Noticing people in heels

maninboots

Like water trying to penetrate the back of a duck I have concluded Macky likes the drama and occasional trouble he finds and no amount of advice or suggestion here will change that. Just because I think I am good with words doesn't mean I always get through. I did try though. 8-) HinH

• Like 1

Yes indeed. Like trying to peddle cheap and bad wine in the streets of Paris or shouting on a bullhorn how much you like the NY Yankees as you drive around Boston. Both recipes for disaster. The first may result in the guillotine being used and the second may result in some quick, but unscheduled, dental realignment being performed by the citizenry. Cause and effect I guess. HappyinHeels

I saw someone play a hilarious (well, sorta) practical joke in a very tough bar in Australia. A large and aggressive looking biker came in with his girlfriend and one of the guys at the bar nudged the man next to him and said in a loud voice: "What do you mean? She's not fat..."  And then he took his beer and sloped away and left the dumbfounded guy at the bar to do some explaining...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Physical descriptions, and the common perception of same, become rather relative in the midst of imbibing and the less-than-great lighting conditions found in watering holes. Probably by design. More than a few men and women have woke up the next morning, with whomever it was,  and wondered "what was I seeing and thinking?" The answer is neither. Thinking and drinking are two separate operations with often two very different outcomes. The trick is to always moderate the latter so the former does not deceive you. Maybe some just love the adventure though. Or want to to wind up "on the floor". HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this beautiful mallado 20 something woman in suede four inch heel block booties pointed toe that i'm interested in buying for myself. She was coming out of a office building revolving doors all smiles very happy, outfitted in car coat. She had some exchange with black young man who made her smile even more, parting ways while she had a car waiting few steps from the building doors. She looked to being dressed up going out on a birthday date or complimented upon her beauty feeling very good about herself just a hunch. As i was crossing in front wearing my high top leather zip navy blue sneakers, skinny dark denim blue jeggings and insulated black waist jacket.  

While i was observing everything in front of me take place as i was crossing the revolving doors looking for another doorway further on. The young beauty looked upon me as she passed  maybe ten feet away did a scan of my legs which i believe initially started her gazed stare, later upon my designer sneakers. Her demeanour instantly went from very happy on top of the world smile, to serious, stoic, startled,  odd, stare, in millisecond quite the contrast after scanning what i was wearing which i believe had to be my tight  jeans caught her eye. She kept walking towards the car few steps outside the doors of the building while i was crossing next to her never keeping her eyes off my sneakers. As i too was eyeballing her block heel booties trying to figure out the brand she was wearing. Although i began to smile more and later entering the building finally letting out a chuckle upon her contrasting reaction.

Later kept internally trying to figure out why she looked upon me so dead on serious, while just seconds being so happy and carefree. If i wore my heel booties instead of my leather zip high top sneakers i would of assumed it was because of the heels which i could understand her reaction. Then it hit me it had to be my legs wrapped in painted on denim. Or that she recognized me from the building using the same gym. Sometimes people look at me in the street and recognize me from the gym, wearing all sorts of tight female gym outfits leggings tops that they all find amusing, startling, odd, envious, jealous or impressed or unforgetable thus being recognized more. 

Could understand if we were wearing the same booties or similar ones that her laser focus would be on them as i would also stare upon hers. Whenever someone wears same clothes we own it catches our attention sometimes makes us upset that we don't look unique enough but someone dressed up the same. 

Ceases to amaze me that simple plain dark street outfit could change someone's demeanour drastically for whatever reason. Find it bit sad but oddly enough thinking about it makes me laugh (you had to be there to see it)  that i could change someone's mood so quickly with my presence. What a dark shadow  or cloud i bring along with me curse or blessing, just shaking my head in laughter.. This just motivates me to wear my block booties even more.

Anyone have similar experience?.. 

By the way her booties looked similar to Rossi like these but heel was slightly different. What i could tell and assume this young woman like to get dolled up being fashion style is important on her list. 

NMX4H1N_au.jpggf2hmu-l-610x610-coat-tumblr-camel-camelshearling-coat-long-sleeve-blouse-skinny

Edited by MackyHeels

I have only gotten a stare, laugh, pointing or negative comment a handful of times in 5 years of wearing a mixture of clothes out in the street.  However I always get compliments from both men and women, mostly women old and young. Even have doors opened for me.  Doormen at hotels that I either stay at or pass tell me I look awesome.   Just stayed downtown last weekend.  Checked in the hotel in mens NorthFace coat men’s Lululemon top Lululemon leggings and 4” heeled boots.  Younger girl at desk checking us in said she loved my outfit.   Confidence is always the key 

• Like 1

I have been wearing gals flats since I was a teen - long time ago - and heels for the past 20+ years.  I can count on one hand the negative experiences I have had (mostly stares) but years ago I lost track of the compliments !!  Enjoy your heels...  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF,

Stares don't necessarily mean disapproval or have a negative connotation. They just mean the observer can't get his or her head wrapped around the idea that a guy would wear women's shoes. It's a disconnect that their brain can't process immediately, and the reaction might be a stare, laughter, or raised eyebrows, for example. So watch it on the stares. Hold the hand rail! LOL

Steve

• Like 2

Sometimes when I get the "stare" I'll simply ask as I pass by, "don't you just love them" and may times I'll get a "YES."  Last real stare was from a woman who followed me out of the post office. As I was getting into my car she stopped behind my car and told me "interesting foot wear." I had my Steve Madden beat up mules on.

Steve....  Yeah you b right.  So, disregarding the previously mentioned stares, my life of heeling has been uneventful for the most part.  Nice, very nice...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

10 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

SF,

Stares don't necessarily mean disapproval or have a negative connotation. They just mean the observer can't get his or her head wrapped around the idea that a guy would wear women's shoes. It's a disconnect that their brain can't process immediately, and the reaction might be a stare, laughter, or raised eyebrows, for example. So watch it on the stares. Hold the hand rail! LOL

Steve

Exactly but what is the disconnect? Is it because they believe if your a certain gender you must comply wearing clothes and shoes for that sex. 

What i find unusual is when someone looks not what you expect such as androgynous appearance. We as people want to figure out gender quickly when the traditional appearance changes or blurs peoples focus they find staring longer necessary. Sometimes it comes at laughs giggles because at initial superficial look they assumed a gender after a longer stare they figured they misjudged and was wrong.

Was coming out of my car at a grocery store parking lot wearing my skin tight jeans and four inch block heel black leather booties. Seen couple young woman dressed in leggings and chelsea booties and flats. While they were walking very slowly approaching rear of my parked car i thought to let them pass while i was making my way out of the car. As i stood watched them standing by my drivers door, overlooking them on the opposite side. Figured they  be observing me walking into the store following behind thought to let them go ahead of me. While they took almost eternity to get to the back of the truck of my car i lost patience and began to head in front of them. Little did i know i got in front of them literally right  next to them. Startled the one woman because she didn't notice me at all  between the cars or was not paying attention chatting to her friend. Only the torso would of been noticed if they looked as i stood at the drivers door. Suppose it sounds scary having a male creep out at the exact time the woman came walking passed at the dead of night. While i kept walking they instantly noticed my heel booties looking down after there initial scare voicing out Uh! as if there being attacked. Then the one woman voiced out WOE! In low sexy tone. Nothing was said afterwards as i kept walking quickly which wasn't hard behind these turtles. Later in the store i didn't see either of them looking upon me as odd or unusual which surprised me. Expected some giggles or laughter even glares upon me in well lit store but they minded their business cared less what i was wearing.

It dawned on me that from my previous post wearing plain unisex flat shoes along with female tight fitting pants is dilema for some to overcome. Often i read on the forum many wearing stiletto, heels, hose, skirts you rarely get reactions. So to when i complete my outfit with heel block booties people react entirely differently then without wearing heels. Suppose some believe oh he is a cross dresser no doubt leave him be. Don't laugh, don't stare, he is minority maybe transgendered.  While wearing just the female tight jeans people can assume a wider gamut about him such as; he's probably gay, is he wearing his girlfriends jeans looks odd, he is trying to be stylish but fails miserably pitting him, poor guy is single none wants him look at what he wears, no wonder.

Edited by MackyHeels

I seriously doubt anyone gives that much thought, let alone analysis, to what other people - perfect strangers - are wearing, unless maybe they're trudging across the parking lot in a deep sea diving suit or doing their grocery shopping in scuba flippers, goggle and snorkel.

Or if there are people who do care so deeply what strangers wear, they are vanishingly small minority.      

• Like 1

I’ve come to realise by wearing various styles of heeled boots on full show both in coffee shops and major shopping centres that really nobody gives two hoots what you’ve got on your feet, no i don’t over do the feminine dress code, I’m pretty much average male fashion but with high heels boots of all lengths worn over jeans, I’ve stopped and engaged in conversation with both males and females and still no questions asked, so all you heels wearing men all over the world, just get out there and wear your heels as freely as any woman would and don’t be worried about other people, it really isn’t a big deal if done tastefully 

• Like 7

I was in Costco and an young Asian woman came around the corner and she couldn't take her eyes off my heels. She looked up at me for just a moment and went right back to locking onto my shoes. I used the "Don't you just love them" line as I passed. I heard her whisper "yes".

LOL

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cali said:

I was in Costco and an young Asian woman came around the corner and she couldn't take her eyes off my heels. She looked up at me for just a moment and went right back to locking onto my shoes. I used the "Don't you just love them" line as I passed. I heard her whisper "yes".

LOL

Which ones were they ;-) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cali said:

LOL

Reminds me similar experience at Costco. Had this young Asian female chase after me in aisle with the cart. She probably noticed me somewhere between entering the aisle. As I stopped looking at an item, she pulled across from me very excited then stared upon my leggings dark jeans. Wasn’t wearing high heels, but I was positive she was only intrigued of the colour and style of my J-brand skinnny jeans. 

Little did she know as she stared at my bulge profile noticing it prominently displayed. She got eyeful, as I turned towards her to give a better angle to stare. Giving her ample opportunity  acting as  I didn’t notice her bulging stunned focus eye stare. Her sudden  pale complexion from embarrassed observation was evident and her mom chased after concerned  saying what’s wrong dear. The cute high school gal stood dumbfounded looking away trying to respond, loss of words. The mother sort of knew why the daughter took off quickly chasing me down. Mom  having a smirk on her face approaching her daughter slowly knowing she was intrigued at a man in the aisle. 

The young daughter made up excuse looking upon the tuna fish cans. Telling her mom, oh, thought they had something on sale. Mom initially grinning closed lip walking slowly towards her saying thought you hated fish, with a gotcha moment,  ahh open mouth chuckle fully aware the daughter was chasing me down. Then as the Asian daughter began to turn back leaving, the mom said to her. Looks to me you found something you liked in the aisle  with a smile on her face towards the daughter. The daughter feeling embarrassed that her mother might of figured her daughters motives. Leaving me in the aisle being only one nearby in tight jeans aside for the daughter. Lol..

Felt as though the daughter has honest skinny jean fetish or fashion style intrigue. She got a lot more to observe then just denim jeans. 

Edited by MackyHeels

Macky,

I was sure there was something with the bulge.

Maybe you could have a more peaceful life in your mind and in reality after seriously dealing with this issue.

Of course ballet dancers are fully displaying it. But dance attire is very rarely seen out in the streets

Regards.

Edited by Gudulitooo

46 minutes ago, Gudulitooo said:

Macky,

I was sure there was something with the bulge.

Maybe you could have a more peaceful life in your mind and in reality after seriously dealing with this issue.

Of course ballet dancers are fully displaying it. But dance attire rare rarely seen out in the streets

Regards.

It’s a part of me, some call it exhitionism I  actually enjoy it. In my many chats woman  trainers or various gym members compliment my body. My only question is believing there hypes is it true. Or are they focused there mind only on my prominent bulge. Only question it when a female has tongue ring telling me she loves my body. Then noticing female trainer with her client laughing while the client stares upon me.

Had trainer tell me once you should hear what my clients both female and male say about you. Men wishing  to look like you. Then she grins and laughs telling me I’m not going to tell you about what the woman say. 

In denim jeans bulge display is often lost from  the denier of the fabric for the most part. While in my gym leggings it is prominently displayed.

Recently as yesterday I seen married female gym member  I called out to. She looked me over what streetwear I was wearing. Tight Paige jeans, hoodie and insulated vest and designer leather sneakers. The female gym member fond of my many outfits. Telling me she finds herself feeling in competition with me every time what to wear in the gym, leggings, tank tops etc.. Then told me I wear it better then her. I laughed, knowing we have almost identical physique legs, glutes. 

While many woman I overhear talking telling other newbie members i’m a dancer. Suppose the way I outfit myself in tight leggings and tops with confidence makes people assume it. What type of dancer they believe I am is to be determined. 

Edited by MackyHeels