Love for women shoes or heels only?

aussieheels

I know that this forum is focused on high heels, but I'm just wondering whether you guys only love high heels or women shoes in general. Personally, i have quite a large collection of women shoes which include knee high high heels boots, sandals, thongs and casual shoes (without heels but definitely women styled - feminine) and although I definitely get much more enjoyment wearing the heels, i find that i just love women shoes in general. Just wondering whether others in the forum have the same feelings or are only interested solely on how high the heels are......

While I do like women's shoes in general, I really prefer high heels. Wearing low heels is still fun, but I love the feeling of walking in high stilettos. That said, my favourite height is 4.5", so by some standards they're not all that high! I find that 4.5" is a nice balance between high enough to feel like heels but not so high that I struggle to walk in them. My wife has a pair of office shoes with 3" block heels that I like, but wearing them isn't as much fun as my heels. Chris

Same here. I love to wear women's shoes. I haven't worn a pair of men's shoes in several years. While I wear high heels almost exclusively at home, I usually wear shoes that are appropriate for the event I am attending.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I like women's shoes in general...heels are fun to wear, but that's like doing algebraic equations with out learning how to add and subtract. I admire the women's designs, I don't wear women's shoes in general, but they're just so much more diverse and flashier than men's.

I quess that I have the best of both worlds here. I like the fit, feel, colors, and styles of women's shoes as I have said before. And I also like the heighth of the heels on the shoes. If I am in my cross-dress mood---I wear women's shoes with heels. If I am in my "Street-heeling " mode---I wear women's boots with heels. If men's shoes and boots were available with the variety of color and styles as the women's---I probably would wear the men's shoes, and since the men's shoes are extremely drab and uninteresting---whats left? You got it---women's shoes and boots---what else. I rest my case. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Like most womens shoes, but especially stiletto heeled shoes. As said by most here they do have a wider choice, and nicer colours.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

i agree with most of you guys..... and i certainly much prefer wearing a pair of high heels but unfortunately i can't wear it all the time during the day. This is the main time that i find wearing general women shoes help fill that void.... i admit it's no wear near as satisfying as wearing a nice pair of heels, but it stand out less and much harder to spot (even though i have had comments about wearing fag shoes and they weren't even heels..) Dawn - totally agree, if men shoes have as much styles and a bit more of a heel i would probably be wearing men shoes too...

I like women's shoes. Period. Heels are the favorite of course, but the variety and spcie of women's shoes is just too much...your feet just look much better, shoes have a better fit...etc I could mention many reasons more why they are far better that men's shoes

I agree with all the above. I like the graceful high stilettos for the feel and the looks, and wear them around home most of the time. Men's styles that I wear are usually durable, comfortable, and boring. They are suitable for working in the yard, walking in rough terrain, etc., and excite no attention in public. Cowboy boots are about as far as I go in town. Drat! :D

The only men's shoes that I expect to buy will be because I need them for work. We all use a heavily padded walking shoe because of being on our feet for so long at a time. My older pair of walking shoes will become my gardening and kicking around shoes. If it wasn't for this---I wouldn't be buying men's shoes at ALL. All others will be purchased as women's shoes and boots and they will all have heels, GUARANTEED! As for cowboy boots---when you buy a good pair---they last for many years, so I won't be buying a pair in the near future. Dawn HH

verngentleheels:-) I have calf-high boots (very comfortable), several pairs of knee-high boots (really like these and also comfortable), and I am looking for some thigh-high boots. They all have heels from 3.25" up to 4". Dawn HH

You'll have to admit that there are ugly shoes in both men's and women's categories. But for me... it is heels that make the difference. Especially thinner styles of heels. Lee :-)

Dawn hh, i have a fantastic pair of kurt geiger purple suede thigh boots with fur trim and they are the most comfortable fit in a boot i,ve ever worn.They have a 4.5 inch heel and i would highly recommend kg boots.They fit like a glove :D

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I only like heels, because of my size 13 Womens US feet, getting "mainstream" heels isn't really possible, as most stop as US 10-12 Womens :D, so I like plats like my "avatars", I also like the classic Womens Pump/stiletto (as long as it has a 4"- 6" heel on it!), so I'm stuck with fetish heels or fetishy platform heels, Unfortunately both options are horrendously expensive! later, TXT-1

heels for me have to be at least 6 inches or i'm not interested. they also have to be slim line. i never liked chunky heels and have never worn them. today a woman asked how high the leathers were on my 6 inch heel cupid boots!! i pointed to my ankle and she seemed disappointed. kooky... but i will agree with TXT in that 6 inch heels and higher with platforms, the only kind i wear, are very expensive.

How expensive? The prices vary depending on where you buy them. ForPlay on the web charges $10 extra for sizes 13 and 14, which raises the price. The least expensive place I have found is Frederick's store in Hollywood. Prices for the 6 in. platforms are generally $39US in any size, $29US if they are on sale. (Their web site and catalog do not show those styles, but they are in the store). Hard to beat that except maybe on eBay, but those there are mostly Chinese made and not as refined, in my opinion. Various web stores have sales or discounts from time to time, if you are on their mailing lists. ForPlay had a 25% discount for 3 days only at the end of March, and several places offer 10% off for on-line orders.

Larry here, Mostly stilletos, Always in the 5"range but I have three pairs of flats that are really hot. I always wear them with some kind of nylons for the maximun efect........Larry.

Love those heels!

well my "avatars" cost me $160 australian, the plats I have planned (Tony Shoes 7.5" 901 platform sandals, Shoecraft wants $320 australian but I'm hoping that the place that I bought my "avatars" off , Pretty Woman And William (it's a costume hire place here in Perth Western Australia, that also sells "Exotic Dancer"/"Stripper" shoes and wear) http://www.prettywomanandwilliam.com.au can get me a pair of "901"s for about $220-240, but I will NOT buy off the net!

later,

TXT-1

If you know your size, buying off the net can be OK. I prefer Sunset Strip brand shoes or their equivalent. In your avatar style, they are called Sassy, which ForPlay carries. Don't know about overseas shipping. Tony Shoes are also good and reliable on size, but of slightly different design/construction. They can be had from Liquid Dreams on line. These are all in Hollywood. Prices are very much lower than you quoted, but again, I don't know about shipping or customs for Australia.

Shoes from Pleaser labeled Kiss are made in China. They don't fit me quite right, but are usually generously sized. They can be found on several web sites.

Sunset Strip has a website, http://www.sunsetstripshoes.com

which is a little out of date, but shows many or all of their shoes.

BobHH, I know that Sunset Strip Shoes version is are called "Sassy" because I would have prefer them over Tony Shoes! however, under the "tony Shoes" logo is the "Sunset Strip Made in USA" label! even though they have a round shank heel. The 7.5" version of the "Sassy"s is "Sultry" whish are unlike TS's 6" heels are IDENTICAL to the shoes I want! I think I'll wait and see how much I can get my 901's/Sultry's from Pw&W. considering I haven't got, and don't want a credit card, I doubt I'd get shoes off the net! later, TXT-1

• 1 month later...

I like most women's tall boots. It is impossible to find men's boots that are knee high and close fitting to the calf other than massive soled boots such as motorcycling or equestrian styles. The womens fashion equestrian syles (as opposed to the utility type, made for riding) are however less massively constructed and great for virtually unoticed wear out in the world. I like the side zip entry feature that is very easy to find in women's boots but almost unheard of in tall men's boots. The knee height of the boot is very important to me. In general I prefer the less clunk soles and heels of femine boots. Some women's styles I have seen are masculine with the huge soles which I do not prefer so it is not all women's knee boots, just the more delicate styled types. Heeled boots tend to have more slender shafts. I am slim so it is hard to find women's knee boots that have a stylishly fit close to my calf in my USA women's size 12. Most large sizes have a generous shaft width as well. When I have found that rare knee high boot that fits, and has a slim shaft, they become one of my favorites. I have a narrow foot and have a pair of womens 12 W hiking boots that are serving me well for those times when function is way more important than fashion. They are identical to men's hiking boots in appearance so no one has ever even noticed. It can be tougher to find men's narrow width shoes than women' size 12 W! My acceptance of women's boots has intermeshed nicely with necessity. In other words I'm not afraid to wear boots/shoes made for a woman in this instance. I once read in the news paper that if you are a guy with narrow feet to not be afraid to "crossdress" when it comes to purchasing athletic shoes. The women's label seems to freak most men out even when buying something so unisex as athelitic shoes. dressboots

classic style high heel boots

Dressboots:-) I like the tall knee-high boots also. I have one pair that are U.S. women's size 9M that are quite comfortable and have good fit. The rest are all U.S. women's size 8M and again, they all have good comfort and fit. I have to be selective on the heels as I want to stay between 3" and 4" and chunky as that is what I need. The shafts fit snug against my calves and snug just under my knees without binding when the knee is bent. I like a boot that comes all the way up to my knees as some are a little short in that dep't. I have just ordered a new pair of knee-high boots from New-port News which should fit fine as I have purchased from them before. I just received notice that they have been shipped. I will fill you all in later, or as they say, ("News at eleven"). Cheers--- Dawn HH

Although I think that, generally speaking, women's shoes are less comfortable than men's shoes, in my case (bad ankle) they're less painful.

I would have to agree with other posters here that they fit better - I've fairly narrow feet. A medium women's shoe in my length fits fine. A medium men's shoe fits like socks on a duck. Then again, I'm gangly/narrow-framed all over.

To answer your question, I prefer the heels themselves to the fact that the only way a man can wear heels is to wear women's shoes. It's not that I'm into wearing women's shoes. Rather, I'm into wearing what's comfortable and pleasing to the senses. "If the shoe fits, wear it," and women's shoes do fit me better than men's shoes.

Having said that, I feel the designers should pull their collective heads out of their collective a**** and realize that many men are probably closet supporters of the idea of men wearing high heels. If the designers just did some conservative prototypes on their runways, and backed it up with widespread marketing and release of products in the stores, it would catch on like thong underwear.

I have similar views about clothing, and believe that just because Western society generally prohibits men wearing skirts and dresses (tunics and robes) that we should give a flying flip about society! I believe that instead we push the boundaries, primarily with kilts, tunics, robes, caftans, sarongs - whatever they're called in the countless societies in which the wearing of mono-tubal clothing by men is normal.

To that extent, I've dedicated this next year to appearing in public after work hours in some form of normally-accepted mono-tubal clothing. Two days ago, for example, I bought a new grill at Lowes here in Vegas while wearing a caftan:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8105950706&category=11801