I just found this forum

Hello. 

I just found this place last week. 

From looking around, it looks like a fun forum to share. 

I look forward to sharing and learning techniques, and, of course, finding more new shoes!

My favorites are mostly wedges, as we have a lot of sand where I am, and I'm not real fond of sliding on a stiletto. 

My booties, getting ready for a ride.

IMG_0206.JPG

• Like 5

Welcome BillieJay,

You had me at wedges! They are my favorite style of heel and I have about 60 pairs of them in all sorts of colors from black and brown and neutral to very girly combinations. I wanted to post a lot of photos of me in wedges as they are vastly under displayed on the gallery but need to configure my phone for email. I have a few photos in the gallery and in the 2018 Leg Contest under "Everybody". I don't live near the coast but over half of Wisconsin has sandy soil. Tell us a little bit more about where you live and where you wear those wedges. Thanks for joining!   HappyinHeels

• Like 1

I’m in the middle of nowhere in the desert southwest. I don’t mean to be coy. We do our big shopping trips to Phoenix. Everything out here is coated with dust and sand, so wedges are much better for stability on concrete and tile, I’ve got assend over teakettle several times learning that lesson. 

BillieJay.....  welcome, this is a good place to be if you like high heels!!  Look around and see what you think.  Have fun...  sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I lived in Arizona for 2.5 years when I worked on the border 1989-1992. We lived in Lukeville and made a bi-weekly trip to Phoenix for supplies and entertainment. Once in a while we went to Tucson as it was equidistant but Phoenix was just larger and had more. Got to know the city well. Happened to be in Phoenix that infamous Tuesday in June of 1990 when temperature hit 122.3F!   HappyinHeels

• Like 1

there are houses solid out to Buckeye now. it was a big change then I went back for the first time!

I'm west of Phoenix now, it's the closest place for us to do our "big" shopping for clothing and garden stores.

where I'm at we hit 118+ for four to six weeks a year.

ugh!

3 minutes ago, BillieJay said:

there are houses solid out to Buckeye now. it was a big change then I went back for the first time!

I'm west of Phoenix now, it's the closest place for us to do our "big" shopping for clothing and garden stores.

where I'm at we hit 118+ for four to six weeks a year.

ugh!

But its a "dry heat".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

It got so hot in Phoenix that we couldn't land there a few times last summer....Wish I could find heel guys to hang with in the city....

I was stuck there one day when it got too hot to take off. Had to wait for it to cool off for the air to support take off.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

I heard about that when my family was there. I finished High School there, and it was my home of record while in the Navy. 

Going shopping there this week. Gonna be heeling with SO. 

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

On an expedition some years ago I spent weeks camping in that kind of heat and with limited water and very physical days travelling. It was no fun at all, except for the stars at night.

We do our desert fun from November until April. I stay out of it, except for work, most of the rest of the year. 

I “heart” the desert.  Growing up in SoCal, I spent many days hiking, exploring and generally rooting around in the desert Southwest, sometimes even in heels, when appropriate of course. Hot springs, cold springs, palm oases, waterfalls, ghost towns, “secret” gvt installations in plain sight, snow capped peaks to 12,000 feet with beautiful views and no trees to block the view!  The desert has it all and then some, you just have to know where to go!!   I am currently in N/W Arizona, enjoying the solitude of the desert...  Nice...

Explore the high country in the summer, and low country in the winter......   Have fun, wherever your high heel travels take you!   sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Oh, I agree. I love the desert too. The light, the space, the stars at night, the colours, the sense of remove from all other things - wonderful. The heat and thirst can be lots of no fun, especially on long hard days of very physical travelling, but the desert itself - love it. Hard as those days were, and some were brutal, I miss my time out there. 

• Like 1

Billie Jay,

Weather has been a lifelong hobby since my broadcasting days in high school. I have been a COOP observer with NWS Milwaukee for a few years now (I'll provide link to see my daily reports if anyone is really interested). There's more then 200 of us in Wisconsin and thousands across the USA. The hottest of the hot in Arizona is the "Arizona Strip" from Parker and Lake Havasu City to around Topock. The old state record high of 127/52.5C and the current one of 128F/53C were both set in this area. We learned then you always travel with a cooler for your groceries when traveling over 50 miles/80km. You don't go anywhere without drinking water in your vehicle. That's probably good for anywhere west of the Continental Divide. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Billie Jay,

Weather has been a lifelong hobby since my broadcasting days in high school. I have been a COOP observer with NWS Milwaukee for a few years now (I'll provide link to see my daily reports if anyone is really interested). There's more then 200 of us in Wisconsin and thousands across the USA. The hottest of the hot in Arizona is the "Arizona Strip" from Parker and Lake Havasu City to around Topock. The old state record high of 127/52.5C and the current one of 128F/53C were both set in this area. We learned then you always travel with a cooler for your groceries when traveling over 50 miles/80km. You don't go anywhere without drinking water in your vehicle. That's probably good for anywhere west of the Continental Divide. HappyinHeels

Yep. Very near here. We always take a cooler when traveling out of town in the summer. Thank you! Stockings/hose are for about two months of the year. Too hot the rest of the time. 

7 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

@BillieJay - welcome to the forum! 
I too am a big wedge fan!  Take a look at my gallery here when you have a chance.... and looking forward to seeing yours!

give me a couple of days to get started jeremy; I've been working, and today was a shopping trip to Phoenix...

I swear I was the only customer in the mall in heels!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:16 AM, BillieJay said:

give me a couple of days to get started jeremy; I've been working, and today was a shopping trip to Phoenix...

no problem take your time!

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:16 AM, BillieJay said:

I swear I was the only customer in the mall in heels!

LOL! I think others on this forum can tell the same tale. Rock it and enjoy it!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

BillieJay,

So did you wear wedges in the mall?? Wedges are definitely better for walking long distances in malls or on uneven ground where one still wants some height. HinH

no, I was in chunky heel booties.

I had a ball, and my wife was able to keep up with me for the first time in ages, as I walk slower in heels apparently.

Edited by BillieJay
  • Like 3

Very well done! Whether it was chunky heel booties or any other style of heel you enjoyed yourself somewhere in the presence of your wife. This epitomizes the quality of life factor when one enjoys that life on your terms and not let those imaginary demons dictate what you do. I'll bet you will look forward to the next shopping adventure as well. HappyinHeels

6 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Very well done! Whether it was chunky heel booties or any other style of heel you enjoyed yourself somewhere in the presence of your wife. This epitomizes the quality of life factor when one enjoys that life on your terms and not let those imaginary demons dictate what you do. I'll bet you will look forward to the next shopping adventure as well. HappyinHeels

It’s already in planning stages. 

Probably the weirdest part was taking off my boots to try on a pair of walking shoes, getting them was part of the need for that trip. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:15 AM, jeremy1986 said:

no problem take your time!

LOL! I think others on this forum can tell the same tale. Rock it and enjoy it!

I'm sure you were the only guy wearing heels in the mall, didn't it feel great!  Sounds like you have a loving and supportive wife, take good care of her!

• Like 1