to Southland for some shopping today. The Ameristar ain't what it's cracked up to be !!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CAT said:

Yes knows about it

Such fun! Sounds like you are very lucky - as is she ;-)

Keep us picture-posted!!

• Like 1

My wife has known about high heels and all the accessories since 1985 when we married but doesn't know about HHP. I don't imagine she would be surprised but I see no reason to make a splash with it either. Participating here breaks no rules of matrimony since it a forum and not a dating site. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

My wife has known since I joined . I have shown her pictures from here and had her read some posts . There are not to many sites or blogs I go to she does not know about . LOL 

Edited by maninpumps
  • Like 1

No as she has no interest in heels.  I have purchased a few pair for her over the years and they just kind of "disappear."  She says they just are not comfortable to wear after the first few minutes.  The last pair for her, I even bought a matching pair and found them to very comfortable but after a onetime wear, she said they were not.  Sadly.

• Sad 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

On 10/11/2018 at 6:46 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Thought it would be interesting to poll you folks - Does your wife/GF/SO know about your membership on HHP?

Mine does not, though I have considered telling her..!

Same as jeremy1986 and Pierre1961 :cry:

Edited by BootsOnly
  • Like 2

My wife is well aware of my heels and knows about hhplace. I have found that being honest about my heels has been very beneficial and her acceptance makes me feel very lucky to be married to such an awesome lady.

Edited by bnchmrk
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

My wife is well aware of my heels and knows about hhplace. I have found that being honest about my heels has been very beneficial and her acceptance makes me feel very lucky to be married to such an awesome lady.

You are so right!  She is awesome, take good care of her....

• Thanks 1

She doesn’t know yet, but only because she handles change kind of slowly and my interest in heels and fashion is a new thing for me.  

Last weekend she was just giving me a hard time about my new black “skinny jeans” despite them specifically being the classic mid rise cut.  The only change I made was that I bought pants in my real waist size, and actually fit, for the first time since high school.  I had tried the actual skinny jeans in the store, and yes they are skin tight and no that is not what I bought, but she was giving me a hard time all weekend.  Interestingly, after explaining how difficult it is to find pants that fit, she was the one who raised that the best solution for me is to wear women’s jeans.  We have the same waist size, so she threw me a pair of her jeans to try on.  After she got over the initial amazement that I look just as good in her exact jeans as she looks, she went online and ordered a couple pairs for me, ending the issue lol.  

This week she has been insisting that I should wear my boots outside of my pants instead of under them.  So yes some days she is edgier than I am lol.  

I am really glad HHP exists, as it focuses  on what interests me, and I would not have to do much explaining to my wife about what I am doing here.  In the broader internet, heels are associated with fetishes and gender reassignment, which is not my interest.  

Once things settle down with my pants choices I’ll break out the boots with 3” heels.  They are only 0.75” taller than what I wear every day so it is not that much of a change.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

She doesn’t know yet, but only because she handles change kind of slowly and my interest in heels and fashion is a new thing for me.  

Last weekend she was just giving me a hard time about my new black “skinny jeans” despite them specifically being the classic mid rise cut.  The only change I made was that I bought pants in my real waist size, and actually fit, for the first time since high school.  I had tried the actual skinny jeans in the store, and yes they are skin tight and no that is not what I bought, but she was giving me a hard time all weekend.  Interestingly, after explaining how difficult it is to find pants that fit, she was the one who raised that the best solution for me is to wear women’s jeans.  We have the same waist size, so she threw me a pair of her jeans to try on.  After she got over the initial amazement that I look just as good in her exact jeans as she looks, she went online and ordered a couple pairs for me, ending the issue lol.  

This week she has been insisting that I should wear my boots outside of my pants instead of under them.  So yes some days she is edgier than I am lol.  

I am really glad HHP exists, as it focuses  on what interests me, and I would not have to do much explaining to my wife about what I am doing here.  In the broader internet, heels are associated with fetishes and gender reassignment, which is not my interest.  

Once things settle down with my pants choices I’ll break out the boots with 3” heels.  They are only 0.75” taller than what I wear every day so it is not that much of a change.  

You have an amazing wife, she is secure in your relationship, and is so supportive....

My wife is aware of the site, and that I've post/have posted pictures to it, but does not like it at all.  Whenever the issue comes up, she calls it a fetish site, which I tell her it is decidedly not, that there are rules against that sort of thing, but again, she doesn't listen to/believe me.

That being said, I still post to the site but don't tell her I do it, although she assumes that I do.  It's an argument that just doesn't need to happen on top of everything else.

She does know about my heels, but doesn't care to ever see them on me, or what the ones I have even look like.  The are usually relegated to being in a box in our spare bedroom at the moment.  Part of her dislike is most likely the fact that she had botched ankle surgery a couple years ago so she gets extremely jealous if I have heels and she doesn't, and tells me all the time there's "only one woman in this relationship" or something similar.  She also knows I have a few nail polish bottles, but again, doesn't care to see my toes painted.  I do a lot of shopping for heels at thrift stores and would say, half of my current 16 pr collection, come from thrift stores for $5-$10 ea.  The rest are bought online from $25-55.  I haven't spent more than that on shoes . . . yet.  She's convinced I have a collection that cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars and that I spend every waking moment and dollar on heels.

I wish she was more open, and maybe, at some point in the future, she might be more open/accepting of it, but for now, I am just extremely grateful there is a site (this one) with people of similar interests to my own in heel wearing, as a sort of support group for those of us who the bulk of society view as "different" due to our footwear choice, but then again, I could give a s*&% what society thinks.  I'm old enough to not care as much anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The subject of wives knowing of their husband wearing woman’s shoes has always been widely discussed in this venue.  It is an issue that seemingly has no solution and, at the same time, has to be resolved if the relationship is to remain harmonious.  It’s a real quandary.  There is no one solution that satisfies everyone because of the attitude towards masculinity/femininity feelings.  There have been members of our group that have related tales of divorces and ruined lives because they revealed their desire to wear high heels.  And, there was one guy from Texas that went broke when he told his wife, dressed in her clothes to show her and she liked his looks so much that she spent most of their income buying outfits fo him to wear.

Anyone that is interested in this issue should really go back and look through our archives and read some of the postings to get a real flavor for just how difficult and complicated it is.

• Like 3

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Since I don't presently have a SO, this question is kinda moot.

Since I wear heels almost all of the time, this question is kinda moot. If you have seen me, you have seen me in heels (and you know I love nail polish).  No secrets there. Especially knee high suede boots and shorts.

But I would keep this site to myself. I want a place that I can go and discussion something without my SO knowing about it.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

Cali,

Yes, I've seen you so I have seen you in heels so I'll stay mute on that issue as it is a moot point. :cool:

Bubba136,

Your point about others consulting the archives is a great one as so much information and perspective is found there. It is a diary of our members' experiences and much can be gleaned by members today whom  might be going through the same thing.  HinH

• Like 1

Obviously my partner knows about my heels buy she doesn't know about this site. She doesnt mind my heels addiction. Never thought i had to tell her to be honest, its just a forum. 

• Like 3

Wife does not know, and after nearly 50 years together, I'm not going to throw that at her.  It's just simply too late - though I admit that I have been somewhat sloppy in covering my tracks lately and may at some point have some difficult explaining to do!.  The other factor for me is a recent health issue - cancer with no cure in sight.  My time on this planet with be limited.  Taking drugs to stop progress but no one knows how long they will work - one year, two years?  Just don't know.  So she really doesn't need to know about the heels at this point as it would just add to her anguish.  So I will just keep quiet and enjoy the occasional chance to wear some heels as long as I can.  Probably why my biggest enjoyment these days is shopping and trying things on rather than actually buying the heels, as my chances for wearing them went way down when she retired and I'm no longer home alone during the daytime.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, blueparrot said:

She HATES my footwear so I certainly don't talk about this place with her. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, blueparrot said:

She HATES my footwear so I certainly don't talk about this place with her. 

Same here...

30 minutes ago, RonC said:

Wife does not know, and after nearly 50 years together, I'm not going to throw that at her.  It's just simply too late - though I admit that I have been somewhat sloppy in covering my tracks lately and may at some point have some difficult explaining to do!.  The other factor for me is a recent health issue - cancer with no cure in sight.  My time on this planet with be limited.  Taking drugs to stop progress but no one knows how long they will work - one year, two years?  Just don't know.  So she really doesn't need to know about the heels at this point as it would just add to her anguish.  So I will just keep quiet and enjoy the occasional chance to wear some heels as long as I can.  Probably why my biggest enjoyment these days is shopping and trying things on rather than actually buying the heels, as my chances for wearing them went way down when she retired and I'm no longer home alone during the daytime.

So sorry to hear of your condition Ron....I agree, there is no reason to bring it up now....

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

I am also sorry to learn about your health issues, RonC.  Given the prognosis, shouldn’t you be disposing of any residual pairs that you might have on hand lest she, as she is bound to, find them after you depart?  Since she doesn’t know now, just imagine how confused she will be making this discovery later.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

4 hours ago, RonC said:

My time on this planet with be limited.

Sorry to hear about this. New treatments are being developed every day. Good luck in this fight.

You might want to write a note and leave it in your heels.

• Like 1

RonC,

May the Lord keep and guide you for whatever time you have left. Perhaps that guidance will do what the drugs can't. It has amazed me how cancer is essentially treated the same way it was back in 1960. I lost my stepfather in 2015 to cancer after he said he would not be radiated a second time at age 80. Enjoy your heels and your shopping as it is all about comfort right now. God Bless.  HAppyinHeels

• Like 1

@RonC, so sorry to hear of this. Amazes me how cancer seems to be on the rise (despite hearing the other day how many millions or people are being saved from it compared to years passed). It just seems to be popping up with so many people around us. I wish you good health, and do not give up hope - maybe its a stretch, but who knows...! 

Holding thumbs for you, and praying too!

• Like 1