Jump to content

p1ng74

Boot "season"?

Recommended Posts

Yes, indeed, best of luck with the job interview. You'll certainly score style points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done with the all day interview and being driven back to the airport now... 

B7F29015-900E-481E-99CE-7E0416915743.thumb.jpeg.b918afcb778a395fb90b227bdb5861b1.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A job interview is a lot like a college exam you know when you walk out how you did. Either you know the material or you don't. So how do you feel the interview went?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

A job interview is a lot like a college exam you know when you walk out how you did. Either you know the material or you don't. So how do you feel the interview went?

When I walked in it was to discuss more generic positions that I somewhat doubted I would be happy working in.  After a day of talking to different people, they shifted to positioning me for something that is more aligned with my aspirations.  They openly said they have not hired anyone for that type of position in over 10 years.  I think the fact that we are discussing it is positive direction, and we’ll see if this turns out to be the kind of unique opportunity that it could be.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds intriguing. I hope it swings your way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 7:57 AM, p1ng74 said:

Job interview today, so I’ll just be wearing a blazer over black and white, with black boots, of course.

 0934DDF4-1E3D-45D6-984E-244F15DBFA4A.thumb.jpeg.7a0873bf48e5b4ec4694e7dc9677d1b1.jpeg

Hope the interview goes well buddy.  Sure hope the inerviewer appreciates your confidence and great boots....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, p1ng74 said:

When I walked in it was to discuss more generic positions that I somewhat doubted I would be happy working in.  After a day of talking to different people, they shifted to positioning me for something that is more aligned with my aspirations.  They openly said they have not hired anyone for that type of position in over 10 years.  I think the fact that we are discussing it is positive direction, and we’ll see if this turns out to be the kind of unique opportunity that it could be.  

Was there any apparent reaction to your appearance, in boots?   If these interviewers were comparative strangers, I should imagine that they would be at least intrigued, possibly puzzled, maybe a little concerned.   (I'm not suggesting that you should be criticised or 'marked down' for wearing heels at work - and I think you look great - but not everyone will have the same degree of tolerance or understanding.)   Good luck anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Was there any apparent reaction to your appearance, in boots?   If these interviewers were comparative strangers, I should imagine that they would be at least intrigued, possibly puzzled, maybe a little concerned.   (I'm not suggesting that you should be criticised or 'marked down' for wearing heels at work - and I think you look great - but not everyone will have the same degree of tolerance or understanding.)   Good luck anyway!

Not at all.  Most people in Massachusetts seem so engrossed in whatever they are doing that they pay no attention to what people are wearing... and in some cases what they are wearing themselves.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Not at all.  Most people in Massachusetts seem so engrossed in whatever they are doing that they pay no attention to what people are wearing... and in some cases what they are wearing themselves.  

Interesting!   But I find it surprising, and the preoccupation with other things is rather worrying.   I guess there are quite a few locals falling down open manholes as they progress on their dreamy and badly-dressed way along the pavement - (or sidewalk if you must)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nordstrom Rack in Grapevine is an amazing place.  It is almost summer here and they still have OTK Stuart Weitzman boots in the 50-75% off shelves all the way up through size 11!  

I scored some amazing trousers that had just landed in the “designer” rack and were not on sale yet, but already stickered 80% off full retail...

87FB20D0-5657-48D9-A9CC-E665E08F2E50.thumb.jpeg.09ce71295ff90e016ef3d7b183c3c6be.jpeg

Wide leg, cotton, button fly, deep pockets, what more could I ask for!

Also found this Marni piece and really liked the bootcut silhouette.  It didn’t quite fit perfectly so I left it.  If it was a size 4 I’d have a hard time putting it back.  

4B0F93A1-EED2-4510-BFD1-AEFE7595F8D2.thumb.jpeg.46ca3bd876fe4420aa1d6800177d0f7b.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@p1ng74 please don't take this the wrong way - in fact on the contrary, its a compliment - I really think you would look great in slimmer-cut tops and trousers - you evidently sport a very slim and trim figure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

@p1ng74 please don't take this the wrong way - in fact on the contrary, its a compliment - I really think you would look great in slimmer-cut tops and trousers - you evidently sport a very slim and trim figure!

Thanks.  Yes I have sloppily acquired many unfitted shirts over the years but I am on a quest to slowly replace them with slimmer cuts, and maybe even do some working out to build a little more upper body mass.  I doubt I will ever go skin tight, but even the cut on today’s shirt is a bit less pirate-shirt-looking than yesterday’s:

B7389564-9357-4D68-8550-17506838BEAF.thumb.jpeg.971eb29e78f78c50e8023e292e695c39.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ran in these heels this morning.  Someone carelessly abandoned a shopping cart at the grocery store, and it started barreling down the parking lot, aimed at a couple of late model German sedans.  I was just sitting in my car taking a phone call, so I did what any car lover would do - dropped everything and ran to intercept the collision.  As I put the cart away I discover that at least both vehicles in danger were even occupied, and no one cared or was observant enough to see the impending property damage.  Oh well, at least I got to run in my heels :)  

 

AF531ACC-E45B-4A76-A370-C6A4E0ACF3D0.thumb.jpeg.020dc09ae6aa4a7c7543443825d49c88.jpeg

 

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly hope someone said thanks for your well timed effort!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed to a more casual piece tonight that shows the boots and had an interesting dinner down at the bar:

EF261347-D5D6-4FD1-B340-74BE7BEFA6BC.thumb.jpeg.d57738ad4c6a4197f8fc4a7bc331775c.jpeg

Two ladies complimented my boots and wanted to know all about them, including what my wife thought of me wearing heels, etc.  They thought it was great, and volunteered that they also wore size 11.5 and 11, and we shared experiences shopping for boots.  The men at the bar were a bit speechless...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Changed to a more casual piece tonight that shows the boots and had an interesting dinner down at the bar:

...

Two ladies complimented my boots and wanted to know all about them, including what my wife thought of me wearing heels, etc.  They thought it was great, and volunteered that they also wore size 11.5 and 11, and we shared experiences shopping for boots.  The men at the bar were a bit speechless...

I had to smile, with a vision of the two ladies bending down and saying something like 'Hello boots, I do like you - very smart!':clap:  

I do hope that it was you, rather than your (very nice) boots who was given the compliment. :giggle:

Edited by Puffer
omit picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL technically English is my second language and and I occasionally come up with odd uses of words.  When “compliment” is used as a transitive verb, is it more typically associated with affection towards a person, rather than a thing like boots?  The ladies were not so drunk as to be talking to my boots.but the conversation centered around admiration of the boots, not me...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it would be, yes. One would say I complimented him on his boots...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Ran in these heels this morning.  Someone carelessly abandoned a shopping cart at the grocery store, and it started barreling down the parking lot, aimed at a couple of late model German sedans.  I was just sitting in my car taking a phone call, so I did what any car lover would do - dropped everything and ran to intercept the collision.  As I put the cart away I discover that at least both vehicles in danger were even occupied, and no one cared or was observant enough to see the impending property damage.  Oh well, at least I got to run in my heels :)  

 

AF531ACC-E45B-4A76-A370-C6A4E0ACF3D0.thumb.jpeg.020dc09ae6aa4a7c7543443825d49c88.jpeg

 

Nice work buddy!  I find it amusing that the owners of the cars didn't even care enough to protect their own vehicles.  I find that sometimes it is easier to run in my boots than walk in them!  I don't imagine anyone thanked you, but I will......

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done mate, running in heels is no mean feat, if you’ll pardon the pun, it doesn’t matter that nobody cared, you did so well done you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walked all over town today in my new cavalry boots, and they are even more noticeable with contrasting pants.  As much as I prefer to wear boots under the pants, I am really enjoying wearing this pair over pants.  

AE6485FE-D8F3-4D3F-8C1B-C2D4036B36E4.thumb.jpeg.768aaf30036d2fd2bc99a8933aeae487.jpeg

 I took my mother out to dinner and she instantly noticed the boots, and suddenly wanted to go boot shopping.  I pounced on this and took her downtown afterwards, and she found a perfect pair of Corral boots.  The stores were crowded, and even in the middle of a high end boot store with thousands of nice boots I managed to attract the attention of a group of tourists who asked me about these boots.  Perhaps this store should consider carrying this style, given the feedback...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are a great boot promoter for sure.....Are those boots custom made by Olathe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pebblesf said:

You are a great boot promoter for sure.....Are those boots custom made by Olathe? 

They were made by Honcho Boots

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the new boots with 3.5” heels out for another spin tonight at a company function.  Couldn’t resist stopping for a sunset photo shoot on the way:

Got to the presentations late, so I had to stand on the back for a couple hours, but with these comfy boots it felt great.  

749197EC-D611-4AFA-AE84-EC234EA8B0DC.thumb.jpeg.aa96556fa012ec7500e2f4105d19d23a.jpeg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dusted off a hat that hasn’t been touched for years and played with it a little...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  Hats are still a little outside my comfort zone.  I work in an office and any hat comes off as soon as I step inside, so I don’t really get a lot of time to develop comfort in wearing hats.  Will have to work on that some more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.