Boot "season"?

p1ng74

14 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

The hotter it gets, the shorter the shorts, but it's always boot season:

IMG_6424y.thumb.jpg.bcefaafb0e247c1c3bd27114e87a49e2.jpg

I just got my first pair of over the knee boots.  I was waiting for fall to wear them out, but I like your style wearing them with shorts. I'm going to try that soon. Thanks for your post!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

I have a "boot friend," who is always trying to convince me to wear thigh boots. The problem I discovered (besides disliking the style for myself), is that thigh boots for your average person are crotch boots for me. I don't seem to have this problem with knee boots, so maybe I just have really short thighs with normal sized calves/shins.

• Haha 1

I like my boots tall, but sometimes it does depend on the outfit.  I'm just in my cowboy boots with 4" heels today.  This is not one of my wilder outfits, but when I walked into the hotel lounge one of the staff immediately gave me an approving smile.  Later when she was servicing the coffee machine she said to me "I don't want to overstep, but I love your outfit!"  It motivated me to step outside and snap a photo:

spacer.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I like my boots tall, but sometimes it does depend on the outfit.  I'm just in my cowboy boots with 4" heels today.  This is not one of my wilder outfits, but when I walked into the hotel lounge one of the staff immediately gave me an approving smile.  Later when she was servicing the coffee machine she said to me "I don't want to overstep, but I love your outfit!"  It motivated me to step outside and snap a photo:

spacer.png

It's a great outfit for sure, I'm glad someone took the time to compliment you.  Most people notice, but don't say anything.  I suppose folks are shy, which is understandable, others just don't want to seem forward or "over step", like the staff person at your hotel.  The front desk guy at my Vegas hotel didn't say anything, but went out of his way to say "hello" and "welcome back" after I returned from my night time walk in the heat.  

These days a compliment or any sort of forward remark can land you in a world of trouble, no matter how innocent your motives in making the remark. Most people now would err on the side of caution and keep silent 

• Sad 1

Yesterday, while picking up my dry cleaning I commented to the clerk that I liked the faux leather leggings she was wearing. She thanked me for the compliment. Of course I was in capri leggings with my heels. She knows that I wear heels with leggings. So you can compliment the dress or heels of another. You just have to do it in the right way.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 3

Yes it is all in the delivery.  With some exceptions.  Employees, when on duty and being paid, have to be careful what they say to customers, lest someone complain that they are being insensitive or worse.  It's the hyper sensative "snowflake" times we seem to be in.  Saying the wrong thing can result in a verbal reprimand or much worse.  

In the workplace there are so many rules and regulations regarding conduct that one is hesitant to say anything to any coworker about any topic outside of discussion directly related to the workplace.  Sad.  In mt 40+ year career, when "on duty," I never complimented anyone (female or male) on clothing or appearance.  It just was not worth the risk.  

But when not working and on your own free time, feel free to compliment anyone for anything to your hearts desire.  That freedom still exists, for the time being at least.   

Here in kalifornia, all employers with 10 or more employees must provide annual sexual harassment "training" via a 90 min video, that is really painful to sit through.  The vid lays out ALL the "rules."  Geezzzz.....    smile, or try to....   sf

• Confused 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

It also helps a good deal if YOU are wearing heels when giving the compliment. There is no way I would ever think of complimenting a stranger, and it would likely be a female stranger, if I were not wearing heels myself.

I get three layers of harassment training at my work--the customer's, the general contractor's, and my company's. They're not that painful, but I feel they can all be pretty much distilled down into one sentence: "Don't be a jackwagon." Evidently, people can't seem to follow this simple rule, and evidently a LOT of people can't seem to follow this simple rule. Therefore, we all have to suffer through the training.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We were watching an episode of Quincy, M.E. yesterday, aired 1981, and I noticed that one of the truck drivers wore boots that I would wear.  The heels are tall heels by today's standards, and he's working in them too.  

spacer.png

• Like 4