What matches purple heels?

p1ng74

Went to Clark’s at the outlet mall and had a splendid time.  Literally hundreds of shoes in women’s size 10.  Most were deeply discounted as they were from 2015-2016, but wearing them I can feel the improvement in the quality over the cheap wedges from Target.  The Target shoes were a low stress introduction to buying heels, but I would recommend anyone remotely serious about wearing the heels to graduate quickly to a better quality product and enjoy the feeling of a nicer shoe.  

There were two women and a man working the store, very busy catching up on tagging inventory and making room for a recent influx of inventory.  Initially I was the only customer, and the narrow, cozy store made the shopping experience very natural.  Unlike large stores where they might separate the men’s and women’s shoes with some displays to demarcate genders, there are only 4 aisles in the store, so being one aisle over from the boring men’s shoes didn’t seem weird at all.  The staff pleasantly  checked in with me as I tried things on, and I put my best “Asian person just looking for a good deal” face and they didn’t hover over me or ask if I was looking for anything specific.  I think it helped that I looked to have experience with heels, slipping them off and on all while one foot is standing on a stilleto.  I don’t use a bench to change shoes.  An older couple walked in to shop as well, a man accompanying his wife in the women’s shoe section.  I didn’t look over to gauge any reaction to what I was doing wearing women’s shoes, but rather just gathered some internal comfort that I wasn’t the only guy there.  

After trying a few things I decided on the purple heels.  The toe box in most of the Clarks shoes felt roomier than my wedges, which might be of interest to men.  Purple is becoming my favorite color, and I even happened to already be wearing a purple shirt.  Hopefully I did not pick a color that will clash with other outfits.  What are some other color shirts and pants that will work with these heels.  Any colors I should avoid?  

0A7C3CD7-1A93-4790-9E99-8ED40347F399.jpeg

• Like 2

I like purple myself. I’d say it - or various shades of it - is probably my favourite colour. I’ve no purple boots though. As to the colour itself, though, greys and blues seem to work pretty well, depending on the shade. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

I wear blue relatively frequently too so I guess I’ll be able to play with it a little.  I think I’m going to get back into black jeans this winter too, and the pair I picked up in the same trip seems to flows really well into these heels.  

DFC8364C-7126-4E0A-BAF9-D01C628593CE.jpeg

• Like 1

Gidday,

Nice shoe choice. Purple is a feature colour - and I think they are a suede pump too ?

Anyhow - I would treat them as a feature shoe - they can be the pop in your outfit.

plain neautral shirt/trousers and a pop of colour on your feet!

Or tone on tone - with purple shades as you are here.

Is good advice from others as to avoiding bright reds/oranges - possible yellows.

greys, blues, lilac,creme, neutrals, black will all be fine.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

Yes they are suede.  I think I get it now, that these are feature shoes, and the rest of the outfit should point towards it.  I have some ideas to work on now, and will report back.  

I also have a pair of purple suede booties from Clarks. I agree on the huge step up that Clarks seem to have in quality and fit over some of the cheaper brands.

I wear my purple boots with either blue denim jeans or black chinos, either a white shirt or like many of my business shirts small checks, and some pink / purple in the checks.

I also have a pair of purple strappy heels which I wear with denim jeans and generally a T shirt or similar.

I have attached pics of these 2, plus a 3rd pair or deep purple patent boots with a clear heel. I loved the colour but was never sure on the heel so I didnt buy these

IMG_5352.JPG

Shoes  (57).JPG

Shoes  (739).JPG

• Like 2

Regards

James

The 3.75” heels were feeling really comfortable walking around the room so I thought I’d see what it was like to take them out for a stroll outside in a very familiar place, and see how different the experience would be.  First thing I noticed walking to the elevator is how much shorter my strides are.   I have been wearing 2.25” heels every day for years, but the extra 1.5” is already a huge difference.  

I decide to also retrieve an item from my car, and it is on the second level of the garage.  Rather than take the elevator, I thought I’d see what it was like to walk on stairs.  Going up was really easy - just went on the balls of your feet like I always do. The parking ramp was on an incline, which is similar to walking down and up hills, and none of this was a problem.  I figured now coming back down the stairs would be easy too.  Wrong.  It was a good thing I held the rail.  I often failed to lift my foot enough to clear the step and was in for a surprise as the heel collided with the corner of the step I had just come from.  This will definitely take practice, and i have new found impression at heelers’ ability to gracefully descend stairs.  Do you all seek out stairs, or would you take an elevator at every opportunity?  

In summary, actually walking outside in heels is a different game than just stepping around the house.  But I also confirmed that the best way to get comfortable in a pair of good shoes is to move in them.  I wore the heels until I went to bed, and when I pulled them off they were still comfortably snug with no pain or numbness.  

Edited by p1ng74
Added some final thoughts

Yes, stairs are a challenge.  Must make sure that heel clears the step behind the one you're stepping on to.  When I see a woman in heels descending a flight of stairs, especially something like at our nations capital building, I am always impressed by their grace at doing so without the benefit of a handrail.  Mrs. Trump does an excellent job at that (no political intent).

• Like 1

Purple often goes quite well with gold. I have one pair of wedges from Charlotte Russe (5.7"/13cm) which are purple over a gold bottom and have worn them with both skinny jeans to a casual event and once with a gold dress to a party some six years ago. HinH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

P1.....   Hey, that looks good.....   Have fun....

I liked your earlier comment about an Asian guy looking for a good deal....  Made me laff...    Now days everyone is so hypersensitive, sometimes it's good too poke fun at ourselves...  But one question, don't you think us "round eyes" want a good deal too???  ha ha  

Take care, enjoy your heels.....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 hour ago, SF said:

P1.....   Hey, that looks good.....   Have fun....

I liked your earlier comment about an Asian guy looking for a good deal....  Made me laff...    Now days everyone is so hypersensitive, sometimes it's good too poke fun at ourselves...  But one question, don't you think us "round eyes" want a good deal too???  ha ha  

Take care, enjoy your heels.....   sf

LOL everyone deserves a good deal!  We live in an interconnected world of so many products and choices now.  Shopping really should be a pleasant experience, especially for non-commodity items.  The factors that close a deal vary from person to person, and it is up to us as consumers to shape what that looks like.  

Had a good time at Dillard’s Monday night when I picked up that bow tie. Too bad I ran out of time and they were closed when I walked by the shoe department.  I was wearing my custom boots and one of the staff approached up to me as I walked by and wanted know what kind of shoes I was wearing!  Might have to swing back there again when I have time - they seem to have a gigantic shoe department.  

I have a business trip up north next week and I plan to pack a pair of heels to wear into the office!  I am putting some thought into this because I will be spending some time presenting to a group, so I want to feel confident.  I don’t want to be going all out stilleto, but I think these aubergine heels will work.  I will be meeting just about everyone I see for the first time, which can be good.  I don’t want to go too far over business casual, and since it will be cold I have an idea to go with a suede jacket.  Should I go for it?

638F00DA-3708-4966-AE4C-B4AFA15FA399.jpeg

• Like 2

This look nice. You carry off the look extremely well - a regular guy who wears heels as a style choice and does so tastefully. It is the kind of look that genuinely would shift people's perceptions about men in heels, and in a positive way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would suggest that, since the pants contrast with the boots (unlike the tuxedo photos which were black pants with black boots - no contrast), you might consider either darker pants, or if you want to stay with khaki, then wear pants with a bootcut leg that's about 2 inches longer. It will fall more gracefully over the boots, draw no attention, and just look classier without the wrinkled cuff.

Steve

• Like 1

Well after all that planning over the purple heels, I have decided I will leave them behind and go for the knee high boots next week.  Yes the 4 inch heel will be a workout, but I’ll plan some extra walking time and enjoy walking through all the airport terminals in them.  My ankles were immediately a little tense when I put them on after work today, but a couple of drinks at the bar loosened everything up and I was walking all over the hotel lobby feeling good.  Nobody asked me about my heels, but it seems that I am getting more eye contact from strangers.  And that is all it is, eye contact - nobody is looking down at my shoes.  I attibute the increased eye contact to the decreased speed in which I am walking, allowing more time to look around, and the happy look on my face from wearing heels.   

It’s amazing how different the foot angle is with a 4 inch heel versus 3.  Such a steep angle!  My wife ordered me these pants that are actually long enough for a full break, which is how I plan to roll in them next week.  

A9BB635D-F2EC-412D-ACE2-5EE594769AAD.jpeg

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3